Boosted a druid, need some help

So i boosted a Druid and decided to go to argus as guardian. Looked up the build, rotations and other info (icy veins, mostly) but i keep dying a lot and taking what feels like an eternity to kill stuff. Killing time aside, im sure guardian is suposed to be really durable so im pretty sure im messing it up...
    Any tips ?

10+ Year Old Account
    What's your item level? Argus stuff hits reasonably hard if you're at 850 or below.

Its a boosted 110 so mostly the 870 gear and some 880 i had to spare on other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by ksaf View Post
    So i boosted a Druid and decided to go to argus as guardian. Looked up the build, rotations and other info (icy veins, mostly) but i keep dying a lot and taking what feels like an eternity to kill stuff. Killing time aside, im sure guardian is suposed to be really durable so im pretty sure im messing it up...
    Any tips ?
    like clevin said: GEAR , gear, gear. use that artifact boost. do a lot of WQ in broken ilse and you have gear enough for argus.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd also do the two weekly quests that get you lots of Argunite since the gear you can buy with it is 910 at least.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    current 110 boosts start at approx 870 ilvl; make sure you open the baggy of stuff they gave ya and be sure you slot the 3 appropriate relics in your bear-claw artifact wep. Otherwise, use barkskin& frenzied regen & keep up ironfur & use surv instincts & rage of the sleeper ...Bears are pretty sturdy, just don't over pull too much on Argus, it does hurt w/sub 900 gear lvl.
    Last edited by Minaah; 2018-07-05 at 09:36 PM.
    *Minaah* lvl 120 / Resto & Balance Druid -- GM of Onslaught on Doomhammer-US, Horde

15+ Year Old Account
    Keep iron fur up and hit frenzied regeneration when needed. I recommend spell flash core addon and ovale to help train you on rotation...seriously, it works wonders. Big Red is not really keeping spell flash updated much anymore so it might not be around in BfA. These 2 addons will flash buttons helping you to get rotation down.
    Honestly, I would do Argus as feral imo. Goes so much quicker. Until you get crucial legendaries for guardian it is a bit rough.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Thanks. I think i might go feral for a while to get some gear and then try bear again. It's kinda frustrating right now. My prot warrior which had IL around 850 was not nearly as bad. Sure, class knowledge goes a long way but im definitely making it harder than it needs to be.

Deleted
    I've just come back to WoW after nine months out and boosted a Druid like you. I also went into Argus as bear and struggled, like you. So I went balance with guardian affinity, so can shoot stuff down at range and if I get a bit overwhelmed can turn into bear to survive. It's done me great for the last two days, where I've got to 920 ilevel doing everything I can on Argus and a little bit of LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, gear will help - do an LFR run in Antorus to see if you can grab some stuff too.

Depends what you're fighting on Argus, as there's a lot of magic damage out there. Guardian won't be nearly as easy as, for example, Blood DK with low gear, so you'll have to react to mechanics and deal with them properly for a while.

Build and rotation do matter, however there will be some changes once prepatch goes live. Most of the relics focusing on Thrash/Mangle are where it's at for Guardian, and fortunately that Thrash relic pops up a bunch on Argus... Thrash trait alone with worth a massive amount of ilvl on top of the relic's ilvl. That being said, if pre-patch goes down next week, relic ilvl will matter most since the traits will likely be disabled. This also changes the rotation priority, but basically just keep Mangle and Thrash on cooldown while maintaning Moonfire on the target for now as it'll translate well enough into pre-patch. Build-wise for outdoor stuff, I tend to default to Brambles, Resto Affinity, Galactic Guardian, Guardian of Elune, and Rend and Tear (other talent rows not mentioned, doesn't really matter too much to me). This should provide enough passive protection to get you through most stuff, although some of the rare elites might be difficult with your current ilvl. Keep in mind, Guardian is a different beast when it comes to solo survivability compared to other tanks who have all their tools available at all times, as you may need to leave Bear Form to perform some CC's/dispels/heals... face tanking while in caster form isn't always ideal, so make sure you use your movement abilities and CC's to make space.

Forgot to mention, as others have: go to silithus and max out your artifact weapon. The concordance proc provides a silly amount of damage and damage reduction, along with all the added benefits.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2018-07-05 at 10:44 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Definitely try to do as much as you can to up your gear. You can make your own mythic groups and most people will carry you. Do LFR everything. Do the Argus weekly quests. Do all the emissary dailies. You can gear to 930 very quickly. And in the midst you will probably get a few of your bis legos

Thanks for the help, guys.