Deleted

BfA Specs and weird animations that destroy the fun

Hi everyone,

I want to hear your opinions on some really weird things that i encountered when playing the BfA Beta (and also the live version of legion).
    I am really "picky" when it comes to my main, the aethetics (both tier sets and abilities) and the general fun of the rotations.
    I mained a ret pally for most of my wow time but warrior is a close second and i also played most of the other classes up to HC levels of raiding.
    Well, here are the things I noticed, spec by spec:

Warrior:
    - Fury: Well obviously great both gameplay and rotation wise, i just cant stand the class fantasy but to those who love the core fantasy, bfa will be the greatest time fury´s ever had (imo of course)
    - Arms: Here is where the really really strange things will start....i love the fantasy and the rotation (at least most of the time). The biggest problem here:
    Did you guys notice that the execute/overpower animations are a direct copy of the DK obliterate Animation and thus, meant for dual wielding? The animation plays and the left hand is just empty. It looks so odd and stupid that i cant stand it, especially when i have to watch it all day due to the overpower animation being the same. such a huge mistake, i cant believe this...

Paladin:
    - Ret: Obviously i love the fantasy but the rotation is really among the dullest around. Also really weak talent diversity. My biggest problem here: Awesome new TV animation but terrible Divine storm animation. The animation is just way to fast and doesnt really "fade out". The old divine storm animation played well longer which made sense whereas the legion one is just fast and ends way too fast. Really odd as well

DK:
    - Frost: Same as fury, awesome aesthetics (i would even argue maybe the best "fitting" animations out there), reallys proccy rotation which i love and nice talents as well. Overall a really nice spec going foreward
    - Unholy: Really nice roation and flow, only strange thing here is the Scourge strike animation over and over and over again....makes you look like a golf player and not like a undead warrior....

Well these are my biggest points that almost make it impossible to main plate dps specs going foreward. I know that many of you mays think "well dont be so rude to the devs, get used to the odd things" but I really cant stand these points. I would really like to know what other player think of these points so thank you in advance!

Deleted
    Literally unplayable.

Isn't the overpower animation the pummel one? With the shoulder slam? AFAIK execute hasn't changed at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I may be the odd one out, but I'm honestly not to fond of the new animation for TV...

WW Monk can get annoying at times thanks to the disappearing fists trick...I just gave up and transmog one of the the brass knucks weapons so I don't really notice anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Rybie View Post
    Isn't the overpower animation the pummel one? With the shoulder slam? AFAIK execute hasn't changed at all.
    They changed the Overpower animation recently, after people justly joked about how Arms was using his/her shoulder to dps with more than his/her weapon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Execute uses the animation of the final hit of Rampage
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Execute uses the animation of the final hit of Rampage
    That is partly correcet but the biggest problem (and I really cannot believr that apparrently nobody sees that) is, that this animation is meant for 2 WEAPONS, one in each hand. Test it on a target dummy and zoom in, you will notice that the left hand is striking as well (same as with frost DK´s Obliterate Animation) but unfortunately, without any weapon! It looks so stupid and dull that i cannot stand it at all....worst of the worst...Imagine a MM hunter Animation that shots somethign without a bow/gun in hand...same deal.

As for Ret paladins i just cannot stand the short Divine Storm animation...it just seems as if the animation should last 2 seconds longer in order to look natural....currently it just looks cut off and very stupid.

Maybe i have to go Hunter to not bother with the trashy melee animations....and survival is fine cause there is no "obliterate/Execute/Overpower" Animation

Honestly...i cant believe that nobody has a problem with such flaud animations...

I just want the WotLK bloody Ovp sounds and animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I just want the WotLK bloody Ovp sounds and animations.
    Those were the times indeed. Particularly, arms sounds were so pleasing to hear in pvp.

Petition to make overpowers animation just a punch in the face.

I liked the old animations and sound effects better for sure, spec felt like it had more flow to it when it had autoattack animations and old sounds. Some of the new animations are glorious but for some reason it doesn't gel together that well.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

New animations are crap. And no way to return the old ones since TMorph is dead.