Best way to work towards 2k rating

Hello Monks,

before Legion ends i set myself the goal to reach 2k rating. Unfortunately, the last time I actively played PvP was during WotLK, where I reached 2200k as a Feral/Resto with an oldschool Hunter friend. Right now i'm sitting at 1600 with 30 games total played in Legion with random people without voice communication. Much has changed since then i guess, and i need to learn from scratch. Adddons, Interface, Strategy, I don't really know where to start first. If anyone has good infos/resources or general advises i couldn't even think of in my lack of knowledge, i would grratly appreciate it.

One Main topic i ask myself: whats the easiest way as a Monk to reach 2k? WW or MW, 2v2 or 3v3? Which comp? I assume sticking to one spec and bracket would be the most efficient way to reach this goal, but maybe i'm totally wrong. Is it even possible to say: “spec x is way easier becaause you bring way more benefits than spec y, and paired with class z you have better chances“? Or is the playfield so even, that i shouldn't focus on this aspects?

Offtopic: is there a spec that's better in carrying others if played well?

Thanks in advance.

I have never been much of a pvp’er myself but i Lene i wanted The 2k transmog. I went with MW and pretty much just grinded my way there. Two days where I after work didn’t so much other than play. Around 1600-1700 I found a DH randomly who was working towards the same and on the 2nd day we just went hard and got it down. I went changed to crane build around 1800 and Realized I should have done that to begin with. It was a good comp we had I think. There transmog is amazing and I’m so happy I managed to get it.
    Good luck man!

Well 3's and as WW. Reaching 2k before Tuesday you'll have alot of work to do, isnt that when the squish happens?