Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuu1 View Post
    yes obviously if you restrict a class to 1 weapon they will use this one.
    However i am not a fan of hypothesis if you have information on how it works and the topic did not ask for it either.
    So if your aim is to change the topic please refer to such as the only thing you end up doing is causing confusion else.
    No my aim was not to change the topic because it's within the vicinity of what I am saying, if sub can use abilities with regular one handers, then there's a chance it could be viable but if not then they are gonna have to roll dual daggers for optimal gameplay. Not sure why I gotta keep repeating this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    The motive of Sublety is "Ninja"....and the spec does jack-shit with its offhand....they missed a giant opportunity with Legion to transform sub into a single-wielding spec with the artifact being a ninja-blade...call me a cliche kiddy if you want, but that would have been one of the coolest specs in the game. Instead Sub stayed "Assassination B"...as it always was....but now that the Artifact has been 2 daggers it is basically set in stone the spec will forever remain a dagger dual-wielder.
    This is something that would be cool for sure, they could even have some attacks use 2 hands to give them more powerful slice just like real Ninja did and have something similar to deep wounds when you crit or just off of a specific ability.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    You mean like Stormstrike? There are no excuses for weapon restrictions. Not animation wise and even less mechanics wise.
    I'm a little bitter with having to get get four--and sometimes six--weapons so I rather agree with this. Also, feeling I better play "assassin" because I got a decent dagger first is a little annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    They failed a lot with Sub. It's supposed to be the shadow empowered spec, only one ability does shadow damage(not counting Gloomblade which should be baseline) and it's not even used for it's damage, but to increase the damage of other stuff.
    Even DFA...which says it does shadow damage...didn't even do shadow damage...kinda sad really especially since everyone seems to skip gloomblade.

outlaw can use any weapon in its offhand whether its dagger or slow and it does the exact same dps (since potency is normalized)

sub needs a fast offhand due to shadow techniques
    so unless the ilvl difference is like 30+ you'Ll use a fast one.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-07-12 at 01:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    The motive of Sublety is "Ninja"....and the spec does jack-shit with its offhand....they missed a giant opportunity with Legion to transform sub into a single-wielding spec with the artifact being a ninja-blade...call me a cliche kiddy if you want, but that would have been one of the coolest specs in the game. Instead Sub stayed "Assassination B"...as it always was....but now that the Artifact has been 2 daggers it is basically set in stone the spec will forever remain a dagger dual-wielder.
    Totally agree... unfortunately Blizzard has turned the Subtlety spec into a melee shadow priest instead of the ''ninja'' flavour it could have had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most if not all specs have their abilities locked to certain weapon types. So frost still can't equip 2h, ww cant have a staff, etc... Outlaw's dispatch requires a non-dagger 1h in the mainhand weapon. So maybe we'll see daggers come back for offhands, but not a full swap.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Life View Post
    Most if not all specs have their abilities locked to certain weapon types. So frost still can't equip 2h, ww cant have a staff, etc... Outlaw's dispatch requires a non-dagger 1h in the mainhand weapon. So maybe we'll see daggers come back for offhands, but not a full swap.
    Also another thing to take into account is Personal Loot. If you play Outlaw you won't be seeing daggers drop from a boss unless you change the loot specialization, Same thing with Sub/Sin, nothing but daggers will drop from a boss unless you swap the loot spec. Coming from the PTR it specifically states the preferred weapon types for each specialization, so using a weapon type that isn't with that spec would just be gimping yourself in a way even if it's minimal.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would soooooo switch sub if they got an option for 2h katana. Maybe with very high energy cost base attacks, and with extremely fast and hard-hitting executes! =)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    They failed a lot with Sub. It's supposed to be the shadow empowered spec...
    Not to mention the super-cheesy spell names subtlety has. Seriously... Nightblade? Gloomblade?

Apparently there are reports of ppl not being able to use Dispatch because Daggers don't register as a one hand weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by xZerocidex View Post
    Apparently there are reports of ppl not being able to use Dispatch because Daggers don't register as a one hand weapon.
    Yes, I've found this. A Dagger is not a 1H Melee Weapon. Apparently. Also, the only weapons that have dropped from the Darkshore World quests are Daggers.
    Last edited by DevoidX; 2018-07-27 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DevoidX View Post
    Yes, I've found this. A Dagger is not a 1H Melee Weapon. Apparently. Also, the only weapons that have dropped from the Darkshore World quests are Daggers.
    I've gotten a sword on my Rogue, even warforged to 215.

Quote Originally Posted by DevoidX View Post
    I've had 3 sword and 3 daggers xD

Quote Originally Posted by xZerocidex View Post
    Blizzard is notorious for not having updated or detailed tooltips. Dispatch requires a main hand slow weapon (non-dagger) to be cast.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    Your cliche and kiddie. Also, I think you're right and not really cliche or kiddie either. They probably should have done that just. They seem to want to have their "ninja" and be able to say, "or maybe not!" too. I suppose the spec is just terribly mysterious.
    well, the playerbase cant figure out what they want so blizz is following suit.

Deleted
    You can perfectly fine transmog 1h swords on off-hand for Subtlety if you use 1h sword as off-hand of course. Don't see why you couldnt use daggers as off-hand for Outlaw either, there is no known drawback as all speed modifiers that used to affect gameplay are gone now from old days. I'm assuming this is what OP is asking... don't know why this thread has become so long with just a simple qeustion. Its only mutilate that requires daggers in both main and off hand.