Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Orz View Post
    But with the DPS you can do now killing Raest while being able to cast on the move helps to nuke him down so quickly that i only ever saw 1 hand cause the other guy poped up soon after then i could go into Voidform with my S2M cause you have 3 mins to do it if you dont go into void form.

Like i said iam not a expert and i literally could not get the guy down in phase 2 with S2M and drums and pots and voidform. I always seem to get him to like 1-2 percent then he bubbles and then i die.

My strat isnt for everyone i know but its just how i managed to do it.
    The solution your problem would be entering Voidform slightly earlier, not adding another 2 phases(and misusing drums+pot). The DPS you can do now makes 1 phasing easier as well.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    As other said.
    1. Dot up Karam, dmg him to i.e. 60%.
    2. Pop Surrender to Madness, start your rotation without cooldowns
    3. Bring Karam to 35%, he goes immun, Raest becomes active
    4. Hit Raest with everything (pots/drums), you have iirc 40secs to kill him, before he goes immune, Karam becomes active and you die
    5. Ignore adds

If the dmg isn't sufficient, maybe pop surrender to madness at 65% or 70%.

I just tried this on my 955ish spreist, and one shot it after seeing a video of what to expect. Didn't use S2M at all. The gear + the concordance proc just made it beyond easy.

Good luck.

An update for those interested, and a big thank you to those posting advice.

I did complete it.

First of all, I suck, remember that.

I kited Karam to 60%, focusing on keeping him on the platform around the fel pool. At 60%, I cast the base S2M, so I could continue to kite and cast, thus giving me 3min to drop Raest (I'm bad remember, and that 3min window has caused me problems). @33% I landed my fear and focussed solely on Raest. I did mange to get my cooldowns in order, not hit spells to early (you wouldn't believe how many times I would try to refresh SW:P & VT, wasting precious cast times whilst in VF). And he went down easily enough.

Then I died.

But I was happy

We don't think flying makes questing quicker. We think it makes it trivial. There is a difference. Source
    How does flying trivialise this quest?
    Cherry picking data, have a read.

I remember doing Mage Tower when it first came out. ilvl 890-900.
    I think it would so fun at 965.

I will say after many attempts at SP with 890-900, i cant remember exactly what ilvl, I think doing the Boomkin version and the Aff lock version at ilvl 920-930 was so laughable. Boomking OP starfall and Affliction blueberry taunts Raest with OP SoC...

/hugallshadowpriests

15+ Year Old Account
    I've done it on the first week of mage tower without fearing anything. It just took me some time to time my S2M cast and that was all. Killed it before he could start the 3rd phase.

Did they hotfix this so he always goes immune at 35%?

Deleted
    You pop S2M at the start to allow you to cast on the move through Phase 1, just don't enter void form until he’s 60%. Pop void form, nuke him down and quick switch to Rael when Phase 2 begins. Pop your fiend, potion, drums and nuke (ignore adds) – done. You won’t even see phase 3.

I did this 2 days ago at ilvl 927.

EDIT: I see you managed to do it anyway, well done

I'm struggling with this one because I really don't know how to play shadow priest and have never used S2M. I've tried to find detailed step-by-step guides for dummies, but no luck and the ones on forums seem to assume the player isn't as clueless as I am. :P

Is there a benefit to using S2M at the very beginning as opposed to kiting him around a bit first? It gets confusing when one person is saying pop S2M at 60% and another is saying pop void form at 60%.

Raest is either going immune or I'm running out of insanity before I can kill him. I haven't tried fearing Karam yet. Should I take Power Infusion or Mindbender for this? Also, is there a macro that'll use drums/potion/PI at the same time so there's less stuff I have to hit before I can engage?
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I'm struggling with this one because I really don't know how to play shadow priest and have never used S2M. I've tried to find detailed step-by-step guides for dummies, but no luck and the ones on forums seem to assume the player isn't as clueless as I am. :P

Is there a benefit to using S2M at the very beginning as opposed to kiting him around a bit first? It gets confusing when one person is saying pop S2M at 60% and another is saying pop void form at 60%.

Raest is either going immune or I'm running out of insanity before I can kill him. I haven't tried fearing Karam yet. Should I take Power Infusion or Mindbender for this? Also, is there a macro that'll use drums/potion/PI at the same time so there's less stuff I have to hit before I can engage?
    I just did the spriest mage tower challenge like an hour ago after like 15 or so wipes. I used the S2M strategy. I also got confused in the wowhead guide and watching a couple of videos on the challenge from the spriest pov in how to use S2M. This is how I did it:

I have soul of the high priest legendary ring so it could have made it easier for me since it gives me twist of fate as base so I can choose any of the other talent, for which I chose fortress of the mind. I also had ilvl of 938 and of course the overpowered artifact. My other talents were Mania, Mind Bomb, Reaper of Souls, Auspicious Spirits, Power Infusion and of course S2M. For the first phase, I pre-potted with the prolonged power pot and then I started attacking Karam. I used mind flay and voidform and kept on kiting him. I did not use S2M yet. Once I got him down to 34 or 35%, he goes immune and goes into purgatory. Then when Raest gets activated, I just popped everything and nuked the hell out of him. I potted, used drums, S2M, power infusion, shadowfiend and voidform and then I used mindflay, mind blast and void bolt. I killed him within that one phase. Make sure to keep moving away from the adds/vestiges and keep casting at the same time. I didn't have any of the hands appear or Karam gets activated. I didn't think it was that easy when guides said that S2M can trivialize the encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    S2M is a buff on you that doesn't require or force you into void form, but will enhance your next voidform with extras detailed in the tooltip including the death at the end. But you can delay using void form, there's no need to use it immediately (I reckon you have 3 mins or so on the buff?)

The benefit:
    You can cast while moving.
    Even without void form.
    So you can sit at full insanity until the moment is right to go ham and cast everything while moving so you don't run into the risk of Karam catching up to you (mind flay is perma slow). I makes kiting easier.

Thanks for the help, I finally got it... by accident. :P I was trying to figure out what the 'sweet spot' was to use Voidform on Karam (turned out to be 65% for me at ilvl 930 w/legendary shoulders & back) and testing out Power Infusion over Mindbender. Ended up beating the encounter, no consumables. o_O

So happy I'm finally done with twins, on everybody.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson