Poll: Would you play Classic if you unlocked unobtainable items?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Blizzard would not have put it in the game if they did not mean for people to use it.
    not everything has to be useful for everything.

every spec had a use, it just wasnt "raiding" for all of them.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looking like a clown was part of the experience until you get full set then you just AFK in front of the AH or bank.

That's the real metric for progression.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    not everything has to be useful for everything.

every spec had a use, it just wasnt "raiding" for all of them.
    Ya but when they expect you to pay the respec fee it becomes an issue, the toxicity builds in different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    no, I used an extrapolation of your comments. I think the outcome set is simliar. what do you find different? I don't think i was sarcastic or insulting in the approach I took - just another take on the type of people who would complete classic content through naxx just for transmog.
    No, the point is simply the fact that you basically just hijack this topic once again to move the goalposts to another discussion.

So yeah, stick to the topic at hand and leave "Muh classic changes" out of it, enough threads on this topic exist.

Ya but when they expect you to pay the respec fee it becomes an issue, the toxicity builds in different ways.
    it's part of the classig MMORPG design

you dont have to like it, but using silly buzzwords like toxic is just obnoxious.

it's part of the classig MMORPG design

you dont have to like it, but using silly buzzwords like toxic is just obnoxious.
    Then don't comment if you don't like the truth, classic was as much sunshine and rainbows as live is now, people are just more vocal now than when the game was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    For those of us who have never seen a million gold, the BMAH might as well not exist for us.

Classic being a way to grab account unlocks would be a very strong hook for players.
    It depends on your server for the costs. I have bought complete t3 transmog sets never spending more than 30k for any item on 2 lower population servers. On my actual server shitty bracers top 100k.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Then don't comment if you don't like the truth, classic was as much sunshine and rainbows as live is now, people are just more vocal now than when the game was released.
    I'M not the one in denial throwing meaningless non words around on stuff just because I dont like it.

I'M not the one in denial throwing meaningless non words around on stuff just because I dont like it.
    The point remains, Blizzard I guarantee will allow you to unlock transmogrify through playing classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    No, the point is simply the fact that you basically just hijack this topic once again to move the goalposts to another discussion.

So yeah, stick to the topic at hand and leave "Muh classic changes" out of it, enough threads on this topic exist.
    I think you are wrong. Trying to say 'don't post that blizzard may/will change things on threads where we pretend everything will be the same and debate minutae based on that' is a denial problem or other unrelated issue immaterial to the thread and topic itself.

Using your goalposts reference, none of us set the goalposts, in reality. You don't, I don't, mmo-c in aggregate doesn't. Do you know who does? Do you know their track record the last 10 years in goalpost placement? Do you think it is relevant?
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    A nigga just wants an corrupted ashbringer is that too much to ask for

well to be fair getting that couple million gold for the BMAH stuff is probably easier(or rather takes less time) than to clear naxx for weeks/months
    You really think the playerbase we have now will take weeks/months to clear the old naxx with the old talents/abilities and tuning? The playerbase that played the game for the past 15 years? Hmmmmmmmmm i dont know about that LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    You really think the playerbase we have now will take weeks/months to clear the old naxx with the old talents/abilities and tuning? The playerbase that played the game for the past 15 years? Hmmmmmmmmm i dont know about that LOL
    you really think it's gonna take one clear to fully gear everyone into t3? Hmmmmmmmmm i dont know about that LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see some unsanctioned trading happening, XYZ Gold on Live for an INVITE to Naxx40 on Classic, then Master Looting pieces to the carry after they trade more gold to their live mains.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    It's not like you would just walk in there and steamroll that place..
    with today's addons and theorycrafting, you absolutely would. Unless they cut the addon api to pieces in classic we'll be able to have some truly disgusting stuff as addons in terms of making everything a complete cakewalk

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    with today's addons and theorycrafting, you absolutely would. Unless they cut the addon api to pieces in classic we'll be able to have some truly disgusting stuff as addons in terms of making everything a complete cakewalk
    Haha, yeah. Good thing no vanilla addons made things a cakewalk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Haha, yeah. Good thing no vanilla addons made things a cakewalk.
    If you want to compare vanilla addons to the fullest extent that DBM et al ever assumed (during wotlk before they removed parts of the API) and the full capability of WCLogs and similar, you're utterly delusional. 2/3rd's of the difficulty came from sheer prep and obscurity of raid mechanics and lack of reliable ways to telegraph them.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    So as the title suggests, would you be More or Less likely to play Classic if you knew you could unlock "Unobtainable" items for your Retail account?
    I guess on paper it's a nice addition.

But practially, it doesn't really do anything since everything looked like shit back then. I wouldn't be using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    If you want to compare vanilla addons to the fullest extent that DBM et al ever assumed (during wotlk before they removed parts of the API) and the full capability of WCLogs and similar, you're utterly delusional. 2/3rd's of the difficulty came from sheer prep and obscurity of raid mechanics and lack of reliable ways to telegraph them.
    I agree, you really can't compare addons playing the game for you to DBM displaying a mechanic's range in 3D.

I'd like it if playing Vanilla unlocked earned transmogs/mounts for your main account. But they'd have to make sure that the process occurs invisibly on Classic Wow's side. No unlock notifications as you're playing Classic.