Poll: Mage Tower FOS for completing all 36? Yay or nay?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I finished my warlock ones long ago super easily.
    but i dont have the time to do is 33 more times... its just... so, so tiring I cannot.....
    getting them all geared, learning them all, gathering legendaries...
    getting relics for all my stuff aswell
    like i can do it, but the amount of time required for things i will never probably use... i love difficult things, the green fire quest is one of the coolest things.
    but i hate the idea of items being deleted from the game. a title, achieve sure, but i hate the concept of things being added to the game, then removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I completed only a small handful at 960+ and while they were made significantly easier there's still a chance of wiping if you're not familiar with your spec or the encounter.
    Well sure, but you're familiar with it by the second pull and it is only 100 nethershards to try again

Seriously though, if it scaled I think a FoS would be called for. As it is, people are clearing it at nearly 100 item levels higher than they had when it was first released, so not sure it makes sense. You already get an achieve and the mogs. Really at this point, the FoS would just be a reward for sinking a massive amount of time into doing 36 challenges. Maybe that is reason enough?

Where is the "I don't really care either way" option? I haven't done them all and such a feat would not encourage me to either, I'd imagine very few people actually play most classes, let alone all the specs. If you do play all classes and have geared them up then it's completely trivial, I just resubbed to get my rogue done and I wasn't sure I'd have time to gear him before the patch, but I got my rogue and then my shammy geared (from 880-910 ish) and beat the challenges with relative ease, and I will probably get my hunter done if I get a chance to log on again before pre-patch.

At the end of the day these challenges are trivial now, designed to be done without concordance/crucible at ilvl900-920 ish so there really is nothing special about them by comparison with say the Challenge modes in previous expansions where at least your ilvl was scaled to keep the challenge somewhat relevant. If people are going in with 950 ilvl it's no more difficult than LFR for the majority of challenges.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Is there any other FoS that requires you to have all classes at max lvl? Or even more than one class?

each one should be FoTS and an overall one as well... and the tower left in game for mog hunters. FoTS should be used for the exclusiveness not the mogs.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They could still add it in later if they want to, but devils advocate if you are sporting like a 960+ GS was it really considered a challenge?
    I dont think that many people completed them with 960. I completed only one with 950+ and one (my main) at 920. Rest of them I did 930-935. I say this because I seriously dont see any reason to wait that long to do them.

there was no feat of strength for completling all mop challenge modes, so why would there be one now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They could still add it in later if they want to, but devils advocate if you are sporting like a 960+ GS was it really considered a challenge?
    There are plenty of things in the MT fights that can kill you if you don't handle them correctly regardless of being 960+, I promise you.

On-topic: I don't personally see the point. The skins themselves are the reward. An accomplishment can be awesome without an achievement.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

If you can get it all done prior to 8.0, I think that is a helluva feat.

Yes. There is one for completing all 12 order hall campaigns. There should be one for completing the 36 as well. It's way more work and way harder to achieve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    but i hate the idea of items being deleted from the game. a title, achieve sure, but i hate the concept of things being added to the game, then removed.
    As do I. They should never remove content IMO... and I say that as someone who is closing in on 30 of the Mage Tower skins.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    I dont think that many people completed them with 960. I completed only one with 950+ and one (my main) at 920. Rest of them I did 930-935. I say this because I seriously dont see any reason to wait that long to do them.
    Probably true, but even 940 GS is a big leap from a 920-930 GS from what I have experienced and every point above 940 seems to make it that much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Legendary Campaign is feat of strength that is awarded for completing all 12 class hall campaigns.

One thing you don't understand about Mage Tower - it's not only about challenge. It made all Legion content - world quests, mythic+, raids - relevant to the end. Usually at the end of expac there was no reason to do anything with your alt, so most people end up with doing some achievement on their (geared to the teeth) main or simply quiting the game. But in Legion MT just killed whole content drought, at least to me.

With gear scalling, I would probably just do it my main in 7.2 and were unsubsribed for months at this stage of expansion.
    plenty of quitters came before you, plenty will come after. there are just a lot of quitters that play the game.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I have 31 done and no real expectation of ever getting the remainin 5 healer skins, but I think those who were crazy enough to grind them all absolutely deserve an FoS at least if not a title to go with it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    There are plenty of things in the MT fights that can kill you if you don't handle them correctly regardless of being 960+, I promise you.

On-topic: I don't personally see the point. The skins themselves are the reward. An accomplishment can be awesome without an achievement.
    I agree, when I completed the Guardian one last night after a week of attempts and 3 months of casual prep on my Druid, it was about 40 attempts and I yelled "FUCK YOU, YOU PIECE OF SHIT!" when I completed it and both pets and the wife nearly shit themselves haha. I was happy needless to say because I had set out to get that one specifically.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    As do I. They should never remove content IMO... and I say that as someone who is closing in on 30 of the Mage Tower skins.
    Green fire, mop challenge mode armor and warlock mage tower stuff.
    I would much rather give up my "prestige" to allow people to obtain the items.
    green fire was good, i am fine with titles and acheives being enough to say "i did this when it was hard" but to still allow people to obtain these items, as its frustrating to lose hundreds of items each year deleted and used by such a small amount of the community.
    for example i have never seen a single warlock in the warlolrds of draenor custom elite gear, amazing set, will never see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah. I’ve never been a fan of achievements that require multiple max level toons to complete. This takes that to the extreme.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    If you were under ilvl900, then yes.
    Otherwise no, it was designed to be obsoleted by gear. It’s not a feat at this point in the expac
    I don't think you and Blizzard disagree about what a feat of strength is. The last one I got was for completing the order hall campaign for every class, which is certainly less technically demanding than beating all 36 challenges, regardless of ilvl.

No.

I believe there are things you can do in this game that are beyond achievements. We already have a FoS for leveling every class to 110 and going through the campaign. This is as far as it should go, it's already crazy enough. Adding mastering each of these classes and gearing them to the teeth is just too much for achievements.

Funny how the option with the most votes are from people that did not complete them all and don't want an achievement for it, some people are bad AND jealous as well, sad. There's no harm at all in giving a FoS for those that completed them all.