Thread: Spirit beasts

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I've roamed the new continets on beta from north to south and east to west, but so far I was unable to find even one new spirit beast in BfA. My guess is, that they might implement one in the way they did in WoD via a hidden Quest. What kind of model would you like to see? My favorite would be something based on the Sambas lion model.

Used to be Skoll. It has been the fox the past year. Skoll with the t5(?) SSC/TK set was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Audriele View Post
    I tamed Loque back in Lich and she's still my go-to.
    Har'koa is female. Loque is her mate, thus male.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erondur View Post
    I've roamed the new continets on beta from north to south and east to west, but so far I was unable to find even one new spirit beast in BfA. My guess is, that they might implement one in the way they did in WoD via a hidden Quest. What kind of model would you like to see? My favorite would be something based on the Sambas lion model.

It matches many of the requisites (mostly animations) to become a hunter's pet but being honest it happened in the past so ... I hope for the best (like you) but expect the worst ( Spirit Frog!!! )

Depends what you consider prestige - competing against other players in CRZ or a challenging tame?

They're not hard to tame, just hard to find up, and that can be somewhat circumvented by begging someone to invite you to a non-English PvP/RP realm to get rid of CRZ issues.

I mean the one that requires the most actual effort Vs AFKing on a spawn point is probably Gara? If you're Alliance Gon is probably your best bet if you want something 'unusual' (vice versa for Horde + the gryphon, but I think that model's ugly). Loque has only ever been a 'hard' tame because he has multiple spawn points and a long respawn. Honestly I'd say pets like Lalathin, Fenryr and Deth'tilac are more 'prestigious' than the spirit beasts (Gara excluded).

Better off to just use the spirit beast you like the look of the most, surely? If you want something that actually turns heads you'd need to keep an eye out for the next trick tame/bug pet people find.

<< This guy.

Probably not the most prestigious or most difficult to get, but I do see him a bit less often than Loque. His spawn point being in one small area is both a blessing and a curse as he's often camped by both hunters and griefers. My absolute favourite pet in the game and tbh one of the main reasons why I'll always play BM.

Regarding new spirit beasts, I'm still holding out hope for a tameable Hati model being added...

Wait... So now we have to tame two of each rare beast if you want two of the same pet out? Or have I missed something?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Troll Hunter as well, so Gon is my go to. Before Gon was a thing, Loque'nahak was my favourite with Gara a close second.
    Last edited by Kavorka; 2018-07-19 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Wait... So now we have to tame two of each rare beast if you want two of the same pet out? Or have I missed something?
    Correct. You need two copies of the pet now- one to be in the first spot of your stable to be used by the talent, the other to be your primary pet.

Never was a fan of Loque.. the model is awkward to me. I have loved Magria and Gon though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I never see people use Ghostcrawler. Maybe for a reason.
    I need to finish my under water Tmog so I can use my Ghostcrawler/Hydra pet duo.