Best Specialization for BfA Leveling

I levelled as Shadow in BfA beta and it was worse, much worse than Legion Shadow levelling.

How's Disc in that regard?

I haven't played BFA beta, but I normally always play the spec I'm going to main the entire leveling experience. So because I'm going to main Disc I will be leveling as disc, to help me get comfortable with my spec by the time I hit max level. Also Disc is finally getting back Holy Nova which will help a lot of aoe pulls with Purge the Wicked. I would assume it will be okay, especially with Atonement healing since we will get healed from both Purge and Holy nova. Seems like it would be pretty smooth.

with a modicum of gear: shadow; from 118+ maybe disc

I would 100% recommend disc, I leveled up to about 118 or so as shadow, pulling 3-4 mobs made me have to use mind bomb/dark ascension to clear them and id have about 30-40% hp after the pull, couldnt solo the 3 player elite quests at all either. Switch to disc, could start pulling 5+ mobs or any elite quest mob and finish with full hp. Its not even close how much stronger disc is for soloing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kash6 View Post
    I would 100% recommend disc, I leveled up to about 118 or so as shadow, pulling 3-4 mobs made me have to use mind bomb/dark ascension to clear them and id have about 30-40% hp after the pull, couldnt solo the 3 player elite quests at all either. Switch to disc, could start pulling 5+ mobs or any elite quest mob and finish with full hp. Its not even close how much stronger disc is for soloing.
    That is really great to hear. I just made a post asking this question to confirm. It seemed on paper like it would be good especially with holy nova. It seems to do very decent healing and damage unlike its past counterparts.

I recommend DISC too. It's solid for killing mobs, and the survivability is through the roof.

Warmode makes Disc viable

You can now take Dark Archangel (15% damage for 8 sec, 1 min cd), Searing Light (15% extra smite damage, Penance CD reduced by 1 sec every time you smite) and Trinity (atonement from PW:S lasts 30 sec and you heal for 80% of your damage)