Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Can anyone name a class more unique than a druid? I can't

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Weird, I didn't know Swiftmend and Regrowth were "100% HoTs".

    I understand your point but I don't see having mostly HoTs as your healing makes you "unique".
    It sounds like you're just purposely being contrarian.

    No other class can do everything Druid does due to their shape shifting. Whether you enjoy or like the pros and cons of that utility/ability is irrelevant.

    Also, if they're the only class that relies heavily on HoT's that, by definition, makes them unique.
    SW:ToR Referral code for 7 free days of play: http://www.swtor.com/r/kyRr8Z

    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are Stupid

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Weird, I didn't know Swiftmend and Regrowth were "100% HoTs".

    I understand your point but I don't see having mostly HoTs as your healing makes you "unique".
    That's why I said essentially, it's entire focus is around hots - The Mastery is even scaling the effectiveness of HoTs based on how many hots on 1 target.
    Also regrowth also has a HoT component, it's also only really used with Clarity procs. No other class sits there rolling up to 5-6 hots on a single player, they have 1 or 2 and are a minor aspect of the kit. Making the style of Druids healing quote unique in comparison.

    Shit, even our big cooldown tranq is a channeled ticking hot.



    Weird, a healing cooldown or a better DR without sacrificing all your damage is much better than shifting to heal back and lose all your damage capabilities. Also both Bear Form and FR is being nerfed to oblivion in BfA.

    Can you really argue that's better than just having a good ol cooldown that doesn't cost all your damage?
    My comments are based from a healing point of view as that's what I am and always have been. We have other cooldowns, Barkskin and Iron Bark however the fact that FR is also a hot so is scaled with mastery. So having a HoT that can be ticking up to your entire health pool each second is pretty insane if you happen to put yourself in a bad situation, or even just helping with things that other healers can't do an easily - Like solo soak on Mythic Avatar.

    Not bad as Resto, but as Balance that's 2 GCDs. Bear also shifting out of form puts them in grave danger. Resto is honestly the only spec that doesn't really feel the issue because they can cast a HoT to leave form and they don't have to be IN a form. Funny that the spec that doesn't require being in a form isn't affected...
    How does switching from Bear form to Moonkin form put them in grave danger? That's only 1 GCD and back into your normal form.

    Wish I had a form, still switch to Treant form but it's not that same -_-
    Last edited by Yunaqt; 2018-07-11 at 08:57 PM.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    My comments are based from a healing point of view as that's what I am and always have been. We have other cooldowns, Barkskin and Iron Bark however the fact that FR is also a hot so is scaled with mastery. So having a HoT that can be ticking up to your entire health pool each second is pretty insane if you happen to put yourself in a bad situation, or even just helping with things that other healers can't do an easily - Like solo soak on Mythic Avatar.
    While most healers have less CDs defensively, Druids are still lacking in quite a few I'd argue. Paladins for example have DP and DS (I don't count any externals, they're intended to be external). They're also one of two non-tank specs to have bonus health (the other being Fury Warrior) because they use health as a resource.

    Shamans are the only other class that I immediately can think of with lackluster defensives while all other classes have at least 2 self-healing/defensive capabilities. Barkskin is very lackluster (20% is weak as hell) and Bear Form/FR is being nerfed greatly in BfA. At the very least, Shamans have Reincarnate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    How does switching from Bear form to Moonkin form put them in grave danger? That's only 1 GCD and back into your normal form.
    As in a Guardian Druid shifting out of form, sorry if I wasn't clear. No other tank has that insane handicap on their utility spells. Paladins/Monks have vulnerabilities if they're in the middle of casting a cast-time spell (Flash of Light/Effuse), but that only means all attacks will hit them. Guardians shifting out of form means they just get oneshot by a melee swing. Sure you normally shouldn't be shifting out of form but again, it cuts your utility down greatly while, again, no other tank has that consequence. Only Druids have this problem with forms/stances while all other classes have had their removed. Even Shadow Priest, still having a form, instead got Shadow/Disc versions of spells that would break their form.

    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    No other class can do everything Druid does due to their shape shifting. Whether you enjoy or like the pros and cons of that utility/ability is irrelevant.

    Also, if they're the only class that relies heavily on HoT's that, by definition, makes them unique.


    Does that make HPal unique because they rely exclusively on non-HoTs and can sacrifice some health to do some things? Not really.

    I'm just saying this doesn't make them unique. Both Shamans and Monks have a slew of HoTs.
    Shamans for example: Riptide, Healing Rain, HST, HTT, Spirit Link (technically a HoT), I'm sure I'm missing a few. Monks I don't remember their spells but a majority of their spells are also HoTs. Again, don't see how Druids are unique to this. Just because they rely more on HoTs than other classes (while TBH I think Monk has them tied), doesn't make them unique.

    As for the Shapeshifting, the only real benefit besides Travel Form is shifting to remove roots/snares, which yes is a great benefit, but the cost of it can be really shitty, especially in PvE. Again as I said above, name me one other class who loses around half their utility spells because they have to change stance/shift out of form (ON LIVE/BfA, not talking about expansions prior to Legion). Name me one other tank who is put in grave danger for any niche scenario because they had to use a specific spell/utility from their toolkit?
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2018-07-11 at 10:03 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Mage
    and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Does that make HPal unique because they rely exclusively on non-HoTs and can sacrifice some health to do some things? Not really.
    Again, by definition, if they're the only ones that do this that makes them unique within this game.

    I'm just saying this doesn't make them unique. Both Shamans and Monks have a slew of HoTs.
    Shamans for example: Riptide, Healing Rain, HST, HTT, Spirit Link (technically a HoT), I'm sure I'm missing a few. Monks I don't remember their spells but a majority of their spells are also HoTs. Again, don't see how Druids are unique to this. Just because they rely more on HoTs than other classes (while TBH I think Monk has them tied), doesn't make them unique.
    Fair enough. Not arguing about uniqueness here, but all healers do FEEL differently when you play them. That to me makes them unique, otherwise they'd feel and play the same.

    As for the Shapeshifting, the only real benefit besides Travel Form is shifting to remove roots/snares, which yes is a great benefit, but the cost of it can be really shitty, especially in PvE. Again as I said above, name me one other class who loses around half their utility spells because they have to change stance/shift out of form (ON LIVE/BfA, not talking about expansions prior to Legion). Name me one other tank who is put in grave danger for any niche scenario because they had to use a specific spell/utility from their toolkit?

    Whether they lose utility or whatnot when they use it wasn't part of the discussion. You brought that up as a negative/con for the class ability to shape shift, which is a fair criticism. You liking it or not is irrelevant though, their ability to shapeshift makes them unique.
    [/FONT]
    See above answers in bold.
    SW:ToR Referral code for 7 free days of play: http://www.swtor.com/r/kyRr8Z

    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are Stupid

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    While most healers have less CDs defensively, Druids are still lacking in quite a few I'd argue. Paladins for example have DP and DS (I don't count any externals, they're intended to be external). They're also one of two non-tank specs to have bonus health (the other being Fury Warrior) because they use health as a resource.

    Shamans are the only other class that I immediately can think of with lackluster defensives while all other classes have at least 2 self-healing/defensive capabilities. Barkskin is very lackluster (20% is weak as hell) and Bear Form/FR is being nerfed greatly in BfA. At the very least, Shamans have Reincarnate.
    Their Cooldowns are pretty standard, Barkskin is on a pretty short CD, they have access to Ironskin (because lets face it, tanks rarely use it anyway) and they still have access to bear form, being able to increase your health & armor to gain some time to recover, FR is still a hot so it scales with mastery and will increase the effectiveness on a rejuv & cultivation proc on you.

    Now the other healers, while Paladin has some of the best defensive cooldowns that doesn't mean druid is lacking. Shaman has Astral Shift, Monk Fort Brew and talenting into either Diffuse magic or Dampen Harm and Priest which has their tank CDs only (Fade doesn't count lol).

    So we have access to 2 short CDs and unlimited access to bear form, allowing us to do soaks that most other healers are not able to which is fantastic utility allowing DPS to focus more on damage.

    As in a Guardian Druid shifting out of form, sorry if I wasn't clear. No other tank has that insane handicap on their utility spells. Paladins/Monks have vulnerabilities if they're in the middle of casting a cast-time spell (Flash of Light/Effuse), but that only means all attacks will hit them. Guardians shifting out of form means they just get oneshot by a melee swing. Sure you normally shouldn't be shifting out of form but again, it cuts your utility down greatly while, again, no other tank has that consequence. Only Druids have this problem with forms/stances while all other classes have had their removed. Even Shadow Priest, still having a form, instead got Shadow/Disc versions of spells that would break their form.
    I don't think a guardian should be shifting out of form while tanking a boss, that's on them. When would they ever need healing so bad they feel the need to rejuv themselves mid fight, that's what healers are for. The tank challenge shows they have multiple other means to cover self healing without the need to hard cast any healing spells ever.
    They can utilize their abilities from other perspectives, like switching cat when Off tanking to DPS while not tanking, high mobility to soak through travel form/dash/kitty speed/ stamp roar.

    Does that make HPal unique because they rely exclusively on non-HoTs and can sacrifice some health to do some things? Not really.

    I'm just saying this doesn't make them unique. Both Shamans and Monks have a slew of HoTs.
    Shamans for example: Riptide, Healing Rain, HST, HTT, Spirit Link (technically a HoT), I'm sure I'm missing a few. Monks I don't remember their spells but a majority of their spells are also HoTs. Again, don't see how Druids are unique to this. Just because they rely more on HoTs than other classes (while TBH I think Monk has them tied), doesn't make them unique.
    Yes, a Holy Pally is kinda unique, and is a staple in any raid team for this reason. Their beacon alone is the stand out, the fact they can heal anyone in the raid and still be constantly trickling healing to the tank at all times effortlessly. And yes, other classes have HoTs but nothing in comparison to Druids which it is everything they're about. No one thinks of Shaman as a HoT class, the majority of their healing is made up from the like of Chain Heal.
    Monk far from has them tied, a Monk has ReM and EF as core spells.

    Druid has Rejuv, Lifebloom, Wild Growth, Regrowth as well as Tranq depending on talent choices Cultivation, Spring Blossom. Which all synergize with each other to further increase their effectiveness.

    The minor CDs are purely hot focused; Essence of G'hanir doubling the tick rate and Flourish extending the duration of all active hots.

    But Resto druid is the stand out, it's the only healer that relies almost exclusively on HoTs to heal with direct heals taking very much the back seat. Which is the very definition of unique, "being the only one of its kind".
    Last edited by Yunaqt; 2018-07-11 at 11:20 PM.

  7. #27
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Constantinople
    Posts
    1,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Of course druid is the most unique class, that's the whole thing about a druid

    - - - Updated - - -



    Good thing this isn't 2008 and no one cares about grammar nazis anymore
    You do realize I was poking fun at grammar Nazis, right? Uniquest isn't a word, but hey thanks for being easily triggered.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •