Poll: Favorite Allied Race

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    You can't make me choose, damn it! *sob*

I already have 3 Void Elves, but I've got plans for at -least- 2 Zandis and 2 KT Girls.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Deleted
    lol @ the people voting for elves

Highmountain Taurens - would be a good addition to the tauren customization options;
    Nightborne Elves - good idea, but done bad. The quality and quantity of their customization options is laughable;
    Zandalari Trolls - boring, I feel like I am already sick of the trolls, troll lore, troll zones. The Horde didn't really win with those. The only positive thing about Zandalar is, that we won't probably get any more troll lore ever again;
    Mag'Har Orcs - would be a good addition to the orc customization options;
    Lightforged Draenei - would be a good addition to the draenei customization options;
    Void Elves - someone probably came up with these while shitting;
    Dark Iron Dwarfs - would be a good addition to the dwarf customization options alongisde with the wildhammer;
    Humans of Kul'Tiras - they have their unique models, they are good;
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dark Iron Dwarves

Trolls have been my favorite race since I started playing WoW basically, Zandalari trolls are the natural progression of that

Otherwise, I like HM Tauren and Mag'har

Void Elves, in spite of being half assed compromises. Which says a lot for the rest of the Allied Races. So many missed opportunities. Only Sethrak can save this disappointing new feature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nightborne thus far (so much that I'm finally leveling a NB monk for the racial armor for my hunter), because gear and weapons look great on them (female model at least).

All of the current allied races really could use some more hairstyles and face options tbh.

If vulpera turn out to be true, then they may push out NB for me and I'll turn my rogue/shaman into one.

Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2018-07-06 at 12:24 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Difficult choice. I like all new stuff, even if its a slight difference like moose antlers.

I choose Void elf, because I play more alliance and it is a total new model on that side compared to my other 40+ characters.
    Kul Tiran and Dark Iron are not out yet, so I don't know how I feel playing that (definitely gonna make them).

Alliance: Void elf > Dark Iron > Kul Tiran > LF Draenei
    Horde: Zandalari > Nightborne/HM Tauren > Mag'har

Have made till now:
    Void Elf: Warlock, Hunter, Rogue, Priest & Monk
    Nightborne: Mage, Warrior & Warlock
    LF Draenei: Priest, Paladin, Warrior, Mage
    HM Tauren: Druid, Paladin, Shaman

Gonna make at least:
    Dark Iron: Shaman, Rogue & Warrior
    Mag'har: Priest & Monk
    Kul Tiran: Druid & Mage?
    Zandalari: Priest & Paladin?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    Highmountain Taurens - would be a good addition to the tauren customization options;
    Nightborne Elves - good idea, but done bad. The quality and quantity of their customization options is laughable;
    Zandalari Trolls - boring, I feel like I am already sick of the trolls, troll lore, troll zones. The Horde didn't really win with those. The only positive thing about Zandalar is, that we won't probably get any more troll lore ever again;
    Mag'Har Orcs - would be a good addition to the orc customization options;
    Lightforged Draenei - would be a good addition to the draenei customization options;
    Void Elves - someone probably came up with these while shitting;
    Dark Iron Dwarfs - would be a good addition to the dwarf customization options alongisde with the wildhammer;
    Humans of Kul'Tiras - they have their unique models, they are good;
    Why so negative? The allied races were meant to be offshot of original races anyway, creating a new race from ground up takes time. And Zandalari guys have tons of new great animations.

Also why you say that you're sick of troll zones, where last time we had actual questing in a true Troll zone was in Zul'Drak, Zandalar is the very first zone that we actually go to help them recover not to help them fall for no reason, learning about their history and customs and lastly enjoying their greatness in it's prime.
    Zandalari themselves appeared last time in MoP in one patch as addition to Thunder King's story. The community fell in love with them so much that they demanded them to be playable. Many years later they actually are - and they're winning the poll in popularity against not one but two kinds of elves.

I think their customization options could be improved but overall the race is pretty dope with their aesthetics and beautiful aztec/inca inspired armor. Cannot wait to get them as paladins. And I don't get why one would hate the most original warcraft race. No other game has such a race to be playable.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Dark Iron dwarves, nothing can beat burning beards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Why so negative? The allied races were meant to be offshot of original races anyway, creating a new race from ground up takes time. And Zandalari guys have tons of new great animations.

Also why you say that you're sick of troll zones, where last time we had actual questing in a true Troll zone was in Zul'Drak, Zandalar is the very first zone that we actually go to help them recover not to help them fall for no reason, learning about their history and customs and lastly enjoying their greatness in it's prime.
    Zandalari themselves appeared last time in MoP in one patch as addition to Thunder King's story. The community fell in love with them so much that they demanded them to be playable. Many years later they actually are - and they're winning the poll in popularity against not one but two kinds of elves.

I think their customization options could be improved but overall the race is pretty dope with their aesthetics and beautiful aztec/inca inspired armor. Cannot wait to get them as paladins. And I don't get why one would hate the most original warcraft race. No other game has such a race to be playable.
    I understand that most people probably love trolls and that the zandalari trolls are a very popular allied race pick. By "being sick of troll zones", I mean that I am sick of the Zandalar continent, it's inhabitants and that I would probably enjoy just a little bit more diversity when it comes to story and design.

I enjoyed the questing, I actually liked it even more than leveling in the Legion. The quests are good, precisely designed and they all feel somehow connected to each other, which is a really nice change from Legion.

But honesly, one person can only take so much of the troll lore and aesthetic. I mean all three zones are troll centered. Every piece of the leveling armor sets on Zandalar is inspired by the maya/inca/aztec culture. When I compare them to the Kul Tiran leveling armor, they look really bad. The armor looks bad on almost every existing Horde race so far and you can't even transmog the Alliance appearances because they are automatically converted to their Horde (troll design inspired) counterparts. They are almost unusable by any other race other than the Zandalari trolls and the regular Darkspear trolls.

I have to accept that most people are more than okay with the current troll overflow that's coming. I also think the Zandalari trolls are not as good-looking as the blood trolls. I wish the Zandalari trolls would be closer to how the blood trolls look like. You can't even compare the Zandalari troll female to the blood troll female. The blood troll females are amazing. Shame that they'll never be playable.

Also, I am a really expressive person. When I do like something, I love it. And when I don't, I usually hate it. Positive or negative, the stronger emotion always wins.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

The armor looks bad on almost every existing Horde race so far and you can't even transmog the Alliance appearances because they are automatically converted to their Horde (troll design inspired) counterparts.
    Wait, what!? I can't farm the alliance version via random greens?

Maybe the ones they introduce next time. I don't really care for any of the ones announced. Happy for those of you who do like them though.

And regarding the other allied races - Blizzard picked the term 'allied race' over a 'subrace' after all, so the "allied races were meant to be offshot of original races anyway" argument is not as strong as a lot of people think it is. At least it shouldn't be.

They literally tried to avoid this, to be able to bring more distinctive looking races without the necessity of being tied to a specific race just as their subrace. I understad that most of these new races (the allied races) are actually based on an already existing models, well basically just for the time economics and for the sake of the creation of the other content. The funny thing is, that most of the current allied races are just plain subraces of the already existing races anyway.

Zandalari or Nightborne

I understand that most people probably love trolls and that the zandalari trolls are a very popular allied race pick. By "being sick of troll zones", I mean that I am sick of the Zandalar continent, it's inhabitants and that I would probably enjoy just a little bit more diversity when it comes to story and design.
    The Kul'Tiras criticism is because it's just human orinted. Zandalar has plenty of various races such as Tortollans, Sethrak, Vulpera and even other troll kinds inhabiting it.

Kul'Tirnas is mostly human oriented I saw one Tortollan tourist and few Vulperas among pirates but overall Kul'Tiras is hardly as diverse as Zandalar.

But honesly, one person can only take so much of the troll lore and aesthetic. I mean all three zones are troll centered. Every piece of the leveling armor sets on Zandalar is inspired by the maya/inca/aztec culture. When I compare them to the Kul Tiran leveling armor, they look really bad. The armor looks bad on almost every existing Horde race so far and you can't even transmog the Alliance appearances because they are automatically converted to their Horde (troll design inspired) counterparts. They are almost unusable by any other race other than the Zandalari trolls and the regular Darkspear trolls.
    You actually named reasons why I love it so much. ever since ToT raid I wish there was more aztec themed armor that is not just for shaman so I could mog my troll characters with them. I was using outdated gear (mostly the stuff that was introduced in TBC) and I tried to mix it with newer elements from newest sets but None had such a defined style. And well ofc Kul'Tiran armor would look better on most Alliance members because Alliance if far more homogenized while Horde is collection of various styles. In Legion we had Highmountain guardians use Vrykul armor, because devs didn't bother to make more custom armor for Tauren. And elven aesthetics also don't fit everyone. This is why also there are Island expeditions to get new hues for gear and transmog.
    I was waiting years for that, and I was waiting years to get the story that we got in Zandalar. To finally explore troll culture and not just raid them for loot, to see Darkspears to have meaningful role as well ans see them progress too.

I have to accept that most people are more than okay with the current troll overflow that's coming. I also think the Zandalari trolls are not as good-looking as the blood trolls. I wish the Zandalari trolls would be closer to how the blood trolls look like. You can't even compare the Zandalari troll female to the blood troll female. The blood troll females are amazing. Shame that they'll never be playable.
    Well I don't see how Blood trolls are that much different than jungle trolls, most of their aesthetics can be applied on Darkspears as they're also the tribal type of troll while Zandalari offer imperial/ regal aesthetics. I don't see why body paint, revealing cloth and extra jewelry wouldn't be added to playable Darkspears. Zandalari offer completely different yet very defined theme and Lore, this is the reason why they're so much desired.

Also, I am a really expressive person. When I do like something, I love it. And when I don't, I usually hate it. Positive or negative, the stronger emotion always wins.
    Sounds extreme, but I thought that as an artist yourself you'd pick up the theme and effort that was put by the art team to make each allied race and each new zone the way it is. There was clearly effort put there so I thought that you'd in a way relate to it as artist that also has to put effort and work and who is also looking for feedback. This is why I can't bring myself to bash something that even if I'm not really fan of (like elven stuff) "I wouldn't say it looks like something that was done while shitting".

For example after checking dark Irons I heavily disagree that they should be merely customization option as they are distinct enough imo to make separate race, their visuals are great and I'm happy that they finally made it.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Not sure. The only piece with the alliance leveling armor design that dropped for me from a random mob while leveling as a Horde on Zandalar had a level 120 restriction, so I couldn't even use it. I was level 112 or so when it dropped in Vol'dun.

The armor appearances added to my collection while questing as a human monk in Kul Tiras were automatically converted to the Zandalar armor designs when I switched back to my belf rogue.

When I check the auction house, the greens with the opposite faction designs seem to be extremely rare. One or two pieces of armor per armor type.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    You can get dungeon gear though.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

The Kul'Tiras criticism is because it's just human orinted. Zandalar has plenty of various races such as Tortollans, Sethrak, Vulpera and even other troll kinds inhabiting it.

Kul'Tirnas is mostly human oriented I saw one Tortollan tourist and few Vulperas among pirates but overall Kul'Tiras is hardly as diverse as Zandalar.

You actually named reasons why I love it so much. ever since ToT raid I wish there was more aztec themed armor that is not just for shaman so I could mog my troll characters with them. I was using outdated gear (mostly the stuff that was introduced in TBC) and I tried to mix it with newer elements from newest sets but None had such a defined style. And well ofc Kul'Tiran armor would look better on most Alliance members because Alliance if far more homogenized while Horde is collection of various styles. In Legion we had Highmountain guardians use Vrykul armor, because devs didn't bother to make more custom armor for Tauren. And elven aesthetics also don't fit everyone. This is why also there are Island expeditions to get new hues for gear and transmog.
    I was waiting years for that, and I was waiting years to get the story that we got in Zandalar. To finally explore troll culture and not just raid them for loot, to see Darkspears to have meaningful role as well ans see them progress too.

Well I don't see how Blood trolls are that much different than jungle trolls, most of their aesthetics can be applied on Darkspears as they're also the tribal type of troll while Zandalari offer imperial/ regal aesthetics. I don't see why body paint, revealing cloth and extra jewelry wouldn't be added to playable Darkspears. Zandalari offer completely different yet very defined theme and Lore, this is the reason why they're so much desired.

Sounds extreme, but I thought that as an artist yourself you'd pick up the theme and effort that was put by the art team to make each allied race and each new zone the way it is. There was clearly effort put there so I thought that you'd in a way relate to it as artist that also has to put effort and work and who is also looking for feedback. This is why I can't bring myself to bash something that even if I'm not really fan of (like elven stuff) "I wouldn't say it looks like something that was done while shitting".

For example after checking dark Irons I heavily disagree that they should be merely customization option as they are distinct enough imo to make separate race, their visuals are great and I'm happy that they finally made it.
    It's okay to disagree. I can be wrong in many things. I can even change my mind about some things when the actual expansion arrives live. Who knows. I don't. And if you are really happy about the Zandalari trolls, Zandalar continent and their armor designs, I am happy for you.

Even though you can't always perfectly describe why you don't like something, you can't just force yourself to start liking it.

The Void elves are fine visually. I don't like their story (if there actually is any) and I think Blizz pulled this race out of their asses just at the last second, when they decided to give the Nightborne to the Horde (to soften the backlash).

People say the void elves were first introduced through Alleria's storyline on Argus but they weren't. I doubt that Blizz planned the void elves before releasing Argus.
    I would actually accept them if they got a proper introduction sometimes during BfA and were then introduced as an allied race right after. But they got no meaningful introduction in Legion prior to their actual release as an allied race and that's why I can't take them seriously.

I don't really have that many problems with how these races actually look. I think Blizz could have tweaked the models even a little bit further and that's basically it. Some races still feel a little bit underdeveloped when compared to others, but Blizz promised a revision. I'm waiting. Some decisions just seem to be a bit rushed and as a player I absolutely hate to be able to tell what content was rushed. That's a total buzzkiller for me.
    Last edited by Big Mama; 2018-07-06 at 11:24 PM.

Can we stop hating on the Void Elves? You probably even have a max level one anyways.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."