Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So, another goblin themed expansion. Meh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Did you also miss his point?

For example in the case of Mecha Jarraxus, you HAVE to pay 80$ to obtain the warlock hero apperance and its a very limited time slot to boot. This is a big difference compared to many of the previously obtained skins that were either much cheaper or obtainable ingame/through related promotions.

The extra dust/gold that Blizzard is providing through events is nothing. By making it 3x expansion per year(instead of the adventure system before), Blizzard ensured that unless people buy 400+ packs, their collections will be incomplete(opposed to spending ~3k gold on adventures and having all the cards). In fact, if there were no event/promotion, the cash grab would be absolutely shocking.

In a few months, Hearthstone will have competition with Artifact, so the expectation was for Blizzard to either tryhard or cash out.
    "The free stuff I am showered with is not the free stuff I want!"

Gimme a fucking break.

(PS - Mecha-Jaraxxus is an O P T I O N A L C O S M E T I C)
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2018-07-16 at 11:51 AM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Did you entirely miss the event we just had which showered you in extra dust (as well as a slew of high-gold-value quests)?

Or the one just coming round now which will double your gold income for several weeks?

Or the free Year Of The Raven packs that were given out recently?

Or all the OTHER free promo stuff that Blizzard throws out on the reg?

Or did you just feel like coming in and posting a couple of buzzwords you've seen posted places?
    To be fair I have slowly been falling off the radar with HS for a while now. I just saw this expansion and I cannot be assed. Hope those that still play it enjoy it, but all these pay options are off putting for 'a card game'. This practice seems too EA for my liking. Not a fan. Disappointed with Blizzard
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-07-16 at 12:01 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Did you also miss his point?

For example in the case of Mecha Jarraxus, you HAVE to pay 80$ to obtain the warlock hero apperance and its a very limited time slot to boot. This is a big difference compared to many of the previously obtained skins that were either much cheaper or obtainable ingame/through related promotions.

The extra dust/gold that Blizzard is providing through events is nothing. By making it 3x expansion per year(instead of the adventure system before), Blizzard ensured that unless people buy 400+ packs, their collections will be incomplete(opposed to spending ~3k gold on adventures and having all the cards). In fact, if there were no event/promotion, the cash grab would be absolutely shocking.

In a few months, Hearthstone will have competition with Artifact, so the expectation was for Blizzard to either tryhard or cash out.
    I couldn't get Khadgar because I don't have an iphone, that was some BS right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I couldn't get Khadgar because I don't have an iphone, that was some BS right there.
    Is that the one where everyone without a mobile device used an emulator to get it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Explanation of magnetic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59bt60K9uzQ

Also 4 new cards

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    WTB a card called Mech Rager: 3 mana 5/1 with Magnetic.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Would be most OP thing ever.
    Whirling Zap-o-matic into Mech rager for 16 damage on turn 3.
    Sshh, don't tell them!

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so crafting a Golden Whizbang the Wonderful if I don't get one from 75+ packs.

I will probably craft a regular one for my FTP account on the Asian servers.
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2018-07-20 at 08:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Low ranks fun card only, strictly worse than a deck you create yourself.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan of the new druid legendary. Unless the theme of this expansion leans aggressive or disruptive, it'll make druid the killer of control decks, next to shudderwock, of course.

10+ Year Old Account

Apparently Blizzard didn't learn from Spiteful summoner...

15+ Year Old Account
    Spiteful v2 isn't as oppressive as Spiteful v1.

For one thing, it will never, EVER be able to summon a 10-drop.

Secondly, the hand size stipulation means that most of the time you'll expect to see a 5-6 drop, unless the mage has been super hoarding. Still strong for sure, but not as oppressive as a guaranteed 8 or 10-drop (which are the two most lucrative mana slots).

Thirdly, the only mage archetype which currently has reliably full hands is Elemental, which isn't top-tier. Additionally, it breaks the Elemental chain AND takes up the turn 7 Blazecaller play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ass soon as I saw the new hunter legendary my mind was going crazy with the otk combos

So heres my idea so far: you need Thaurissan ticks to make him cheaper but you can play Boommaster Flark, Baron Rivendare and double feign death for 32dmg, and if you can kill any on your turn thats another 4 dmg and add spirit singer umbra for another 8 dmg. I am so trying this next season.

I want a cyberpunk expansion.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

A Hero locked behind an 80$ paywall is the exact reason I stopped spending money on this game. Before you could get more unique cards for 20$ with Adventures. Not to mention they drop the expansion a week before BFA. Nice logic there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly there is a lot of power creep in this expac.
    I mean Druid just got a targeted tutor for 4 cards, that is insane.
    Juicy Psychmelon - draw Azalina, Togwaggle, Aviana and Kun

I hate it already.

On another note, the new Priest card has me thinking - a lot of the druid cards released so far seem to scream "Maly Druid" with an oppressive outcome, but what it Power Word: Replicate is setting up for Faceless Manipulator being moved to HoF?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Juicy Psychmelon - draw Azalina, Togwaggle, Aviana and Kun

I hate it already.

On another note, the new Priest card has me thinking - a lot of the druid cards released so far seem to scream "Maly Druid" with an oppressive outcome, but what it Power Word: Replicate is setting up for Faceless Manipulator being moved to HoF?
    Wonder if it's worth throwing into my wild malygos druid with kun.

There does seem to be a lot of effects like faceless but surely it will be another 2 expacs before it rotates out if it does?

15+ Year Old Account
    Augmented Elekk + Seaforium Bomber + Shadowstep shenanigans

Rogue is gonna be hella fun this expac.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not liking the theme of this expansion with all the combo shit. Druids with the most insane tutor card ever printed, now mages have their minions cost 1 for 7 mana, granted its in your deck and not in hand. I hope more mid-range decks come about.