Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...
15
23
24
25
  1. #481
    Most upvoted/gilded comment on reddit was about giving players choice/control, but on mmochampion less choice is better, along with random pvp gear, random azerite gear, etc.

  2. #482
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatsack View Post
    Where was the toxicity? Everyone in the guild I'm in and every good player in this game wants master looter back. Rng is a virus that kills the game and is probably a huge reason why the game's popularity has been declining so fast. But its true the majority of the players is made up by people who will never set their foot inside an serious raiding guild. And since they're the majority ofcourse blizzard is going to cater to their every need. I wonder why all the hardcore players have ditched the scene? It might have something to do with that they removed everything thats hardcore about the game.

    No but in all honestly you only say that because you have also never experienced how effective master loot was, the most perfect tool in the game for managing people in the guild. You want to get the best gear? Sure! You just have to prove that you're the best player. Easy stuff!
    and yet in all of Q&A since begining of BfA they didnt touch the subject of PL even once.

    clearly system is working more then ok and you and many others are stuck in past instead move on and forget ML ever existed since its not coming back

  3. #483
    Quote Originally Posted by Marani View Post
    In a pug if no other rule was announced at the start, in my opinion it's fine to do whatever you want with the loot you get. That includes disenchanting to me, though I personally probably wouldn't do it in such a public way, because that's kinda mean. Tbh I mostly expect this to happen if that person mostly outgears the content. Now if they outgear it, they might actually be mostly here to farm some mats and have some fun, and to me that's just fine. Yes, if they were also to trade the items they don't need that would be super nice, but I don't really expect them to do it either. I'm here for the fun, they are here for the fun, I might get an item on the next boss or the one after and they help me get there, so it'll be fine. *shrug* If they make a thousand gold for that crystal, good for them? Maybe I just don't care for loot enough...



    I'm not the one you were asking, but I always felt like rightout abuse was rather rare. However unintentionally playing favorites ("A is a good player and should get a lot of gear!" -> the gap between A and the rest widens even more and people start getting mad, or even the other way round "A is a good player and doesn't need the loot!" -> A and his friends are getting really mad, because he feels like he's carrying the group and doesn't get rewarded) or causing drama does happen and it can feel shitty for all parties involved.

    The truth is, there is not always a right or wrong answer for who should get an item. Player A is there every week, every raid and hasn't gotten an upgrade in a while, Player B might have only been in the guild for a month or so, but he's also been consistent since and it's a really big upgrade for him, Player C is a bit more inconsistent, but you really want him in on the next boss you progress (because his class can help out a lot) and it's a decent upgrade for him.

    IMO there's a case to be made for either person (long term commitment should be rewarded, biggest personal gain and thus raid dps gain, biggest benefit for the next challenging boss) and when there's a decision to be made that isn't clear-cut that's usually when arguments start. ("But it's a much smaller upgrade for A, why don't you give it B or C?" "But B has just joined the raid and is getting all the gear! That's unfair!" "But C has missed two raids last month! He shouldn't get loot!") And now even if everyone is fine with the decision at that point in time, imagine the player getting loot leaving the guild a week later... And now imagine you are the loot master who made that "wrong decision" and people telling you that was obvious from the start...

    I don't think perso loot really fixes all of that, but there's some element of randomness involved that shifts the blame from the evil masterlooters... I always found masterloot rather stressful and even though most of my guild mates are rather reasonable, loot still caused a lot of drama over the years.

    edit: There's quite some more cases, that always are questionable: Trials not getting any loot or trials getting loot, who gets the awesome mount especially if it's clear you can't get it for all the raiders, etc pp
    Nicely explained in a way i can totally agree with, I'm not wild about PL either, but atleast with PL you cant get screwed over anymore by other players, just by blizzards poor rng system

  4. #484
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and yet in all of Q&A since begining of BfA they didnt touch the subject of PL even once.

    clearly system is working more then ok and you and many others are stuck in past instead move on and forget ML ever existed since its not coming back
    It will in classic tho so I'm not that stressed about tbh. But my luck is proof that the system isnt working in the current version. I'm literally behind everyone in my guild even tho I've probably run like 50 more M10 then the guys thats 2nd. Have never gotten loot from bonus rolls so far, And are still using 340 shoulders 370 chest and 355 helm. And I've been doing M10 since it was avaible aswell as 4/8 in mythic raiding. The system is shit because there is literally no RNG protection that they have stated, Only for the M10 weekly chest maybe. But here I am still without a 385 azerite piece for the 6th week in a row? or is it 7?

    How can one defend a system where the only factor is luck is the question. Its illogical, some time and effort should atleast be accountable not just pure luck.
    Last edited by Meatsack; 2018-10-12 at 11:45 AM.

  5. #485
    Dreadlord JackWest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Somewhere in the Twisting Nether
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLogic View Post
    Nicely explained in a way i can totally agree with, I'm not wild about PL either, but atleast with PL you cant get screwed over anymore by other players, just by blizzards poor rng system
    I think I mentioned it in another topic, but I prefer to be "screwed over" by people. Why? Because I can stop it at any given point. I cant do anything about getting fucked by the system


    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Yes, but just because someone wants something doesn't mean they should be entitled to get it.
    That’s the perfect response to all the ‘i didnt get all loot on first day with new guild under ML’ and ‘raider.io is preventing me from doing keys’

  6. #486
    Pandaren Monk OreoLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Irvine-to-Anaheim, California
    Posts
    1,775
    "I'm screwed because others had better RNG" could be fixed with a nerf to all top-end (bonus roll, extra stats) RNG. Pair that with building quick, consistent RNG protection.

    - Fewer items overall
    - Drops more relevant
    - Luck more special
    - "I'm unlucky!" reduced
    Last edited by OreoLover; 2018-10-12 at 12:32 PM.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

  7. #487
    Pandaren Monk Adlian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,952
    Personal loot in Mythic raiding is such a dumb idea. Their precious trials are forced to trade the items or they need to look for a new guild. Bring back ML and let the guilds decide who deserve the item... stop trying to play a god in your game.

  8. #488
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    yes - so deal with it

    this is literaly the best change that happend to the game

    and only ones against it are those who abused others
    No and you're an idiot.

    My brother got 395 bracers last night off a boss, they're not even an upgrade for him. He couldn't trade them to me (45 ilvl upgrade) or the other warrior (30 ilvl upgrade). They had my BiS stats on them as an HPal. So they got sharded. It's fucking horseshit.

    The only people against ML are the people at the absolute bottom or the raiding guild pool who join guilds to carry them through content because they can't be bothered to pug and people with extreme lootwhorish tendencies.

  9. #489
    The Lightbringer Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    3,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilnez View Post
    No and you're an idiot.

    My brother got 395 bracers last night off a boss, they're not even an upgrade for him. He couldn't trade them to me (45 ilvl upgrade) or the other warrior (30 ilvl upgrade). They had my BiS stats on them as an HPal. So they got sharded. It's fucking horseshit.

    The only people against ML are the people at the absolute bottom or the raiding guild pool who join guilds to carry them through content because they can't be bothered to pug and people with extreme lootwhorish tendencies.
    bullshit, just the strengh alone would be an upgrade, even if the secondaries are not optimal
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  10. #490
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatsack View Post
    It will in classic tho so I'm not that stressed about tbh. But my luck is proof that the system isnt working in the current version. I'm literally behind everyone in my guild even tho I've probably run like 50 more M10 then the guys thats 2nd. Have never gotten loot from bonus rolls so far, And are still using 340 shoulders 370 chest and 355 helm. And I've been doing M10 since it was avaible aswell as 4/8 in mythic raiding. The system is shit because there is literally no RNG protection that they have stated, Only for the M10 weekly chest maybe. But here I am still without a 385 azerite piece for the 6th week in a row? or is it 7?

    How can one defend a system where the only factor is luck is the question. Its illogical, some time and effort should atleast be accountable not just pure luck.
    Because, contrary to you and I, there are people like him who are 7/8 H and 1/8 M with a 385 weapon who bought M+ carries every week and have full Azerite @ 385 and are ilvl 376. Oh and they do 10k DPS on heroic Fetid BTW

    Meanwhile I consistently parse upper purple/gold and I'm ilvl 365 on my ret.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    bullshit, just the strengh alone would be an upgrade, even if the secondaries are not optimal
    I saw his sim, you're wrong. His 385 bracers have a socket and BiS stats. Welcome to Arms Warrior.

    I think he knows how to play warrior:

    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...k#difficulty=4

  11. #491
    The Lightbringer Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    3,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilnez View Post
    Because, contrary to you and I, there are people like him who are 7/8 H and 1/8 M with a 385 weapon who bought M+ carries every week and have full Azerite @ 385 and are ilvl 376. Oh and they do 10k DPS on heroic Fetid BTW

    Meanwhile I consistently parse upper purple/gold and I'm ilvl 365 on my ret.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I saw his sim, you're wrong. His 385 bracers have a socket and BiS stats. Welcome to Arms Warrior.

    I think he knows how to play warrior:

    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...k#difficulty=4
    see you didnt say they had a socket so still just bullshit talkin
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  12. #492
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    see you didnt say they had a socket so still just bullshit talkin
    I honestly forgot until I armory'ed him tbh, just to make sure I wasn't talking out my ass and he wasn't using the 395. My bad about that, just remember it being a big meme in Discord.

  13. #493
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilnez View Post
    I honestly forgot until I armory'ed him tbh, just to make sure I wasn't talking out my ass and he wasn't using the 395. My bad about that, just remember it being a big meme in Discord.
    But but but ... he will be able to trade the next 395 in that slot for sure! How is that not a comfort to you guys is beyond me ... working as intended.
    WoW is in Whales/Dolphins/Minnows model
    Is WoW the video version of Progress Quest yet?
    Both above are links with information about WDM model and what Progress Quest is.

  14. #494
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatsack View Post
    It will in classic tho so I'm not that stressed about tbh. But my luck is proof that the system isnt working in the current version. I'm literally behind everyone in my guild even tho I've probably run like 50 more M10 then the guys thats 2nd. Have never gotten loot from bonus rolls so far, And are still using 340 shoulders 370 chest and 355 helm. And I've been doing M10 since it was avaible aswell as 4/8 in mythic raiding. The system is shit because there is literally no RNG protection that they have stated, Only for the M10 weekly chest maybe. But here I am still without a 385 azerite piece for the 6th week in a row? or is it 7?
    340? Bullshit. No loot from 15 bonus rolls? Bullshit. And why didn't someone trade you theirs? Good luck in classic, 2 items per boss for 40 people, you are gonna gear much faster. Let me know when everyone in your guild completes their tier set, 2 expansions from now.

  15. #495
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    340? Bullshit. No loot from 15 bonus rolls? Bullshit. And why didn't someone trade you theirs? Good luck in classic, 2 items per boss for 40 people, you are gonna gear much faster. Let me know when everyone in your guild completes their tier set, 2 expansions from now.
    I love that you think that its bullshit , It just futher strengthens my argument that this system is so flawed that people who haven't experienced it can't believe it. To have someone give me gear you first need someone that actually uses the same gear as you, We only have 2 plate users in our raid unfortunately me and 1 tank, and so far he have gotten upgrades and those who weren't I already had better pieces. And since you don't seem to know alot of bosses drops 4 items in vanilla, and there is usually tons of trash loot thats usually pretty usefull.

  16. #496
    How less choice could ever be a good thing is beyond me. Forcing personal loot was a terrible decision.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

  17. #497
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhade1337 View Post
    Because i'm playing my char and not some1 else? It's my luck on a boss to get a piece of gear. Each player contributes to kill a boss so i do my job i get rewarded right? System is fine, just deal with it!
    How many times did some1 kill a boss until they get a piece of gear, and on those kills how many times the item you needed drop and someone else got it and after a few kills that players leave the guild? That case happens all the time.
    So again PL is a good thing, ML was aids. That's my opinion and no one here will change it!
    You're a scrub who can't even clear heroic. What do you know about loot distribution in mythic guilds.

  18. #498
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    You're a scrub who can't even clear heroic. What do you know about loot distribution in mythic guilds.
    Hah good joke sport.. like is hard to raider.io when you have a char name there.. GL getting carried m8

  19. #499
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    340? Bullshit. No loot from 15 bonus rolls? Bullshit. And why didn't someone trade you theirs? Good luck in classic, 2 items per boss for 40 people, you are gonna gear much faster. Let me know when everyone in your guild completes their tier set, 2 expansions from now.
    I have gotten one drop from coins so far, so I can believe him, you are the one spewing bullshit here.

  20. #500
    For some personal loot has not become a personal matter because they lack the luck I do when it's the time to loot my precious loot. All I can say about that is, better luck next time. I've been unlucky plenty of times but I never made it personal because I know personal loot isn't personal.

    /deep

    Tickol 2018

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •