Poll: Levelling as...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I can't quite say just at the moment. I'll have to play around with all the specs during the pre-patch and see what I enjoy most. Typically I really enjoy Affliction for leveling due to the mobility and self-sustain, whereas Destruction is at the bottom of my list since it's been lacking in mobility and survivability since Pandaria. Demonology has the potential to be the fun shiny new thing, but from what I understand it's lacking in instant cast abilities for mob tagging at the baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    citation needed

I leveled as both Destruction and Demo 110-120 and never used warmode, for Demo specifically Warmode does very little really. Destruction, yes there is some cheese there, but you are pretty damn complete as is without it too.
    Bane of Havoc thrusts Destro ahead of Demo for leveling imo

Destro with Bane of Havoc is the clear winner if speed and efficiency are the prime concern. If your prime concern is spec loyalty, lore, "fun" or some other shit like that, play whatever you want.
    Last edited by Jahrastafari; 2018-07-08 at 05:12 PM.

Deleted
    Probably demo to check out the new changes. If it's not fun I'll switch back to destro.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Disclaimer, I leveled Demonology pre-nerf, so likely it's a bit worse now, but IMO, overall, as a Warlock you can already level just fine with any spec anyway.
    Last I derped around with it it felt noticeably slower to kill things. Like the spec actually needs to ramp a bit now where things died too quickly to really ramp before.

Probably not gonna matter much at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    This ended up being closer than I guessed, figured demo would run away with it.
    People tend to play what they find fun when leveling since most people aren't doing the whole 'needing to rush to try and get server first!!!' thing.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having played since Vanilla I have always loved Demo the most, however Affliction or Destruction were usually the kings when it came to PvP and PvE. That said BFA I plan on rolling Demo and sticking with it unless it falls off hard in higher mythic+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

People tend to play what they find fun when leveling since most people aren't doing the whole 'needing to rush to try and get server first!!!' thing.
    Thanks for clearing that up, bud. Not sure where I said that I thought demo would help in a race to server first though.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2018-07-09 at 05:13 AM.

Afflic. The true warlock spec, no matter what they do with it as long as dots, curses and drains are there.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Whichever of the three happens to catch my fancy on any given day. Im not too bothered about leveling as its always quick and painless on a Warlock anyway. Might as well get a better feel for them (as far as thats possible with leveling anyway) as I'm intending to multispec.

Deleted
    I will try the 3 speccs. All seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up, bud. Not sure where I said that I thought demo would help in a race to server first though.
    Dont believe i implied you did either?
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

For real, i'm waiting to see the new animations on Affliction and Destruction(Boy those are taking loong).

As an Worgen, playing demo on the beta right now is awesome because of the new animations.

i can only hope that Incinerate, Soul Fire and Immolation will receive new casting animations aswell. Otherwise i will probably stick to demo.

Same applies for affliction, and i really think Drain Soul should have a new animation, but thats just me.

For gameplay in general, they all look pretty awesome, affliction will probably be left behind since it received the least changes.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Destro baybeee! It's my favorite spec and has been since they killed Glyph of Demon Hunting. Plus you can't beat that green fire.

7+ Year Old Account
    Aff to 116 with AC + Slow ring
    Destro to 120.

????
    Don't be like haunt guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Terryn View Post
    Aff to 116 with AC + Slow ring
    Destro to 120.

????
    Why 116? Just curious

10+ Year Old Account
    I plan on playing Demonology for BfA, and with that I'll most likely level with that as well.
    For the past decade tho, I've always levelled up with Affliction. Run, dot, dot, dot, dot, run in circles, loot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xpiredmilk View Post
    Why 116? Just curious
    I guess because the legendaries stop working at 116, and with that the slow from ring too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xpiredmilk View Post
    Why 116? Just curious
    Probably because legendary effects stop working beyond level 115.

OT, I'll be going as destro as it seems faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    First one is gonna be demo, but the next lock probably destro since shes got the green fire.

im gonna level as Demo. changing main to warlock in BFO. Been Enhancement shaman for 10 years wth the occasional elemental or resto offspec, but shaman nonetheless. and then always had my Warlock as my main alt. BFA is the expansion I make the crossover and go for Warlock main. Been gearing all three artifact weapons in legion on my Warlock and I find Demo the most fun even in its current state. In the Beta it plays a LOT smoother, I cant wait. Only thing im a bit "scared" of is that for Myth+, specially early on, I will be missing out in effectivenes if I go with Demo over Destruction. Have a Myth+ group where we wanna go hardcore from min 1 of BFA.

Anyone tested both out in myth+? Destruction and Demonology? - Affliction is not an option for me tbh, feels MEH.

Pretty sure Destro will be the fastest and most efficient spec for leveling with Demo being the worst.