Azmodan got a pretty good rework, if you ask me. He is no longer a Hero with extremely linear talent choices who is also honestly quite shallow. For people complaining about the Laser build being gone, good riddance I say. It was a very low effort skill to use that also happened to be nearly useless when when going Dunk build, which made Azmodan effectively only have two basic abilities during every game. The rework actually encourages you to cast all of his abilities during a fight without needing to fully commit to a single build already at lvl 1. The Laser on the PTR also has an advantage that the live version doesn't have; burst damage, which makes him able to deal higher bursts of damage in a short time span when using his Q. There is also some fun synergy with his W, where you could summon a constant wave of summons that worked both for sieging structures or in fights (the lvl 13 talent that make your W slow I liked in particular)

As for the removal of Black Pool, I am glad it is gone. A huge problem with Azmodan's design is that all his damage is balanced around having Black Pool in the game, which has led to him having really awful damage baseline. While the new Tide of Sin ulti isn't particularly exciting as an ulti, it is at least more practical since you can now move freely while avoiding accidental self-casts when alt casting Black Pool+Globe of Annihilation. I wouldn't mind seeing a new ulti for him or perhaps even putting his lvl 20 Tide of Sin upgrade at lvl 10, which has some interesting uses as a zoning tool.