Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    You do know that loot that isn't an upgrade is tradeable right?
    And if it is an ilvl upgrade with shit stats or an azerite piece it won't be. Your point?

What does that matter when most people don't give a shit? Blizzard claims this change is so all people get loot, too often it'll just let randomness give loot to players that don't need that particular item, and put the power in the hands of whoever gets what they don't need.

People buy, beg and whine for the item instead. The entire system is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    how are you using master loot in a pug?
    They aren't using ML in a pug. It wasn't possible. They're just making shit up and showing they didn't actually know how ML worked.

And you do know, that some people rather DE or vendor stuff they don't need, because they don't want to give THEIR loot to scrubs, right?

And if you do so, you're being called out for being an idiot, cuz someone else could have needed the piece you have gotten, but the 200g from DE'ing are worth a lot more to you.

The game should not show (in chat or that loot window) what other players have gotten in the first place. If they decide to give that piece away, that's good, if they don't also fine. But being called out for not giving out YOUR OWN loot definitely is NOT. And we all know today's playerbase: If you feel entitled to get the gear of other players, you just report them for whatever reason, just to get him banned or sth. if he doesn't hand out HIS stuff.
    Last edited by ceall; 2018-07-01 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    And you do know, that some people rather DE or vendor stuff they don't need, because they don't want to give THEIR loot to scrubs, right?

And if you do so, you're being called out for being an idiot, cuz someone else could have needed the piece you have gotten, but the 200g from DE'ing are worth a lot more to you.

The game should not show (in chat or that loot window) what other players have gotten in the first place. If they decide to give that piece away, that's good, if they don't also fine. But being called out for not giving out YOUR OWN loot definitely is NOT. And we all know today's playerbase: If you feel entitled to get the gear of other players, you just report them for whatever reason, just to get him banned or sth. if he doesn't hand out HIS stuff.
    OF course I know. I actually agree with you. I am not saying you should be required to trade it. What I was saying to that person who who said you should never get gear you can't use is that you can trade that stuff if you wish. So, in the case of guilds, his issue isn't one. They will still trade the gear and get it to someone who can use it anyway. All PL did was removed the ability of scummy RL to force people to give up gear that is an upgrade for them to give it to who the RL deems worthy. No player should have that type of control over all gear.,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    What does that matter when most people don't give a shit? Blizzard claims this change is so all people get loot, too often it'll just let randomness give loot to players that don't need that particular item, and put the power in the hands of whoever gets what they don't need.

People buy, beg and whine for the item instead. The entire system is laughable.
    Wrong. It gives power to every player over their own loot instead of one player having sole power over all gear. Giving sole power over all gear to one player is the true laughable system.

OF course I know. I actually agree with you. I am not saying you should be required to trade it. What I was saying to that person who who said you should never get gear you can't use is that you can trade that stuff if you wish. So, in the case of guilds, his issue isn't one. They will still trade the gear and get it to someone who can use it anyway. All PL did was removed the ability of scummy RL to force people to give up gear that is an upgrade for them to give it to who the RL deems worthy. No player should have that type of control over all gear.,

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong. It gives power to every player over their own loot instead of one player having sole power over all gear. Giving sole power over all gear to one player is the true laughable system.
    People really blow the ninjalooting capacity of raid leaders out of proportion. Don't trust you raid leader to masterloot, don't even bother raiding with them. For guilds this is easy and is by far the fairest system, certainly fairer than the inane personal loot. It should be a nobrainer for guilds.

It gives you power, over YOUR OWN LOOT. What that loot is however could be total shit to you, or nothing at all. Loot loses its fucking luster I'd say when you get an item you don't need or watch another player get it and promptly disappear even though he had no use for it.

This is akin to players "needing" an item in the past just to disenchant it or vendor it. A practice frowned upon that happened during lvling.

Why the frak should you even have something called "YOUR OWN LOOT" in a RAID anyway? This is an MMO, but it readily wants to destroy any and all communal aspects.
    Last edited by Shiny212; 2018-07-01 at 12:04 PM.

So, it is better for you to NOT be able to trade stuff you don't need because it has shit stats for you and is 5 ilvl higher than what you are wearing, while it is BiS for another player who could have gotten that piece thanks to ML? (Speaking from a well organized guild POV)

Forced Personal loot also slows down guilds by a lot. Now, you have 1 guy standing at the dead bosses corpse to distribute loot, while the other 9-29 can go on and clear the trash leading to the next boss.

With PL coming, it's kill boss, see if you got sth. offer it in chat, wait for others to roll on it, trade that piece, then check if someone has offered sth. you need, roll on it and get it traded and THEN move on to the trash. (Also speaking from a guild POV) This can make or break progression for mythic guilds, cause personal loot can only be traded for 2 hours, while most mythic guilds are raiding for 3 or more hours. Just think of it. Your guild raids 3 hours. It kills 4 bosses in 3 hours, but 1 of those 3 hours are now wasted on loot trading. Your guild could have killed 5 or 6 bosses in the same time with ML.
    -But Blizz can change how long gear can be traded. Yes, the can, but they won't because it's Blizz.
    Last edited by ceall; 2018-07-01 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    So, it is better for you to NOT be able to trade stuff you don't need because it has shit stats for you and is 5 ilvl higher than what you are wearing, while it is BiS for another player who could have gotten that piece thanks to ML? (Speaking from a well organized guild POV)
    It is better for me to decide what I want to do with the gear that drops for me, not you. NO one player should EVER be given sole power over all gear. PERIOD.

It is better for me to decide what I want to do with the gear that drops for me, not you. NO one player should EVER be given sole power over all gear. PERIOD.
    No gear should drop for you. Loot obtained by a raid should be for the entire group and distributed by the raid, this is done in fairness using ML. Randomly selecting people by lottery is asinine.

No gear should drop for you. Loot obtained by a raid should be for the entire group and distributed by the raid, this is done in fairness using ML. Randomly selecting people by lottery is asinine.
    In guild groups that is.

In PuGs, it's fine with personal loot as is.

People seem to have forgotten, that the last time ninja looting was a thing was back in cataclysm...

Everyone had a hand in downing the boss. Therefore, they should have an equal chance at gear, on have their chance determined by the RL. My chance at loot should never be determined by you. The only thing asinine is giving one player sole power over all loot.

PL does need tweaks. The biggest teak they could make to eliminate almost all issues is to make secondary stats work like the main ones do. When you get a piece of gear, you will get the two highest stats on your priority list while the rest are greyed out. Those can then change to match whatever spec you are in, just as main stats do. That way all upgrades you drop are actual upgrades for your spec and everything below it isn't, so it is already tradeable. You get what you want, while players retain control over the loot that drops for them and they get an equal chance at loot while you can no longer exploit others to gear yourself faster.

Everyone had a hand in downing the boss. Therefore, they should have an equal chance at gear, on have their chance determined by the RL. My chance at loot should never be determined by you. The only thing asinine is giving one player sole power over all loot.

PL does need tweaks. The biggest teak they could make to eliminate almost all issues is to make secondary stats work like the main ones do. When you get a piece of gear, you will get the two highest stats on your priority list while the rest are greyed out. Those can then change to match whatever spec you are in, just as main stats do. That way all upgrades you drop are actual upgrades for your spec and everything below it isn't, so it is already tradeable. You get what you want, while players retain control over the loot that drops for them and they get an equal chance at loot while you can no longer exploit others to gear yourself faster.
    Its a progression raider thing not a pug thing...

I get you like personal loot but your logic doesn't really make sense in a progression guild.

Deleted

Wow, a guy that doesn't like ML (because he doesn't trust other people at all) and wants all complexity in secondary stats removed. You're the whole package.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    "The team is excited about the improvements to the gearing system which gives more control to the player and lessen the impact of randomness."

Haha go fuck yourselves Blizzard.

*removes Master loot*
    *Talks about how exciting it is to give more control to the players over their loot and lessen the impact of randomness*
    Removal of legendaries is much larger improvement than personal loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooby View Post
    Wow, a guy that doesn't like ML (because he doesn't trust other people at all) and wants all complexity in secondary stats removed. You're the whole package.
    There is no complexity in secondary stats. You have a stat priority. If the gear deoesn't follow it, you don't use it. Nothing complex about that. My tweak gets rid of the "shit stats" that everyone whines about. If the piece of gear is an ilvl upgrade, it will have the right stats, so there is no need to have to be able to trade it. If it isn't an ivl upgrade, it is already tradeable so you can do what you already do in ML.

Get out of here with that "secondary stats have complexity" nonsense.

Deleted
    There is no complexity in secondary stats. You have a stat priority. If the gear deoesn't follow it, you don't use it. Nothing complex about that. My tweak gets rid of the "shit stats" that everyone whines about. If the piece of gear is an ilvl upgrade, it will have the right stats, so there is no need to have to be able to trade it. If it isn't an ivl upgrade, it is already tradeable so you can do what you already do in ML.

Get out of here with that "secondary stats have complexity" nonsense.
    No I agree, raids should just contain as many items for you as you have slots. Why have secondaries at all if you get them all anyway? Why choose to run a dungeon a few times for a specific item if its going to have the same stats as any other?

Would make the game so much better if they just changed every stat into "power" and attached it to gear. /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    All you people do i bitch lol my God.
    You would just accept any changes Blizzard does?

Does it bore u that ppl bring up an issue more than a few times?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Blizzard knows best, it’s their game op

Removing master loot removes the ability for a bunch of beta cucks to steal gear because they aren’t good enough to get gear in the first place.
    Calls someone a beta cuck, but bends over and spreads cheeks for anything Blizz does with a smile on face, because it's their game and they know best. Pot, I'd like you to meet Kettle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pyro989898 View Post
    and you are ignorant , if you really think such system will go live , Beta version is a stage where changes and bug fix takes place(not all bug will be corrected ) .
    I am sure beta in current state will have bugs, but person with sane mind will never claim that the exact beta version that is live ,is the version that people getting on 14th august,2018.
    I have a bridge id like to sell you. Its a helluva deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooby View Post
    No I agree, raids should just contain as many items for you as you have slots. Why have secondaries at all if you get them all anyway? Why choose to run a dungeon a few times for a specific item if its going to have the same stats as any other?

Would make the game so much better if they just changed every stat into "power" and attached it to gear. /s
    The best gear is going to be in raids, so you will be raiding the current raid to get it anyway. If you do want a piece from a dungeon? If all dungeons give the same IvL, then you can choose the dungeon you want to run to get it instead of being forced to run one dungeon. With the current system, you may have to run a dungeon you hate to get a piece of gear. By making the secondary stats work like the main ones, you can choose a dungeon you like to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    "The team is excited about the improvements to the gearing system which gives more control to the player and lessen the impact of randomness."

*Mythic+ chest can give up to 3 random pieces instead of 1 depending on RNG*
    *Masterloot, the literal definition of controlling loot distribution, is removed for everyone*
    *Titanforging hasn't been nerfed at all and is now the defining loot factor with the removal of tier sets*
    *The only actual gearing path is coincidentally tied to the least popular feature in the game as to increase participation rate*

I always wonder if Blizz enjoy lying to the customer. The fact that this statement in particular is such a blatant lie that does not even attempt to cover up its shadiness confirms it.
    Masterloot isn't any less random than PL tbh, you're still completely reliant on RNG for the fucking item to drop in the first place. There is a lot wrong with forced PL, but calling it more random seems incorrrect

Titanforging has been nerfed in the way that it's less frequent, also various item slots in BFA are completely exempt from the system. Azerite gear+weapons. Seems less random to me.

What is the only actual gearing path? What the fuck are ou refering to? PvP? The feature they have in fact vastly reduced the randomness in the gearing path in?

Sometimes I wonder if people just wanna be outraged.