Beta Key Giveaway Week 3: Winners have been selected!

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ...
27
35
36
37
  1. #721
    I thought every single one was easy except Prot Paladin and Arcane Mage.

    Prot Paladin i couldnt get the hang of the spinning hammers, and Arcane Mage came after Ret Paladin/Enhance Shaman where you literally have to try to die so I wasn't used to making zero mistakes (due to no self heal).

  2. #722
    Mage Tower was some of the most memorable and fun content I have experienced in Legion.

  3. #723
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Yes, because it's definitely that 14 year old model that makes the Spectral Tiger the most sought after mount in the game.
    Go on with your bad self, only enjoying things nobody has. You'll lead a long happy life.

  4. #724
    Elemental Lord Mokoshne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    getting a coffee
    Posts
    8,431
    i thought overall the mage tower was very successful. people seemed to enjoy having a challenge.
    Oi! Hey you! Will you check out my latest podcast episode that discusses the weird people who 'ship' couples online!

  5. #725
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    It is clear to me that the mage tower was considered a flop by Blizzard. I would guess that the only reason for this would be if only a tiny, TINY percentage of 110 characters have either unlocked, or, attempted to unlock the xmog. Obviously whenever there is a poll on mmo-c, 180% of players have completed every single challenge for every single spec on every single class, but i suspect the truth is quite different.

    Why would Blizzard not continue the Mage Tower, with new challenges in the next expansion? It could have been with armor sets this time.
    50bucks that your parents are siblings.

  6. #726
    The huge numbers of players outside that door re-feeding for another try strongly suggest otherwise. It is a total success (though I feel they could of made it permanent a while a go and removed it on the 'empowerment')
    wolf359#2766 Armoury

  7. #727
    Quote Originally Posted by webw0lf359 View Post
    The huge numbers of players outside that door re-feeding for another try strongly suggest otherwise. It is a total success (though I feel they could of made it permanent a while a go and removed it on the 'empowerment')
    Exactly. It reminded me of seeing other guilds during corpse runs in vanilla. It was like “hah, you failed too!”

  8. #728
    Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    Yes. And it still is. Your achievement completion date will forever record your eliteness.
    But it was also designed to get easier with gear. You knew this before it was released.

    I don't know why this would be a problem for anyone or would make them pointless, it was a fun challenge with cool rewards. The fact that others have also completed it doesn't diminish the achievement and satisfaction of getting them early.
    The mage tower wasnt fun at all anoyying piece of crap fights wih huge imblaces between specs/classes and what legednaries you had, breeze with X but hard without X legendary.The repeated shard cost, for longest time oly being uo sometimes, and it not being unique for evry single spec.

    IF they do it again soemthing liek shold be preset stats that cant be changed and unique for evry spec. At evry least unique for evry spec else they shouldnt bother with it.
    Oh and timelocked aswell which sucks, should Always be avaible stuff should be avaible, if they had preset stast it would be challenge no matetr your gear adn lvl.

  9. #729
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Go on with your bad self, only enjoying things nobody has. You'll lead a long happy life.
    I never claimed it was the healthiest thing to do, which it isnt, just that going by everything we see in game, a lot of people values the exclusivity of items very very high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    >"*any change happens*"

    OMG BLIZZ YOU HAD ONE JOB!!

  10. #730
    i am more upset that they put a lot of effort into some skins and little to no creativity into others. looking at frost dk, all hunter skins, the subtility rogues, balance druid, fire and arcane mage, arms warrior, shadow priest or even the blood dk one. regarding hunters, will they ever get one decent looking tier set in the future? the only good looking weapong skin was the balance of power bow for MM this expac.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

  11. #731
    Mage Tower was a flop, but not because it was unpopular. It was a flop because Blizzard wrongfully assumed that they had assimilated the classes to a point that they could be given activities each with the same mechanic behind them.

    They were wrong in that they assumed each class could simply perform mechanics another class could not. I consider the Tower a flop out of their sheer stupidity. Who the fuck looks at the tank challenge and thinks that it would be the same difficulty for a tank DH and a Prot Paladin?

  12. #732
    Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    The mage tower wasnt fun at all anoyying piece of crap fights wih huge imblaces between specs/classes and what legednaries you had, breeze with X but hard without X legendary.The repeated shard cost, for longest time oly being uo sometimes, and it not being unique for evry single spec.

    IF they do it again soemthing liek shold be preset stats that cant be changed and unique for evry spec. At evry least unique for evry spec else they shouldnt bother with it.
    Oh and timelocked aswell which sucks, should Always be avaible stuff should be avaible, if they had preset stast it would be challenge no matetr your gear adn lvl.
    Well thanks for stating your opinion. I still think they were fun and good addition (I didn't like the time locking aspect either). That's how it works. We all like different things.

    In WoD they had Proving Grounds which were a bit more balanced (due to ilvl being set) - I liked that approach too, but I think the lack of decent rewards and the "must" of doing them soured the experience for many. I got my 30 waves of endless achievements, but I wish there had been more to it. Mage Tower was a iteration of the "solo challenge" concept, they got the rewards right this time.
    Last edited by TelefonoGatewood; 2018-07-16 at 10:59 AM.

  13. #733
    Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    i am more upset that they put a lot of effort into some skins and little to no creativity into others. looking at frost dk, all hunter skins, the subtility rogues, balance druid, fire and arcane mage, arms warrior, shadow priest or even the blood dk one. regarding hunters, will they ever get one decent looking tier set in the future? the only good looking weapong skin was the balance of power bow for MM this expac.
    Well, these things are very subjective. Imho fire, balance and especially blood were some of the best ones, and I think the same on pretty much every post I read with the same message. Because there has been a lot, but they all mention different skins as being the "worst ones with no effort put into them".

    Except hunters. Everyone agrees they got shafted.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    They were wrong in that they assumed each class could simply perform mechanics another class could not. I consider the Tower a flop out of their sheer stupidity. Who the fuck looks at the tank challenge and thinks that it would be the same difficulty for a tank DH and a Prot Paladin?
    Well they did scale them different and sometimes they tweaked the abilities quite a bit. But yeah the comparison in quality between the mage towers and the green fire shows that one for each class wouldve been worth the effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    >"*any change happens*"

    OMG BLIZZ YOU HAD ONE JOB!!

  14. #734
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    I believe you, but I am amazed that someone went into Twins on the first time it was up and got it on the first try without having practiced/seen a vid or something. That fight has a lot of moving parts, especially for Frost. I'm always skeptical of those claims of one shot, no idea what they were doing, tossed some buttons on a bar and facerolled.

    Tugar is dead easy (I just did it on Destro at 887 ilevel with one leggo at 970) and that still took me like 15 tries because of stupid overlapping abilities RNG and getting a feel for a toon I haven't seriously played since MoP. Could I have just "one shot it"? Idk.
    We're EU, so we had videos since it was up in US before that. Still, there were no timers for DBM or Bigwigs (I'm guessing that's implemented by now, haven't done any mage tower challenge since then), and it was still pretty hard tbh, even with watching a video beforehand. As Enhancement, I had to face Sigryn, and I didn't have any defensive legendaries back then. I can't tell you how often I died because I missed a vocal cue (and the ability that followed), or misjudged the path of the valkyries, or, after a few hours of trying, failing to set my focus on her, wondering why I'm dead even though I pressed the focus kick macro. Lots of stuff happening there, and pretty much everything meant instant death if you missed it.

    Definitely was a challenge, especially after getting so used to Bigwigs making my whole screen flash if something important happens.
    Last edited by reauxmont; 2018-07-16 at 03:27 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •