Page 1 of 2
LastLast

No Experience at MW, any chance for me to win Challenge?

I mean, the answer is probably a really loud "no." If so, fair enough. But, you know, I'm 950 and our artifacts are super-charged, and it bugs me that I don't have this on my main, so I couldn't help but ask....

I have a little lowbie healing experience on alts.

If this is remotely possible, obviously I'd read up on the fight, but does anyone have suggestions on what would constitute a smart, simple overpower setup?

Otherwise, happy to provide a laugh on this fine forum ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    You can brute force your way to victory at 950.

The only thing I didn't like about the healing challenge is that it took so long. It's about 25 minutes from start to finish, if you fail at the last stage you just lost 20 minutes of your life.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

you can do it, its just a huge pain in the ass because youre going to wipe in the last phase a few times, and it takes a shit load of time just to get to that phase. but its easily doable with how OP we are now.

I did it recently with 904 ilevel and only the Argus legendary ring. So yes if you are skilled at healing (even if not at MW) then it’s definitely possible.

A few tricks:
    P1:
    Save leg sweep to stun the mages, paralysis to interrupt archer mana sting.
    Keep renewing mist up (use thunder tea for double charges) and essence font on the warrior’s knife aoe.
    If you get fixated dodge a little bit but you can tank it with enveloping mist on yourself and soothing mist (there’s a trait for dmg reduction while you channel). Use defensive brew if needed.
    Save chiji cooldown for last wave, and use prolonged power potion. Use revival.
    Assist with DPS where possible.

The solo segment should be easy.

For phase where allies hurt each other, use chiji to help stabilise. Pop drums of fury and prolonged power pot. Keep odd heal on allies but heal the spirits with enveloping mist -> effuse -effuse in turn. Vivify and Revival will cleave to spirits.

Last phase keep your hp low but don’t die. Don’t life cocoon yourself. Anything that gives you an absorb sheid (but maintains your low hp) is golden. Don’t release if you die as npcs are immune to floor dmg and can finish him, especially if you left HoTs up. Use lightning to help speed up DPS at a safe range and make sure the floor dmg spots overlap as much as possible to maximise time before you run out of space.

I thought celerity was best as typhoon and lust are not needed and more rolls banked for use can be handy.

Lastly if you are low geared don’t underestimate the Argus legendary ring that increases Netherlight traits by 50%. Combine it with the traits that do direct damage as helps a lot with DPS (and self healing). Especially useful if you haven’t had time to get legendariss to do the challenge. It is less effective with he tier 2 passives though. Always go actives.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Peacemoon; 2018-07-06 at 10:38 PM.

to add to Peacemoons post:

if you re running it for the first phases, consider unequipping prydaz for the last phase (after clearing the room with the Inquisitor type mob and its eyes), if Prydaz refreshes right when you re trying to lower your HP you might nuke the adds hard
    you could also spec out of healing elixir or at least be aware that it will autoheal you up if it has charges ready (use them on purpose or calculate with the healing it does)
    otherwise those two things together can line up badly and make the whole phase more random than it should be

im saying this because with 950 ilvl and the 130+ artifact your hp pool might be so high that those two things can cause a threat to the NPCs with the ignite/nightbane debuff, try out at which %hp you can safely stay alive without risk of dying yourself or getting the adds so low that you need to start spam healing them after each ignite

Like other people said, this challenge is super annoying because it takes a long time from start to finish, and on your first few attempts you will wipe at each new stage because you haven't seen it yet. Don't expect to one-shot it or two-shot it, expect to ten-shot it. Yes the extra stats from the artifact power helps but this challenge isn't a DPS check.

Out of all the Monk challenges I considered this one the hardest. It is the longest. You have to heal a group of people (including yourself, a Rogue, Warrior and Hunter) who do really crappy DPS. You can't let any of them die, on top of having to heal other people in the scenario or else it just makes it super difficult. You're basically healing, tanking, kiting, CC-ing, dispelling, and DPSing for this scenario, you're literally doing it all. So make sure you have your action bars set up, and you better have mouseover heal macros.

And like others mentioned before, it actually HURTS to have super high gear for the last phase because of a silly mechanic that basically makes it so that your group takes extra damage depending on how much health you currently have. You have to basically stand in fel pools that do damage to you to bring your health down to a safe point, just another thing to manage.

Good luck. Make sure to bring flasks, potions and drums.
    Last edited by cLax0n; 2018-07-07 at 03:46 PM.

Man, you guys are awesome. I was expecting rude posts, to be honest, and you've all been more than helpful. Our class, our -community-, rocks hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingshui View Post
    Man, you guys are awesome. I was expecting rude posts, to be honest, and you've all been more than helpful. Our class, our -conmmunity-, rocks hard.
    You are welcome, let us know when you’ve done it!

Deleted
    I have 4 challenges left and this is the worst one. I feel like I'm missing something because actually keeping Jarod alive in the first phase feels impossible. Any time I have to kite, he dies. If I don't kite, I die. I don't get it, like wtf is my emergency heal?

How do I heal multiple targets quickly? It doesn't seem to matter what spells I use, somebody gets fucking bursted and I just can't get them back up.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2018-07-07 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smrtby View Post
    I have 4 challenges left and this is the worst one. I feel like I'm missing something because actually keeping Jarod alive in the first phase feels impossible. Any time I have to kite, he dies. If I don't kite, I die. I don't get it, like wtf is my emergency heal?

How do I heal multiple targets quickly? It doesn't seem to matter what spells I use, somebody gets fucking bursted and I just can't get them back up.
    For emergency heal use thunder tea + enveloping mist. Keep renewing mist up as much as possible to mitigate incoming damage. Vivify is good at healing multiple at once, especially with uplifting. Use the talent for two enhanced spells after thunder tea.

With fixate you can kite with roll and transference. Like I said before, I found that I could tank it with enveloping mist on myself + soothing mist and renewing mist. Keep practicing?

I completed the challenge with my MW 930 and no Healing legendaries with no previous experience with this spec in Legion.

Around 12-15 tries

Just finished this one this afternoon. Was my third healer through there so I knew what to do, all I had to figure out was how to play MW. Finished it with a mishmash of gear 924 ilvl the freebie ring and the on use absorb trinket. Once I figured out how to utilize cooldowns in the first phase, it took 10 tried in the last phase for the ignites and leaps to space themselves properly. Once the jumps and ignites were spaced in a way that wasn't terrible, i did it first go.

All done with the three toons I wanted, paladin, shaman, monk. All specs.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Smrtby View Post

You spam vivify.. that's pretty much the only thing you do for the whole challenge.

You don't even need to kite anything...just use CC when needed and spam vivify on yourself while keeping renewing mist up.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Chiji talent makes a few parts way easier ( 4th wave on 1st part, 1st wave on 3rd part ... ), and Leg Sweep is a must for 1st phase cheese ( stun mage+soldiers when soldiers start casting Knife Dance, leave Transcedence at the middle of the room and kite the soldiers through it, because it slows nearby enemies ), try to have Renewing Mist at all times, save Tea for Enveloping Mist emergency casts

2nd part is super easy

3rd part is kinda easy, just don't get lost and overheal the souls too much ( I only had [@mouseover] macros, after one fail, I switched all of them to [@mouseover][] and did it rather easy )

I got it on my 4th try, granted I have like a week of experience with MW

Oh, I also recommend using Rising Sun Kick on cooldown, to atleast help a little bit on the deeps, and if there's downtime and no one else needing healing, don't bother throwing more hots around, just deeps the mobs ( this is on 1st phase, on 3rd phase it's next to impossible to keep hitting the boss as he almost always stays on the green fire )

Quote Originally Posted by skindown View Post
    I only had [@mouseover] macros, after one fail, I switched all of them to [@mouseover][] and did it rather easy )
    What does this change?

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    What does this change?
    Well, if they weren't my target, it'd just cast on myself instead of on them, given I wasn't mouseover'ing anything

You either have to mouseover heal them, or just simply target them, and just by mouseover'ing I had a bit of trouble at the start figuring how much I'd have to heal, but targeting between them and healing up made it work on the 1st try ( as I am a bit unexperienced in healing, them having no frames was a bit annoying )

Deleted
    My guild is transfering for bfa so i boosted a monk on the new server because i cba to level, am i going to be shitted on with my boosted gear? i mean im kinda used to healing and i got the "knowledge" (in the search for a better word) from mythic raiding, just dont know how much the lack of legendaries and gear will affect my run.

I did the mistweaver challenge with basically no experience of the spec at about 935 a few months back. I did a couple of LFR runs just to get a bit used to keybinds and set up mouseover macros etc. I'd already done the challenge on a couple of healer classes though so that helped a bit.

You should be able to do it as long as you are prepared to fail a bit while you get used to it. Phase 1 is the worst part in my opinion so don't get disheartened if you fail a lot in phase 1.

The big thing to remember is that it's less of a healing challenge than it is a CCing challenge.

Just did the MW challenge at 917, with WW Lego's... ran out of lockouts for more loot. Definitely found it more frustrating than other 2 healer challenges I've done (Holy Pally and Resto Druid).

95% of my wipes were in Phase 1, usually on the 2nd to last phase (double solider). Compared to the Pally and Druid (Bear form FTW), I couldn't face tank the fixates.

Anyway, made it to the final phase 3 times. 1st time I had 3 adds up on the transition, forgot mana pots and went oom 2nd time I let myself get too low and died to a leap and 3rd time was a success. Oddly enough, ignoring the first failure with 3 adds, the next 2 attempts I transitioned with none. TFT EnvM on 2 adds, vivify spamming the 3rd got all 3, 2nd wave popped the bird, EF + Vivify for another 3, 3rd wave, Artifact almost healed 1 to full, then Vivify spam to finish.

If you've done it on other healers already, once you get past the first phase it's not very difficult.
    Last edited by Dakara; 2018-07-14 at 09:51 AM.