View Poll Results: Why do you intend to play on Classic Servers?

Voters
336. This poll is closed
  • Slower-paced leveling

123 36.61%
  • Threat and CC required in dungeons

119 35.42%
  • Longer dungeon runs

109 32.44%
  • Single raid difficulty, 40-man raids

106 31.55%
  • Old BG rules & maps

91 27.08%
  • Old Talent System

145 43.15%
  • Old Stat system

116 34.52%
  • Old class mechanics

123 36.61%
  • Old gear and gearing options

109 32.44%
  • Nostalgia

174 51.79%
  • I do not intend to play classic servers

67 19.94%
  • I do not intend to play classic servers but probably will anyway.

22 6.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorillawar View Post
    A lot of these are "I am going back for X reason" questions, or not at all. I never played vanilla, so I have no idea of what I want out of classic servers. I do however, intend to play out of pure curiosity. Playing the version of the game that most people talk most fondly of (even if its mostly nostalgia) is something that I just want to experience. If I dislike it and quit, that's fine, but this gives me, and many other players a chance to play vanilla who never have.

Check a box for me at "Playing because I never played"
    Yea this exactly, I started in tbc and my friends did in vanilla so might as well join them to see if I like it myself.

It probably will not be the same epic game like it was then just because most never played anything like wow before so it was awesome even with it flaws but I'm just gonna play to see how it was not because I think it's gonna have epic raids.
    I still did the vanilla raids a lot of times by now and so will most players in the raid so clearing those will also be far from the same as the first time around
    Last edited by mmocd9c49027e6; 2018-07-07 at 05:39 PM.

nothing. because classic will blow.

ha!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I like how "Nostalgia" leads by 52% when everytime ppl brought up "Oh, it is just Nostalgia" the rage was on of "FCK YOU...IT IS NOT NOSTALGIA, THE GAME WAS BETTER"
    I think nostalgia is a factor, even an important one, but not the only one. Not even close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    need a "Do not intend to play, but might pop in for a look around" option
    Pretty much this option for me.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, to be honest, I don't intend to play classic, I'd rather have some progression. Though, I will play on classic if the wife wishes to see a little of the museum.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I think nostalgia is a factor, even an important one, but not the only one. Not even close.
    Nah man, obviously other people know why you like what you like better than you do

"Nostalgia" mostly rank so high on this list, because it is the only viable poll option for the forum trolls.

Even those who really admit they want to play it mostly because of nostalgic reasons, would agree with and choose other options before that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic doesn't interest me. There's been far too many quality of life improvements since then for me to ever find going back appealing. Plus, no blood elves!

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    My friends will play it and I'm kinda interested, as well.

So what can you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I like how "Nostalgia" leads by 52% when everytime ppl brought up "Oh, it is just Nostalgia" the rage was on of "FCK YOU...IT IS NOT NOSTALGIA, THE GAME WAS BETTER"
    i had checked the box to show who voted how - for some reason i cannot see it but in any event, the question is if people who vote 'will not play' also vote nostalgia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    "Nostalgia" mostly rank so high on this list, because it is the only viable poll option for the forum trolls.

Even those who really admit they want to play it mostly because of nostalgic reasons, would agree with and choose other options before that one.
    design problem, need to have a relational poll - e.g. vote yes i will play, then choose some sub-reasons. vote no - don't get the sub reason list.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bit of a laugh? Its a completely different game from Live now, and that's the rub.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

I checked nearly every option. Also community, etc, that others are saying.

As long as there is no extra fee/price involved in playing Classic I'll pop in for a bit for the old talent systems, that's it though. I really miss the days where you got something each level up, even if it was just a point to put in a hardly noticeable talent most of the time.

Only if the entire guild does.... but nah doubt it. I'll check it out but that is about it.

The slower-paced leveling for sure. I had a blast leveling a character from 1 to 60 taking my time and enjoying the journey when I played on Nostalrius. Would really recommend it. Unfortunately I had that experience on Nostalrius (and way back in vanilla of course) and am not really feeling the lure at the moment. But who knows when official Classic realms will be released anyway, maybe I'll want to do it again when they do. Once I hit level 60 I was instantly bored, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to make a toon to revisit the old Scarlet Monastery quests. Won't likely play much beyond that.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The slower-paced leveling for sure. I had a blast leveling a character from 1 to 60 taking my time and enjoying the journey when I played on Nostalrius. Would really recommend it. Unfortunately I had that experience on Nostalrius (and way back in vanilla of course) and am not really feeling the lure at the moment. But who knows when official Classic realms will be released anyway, maybe I'll want to do it again when they do. Once I hit level 60 I was instantly bored, though.
    My personal interest is leveling bracket bg's. almost unseen in p/s. 60 bg's get into a pve gear grind that I have no interest in (raiding) once the server has later raids released.

Tangential to the poll, I have wondered what blizzard intends to do to try to discourage twinking. i have thought the simplest answer is make bg's give a little xp (and no xp-off option). they stuck xp-off toons in their own brackets in 4.0 with a broken bg queue system so I think it isn't a stretch to expect that they would like to avoid permanent twinks in leveling brackets.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Deleted
    I will play on classic server out of nostalgia. I have no doubt that it will get boring quickly so no greater intentions. Just do all the shit I remember doing so long ago - and after KT is down and I got my t3 I will probably just quit and play something else again. To me this is like any single player game you can play though once a while for fun.

1. Because i imagine it will launch in a content drought period of BFA, so theres nothing to play other than classic

2. On the off chance blizzard starts developing content for it, i want an account to be able to play that shit. But more than likely it will stagnate after 6-12 months when everyones steam rolled through Naxx a few dozen times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    1. Because i imagine it will launch in a content drought period of BFA, so theres nothing to play other than classic

2. On the off chance blizzard starts developing content for it, i want an account to be able to play that shit. But more than likely it will stagnate after 6-12 months when everyones steam rolled through Naxx a few dozen times.
    blizzard marketing is pretty sharp, say what you will about other parts of the company. the obvious plan is, if classic meets certain internal goals, to have a rollout plan for a phase 2 (most likely BC as the assets are all there already in some form) during the next content deprivation period in retail. if they go in with that plan as an option now, a lot of the work can already be done first time in. bc and wotlk were the most successful periods of the game and it makes sense they would like to ultimately end up there.