How would you feel about Symbiosis returning?

I used to love that spell! I loved giving my shaman buddy prowl/solar beam and there were some neat spells you could get from other classes too.

It was always scuppled by the class balance system at the time, which pretty much tried to make everyone equal; if symbiosis has been powerful, everyone would have brought Druids over other classes.

However in BfA class divergence and class niche specialities are a thing again. So why not bring back Symbiosis? Who doesn’t want to get a little symbiotic with their friends?

But maybe streamline it a bit more. For those receiving it, healers could get CR, tanks stampeding roar, DPS tiger dash, ranged Moonkin disengage.

More consistency across those receiving it would make it less of a choice for them about who gets symbiosis, and more of a choice for the Druid based on what ability you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love it as an elemental shaman as I would be getting [Solar Beam = aoe interrupt] and the Restoration Druid would get [Spiritwalkers's Grace = cast while moving]. This combination was one of the best and all the resto druids gave me symbiosis.

However, it was a balanced nightmare and some players never got Symbiosis since the spell swap was just inferior to other options. I personally really like things like these. Stuff that can help in a very specific situation and that's what made class identity so central during early WoW. You had spells which you used very rarely (i.e. Sentry Totem) but these were cool things which made you feel great when you could use them in a situation.

Agree Nivena. That’s why I’d suggest a symbiosis where other classes get a standardised utility spell based on role (healer/tank/melee/ranged), and it was the Druid who got the main advantage. That way it would be more of a choice about what spell the Druid wanted, which in most cases was what it ended up being anyway.

I'd love to see the return of that spell! It was so awesome and such a good idea. But judging by the route Blizz seems to be taking, they're more inclined to remove things, not add

Terrible for fantasy on both sides to use abilities not related to your class.
    As a druid I don't want non-druid spells, and as a non-druid I don't want druid spells. If they changed that part I would've liked the ability a lot more.
    It sucked you couldn't Symbiosis other druids (which would be the most appropriate, thematically).
    It sucked it lasted one hour as opposed to being permanent within range.

Symbiosis should NEVER return to game. It was epic bad idea to add it.

Druid with iceblock or dispersion was a joke.

YES. FUCK YES. PLEASE YES!

I would totally love it but I doubt it'd ever return cuz we have Inner-Costs-A-GCD and Stampeding-Tiny-Range for our "utility".

For people against it, think of it this way: It's to make up for our lack of real utility and the fact that half our toolkit is unavailable to us in every form. No other class still suffers this issue of stance-swapping.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2018-07-07 at 08:11 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

As fun as that spell was it musta been a nightmare for the devs. And it was completely imbalanced to be good for some classes not so good for others.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see Symbiosis return.

I don't think it could come back as it was, I would however enjoy seeing the "copycat" aspect of druid built into it. Make it a druid only benefit, you mark the class you wish to copy and you get a druid stylized version of one of their spells. Takes out the balance nightmare and essentially makes it a friendly version of the DK spell. Still makes a fun choice of which class to pick in different encounters or PVP etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love it. I used to use it on rogues to get cloak in siege of orgrimmar and pop it when we were killing the trash before Sha of pride, killing a bunch of people while living. Was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

This will never happen lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I read the title as 'How DO you feel about symbiosis returning' looked again after clicking thread, and now I'm sad again.

It was one of those super dumb/hilarious spells that we had around for only a short while that'll be missed. Sure it was semi-useless, unless you picked the right class and then it could be broken as fuck. I'd love it if blizz brought back some more of those spells, the semi-iconic and semi-moronic spells that were removed for "balance" reasons.

you mean putting back the most creative spell ever put in the game? that was removed because "it was hard to understand"

yes, I'd love it back.

It was a fun spell but some of the exchanges were overpowered. Druids with ice block ? Madness

the spell was a ton of fun and unique things like that should be in the game, but people cried it right out of the game since they didn't get it or that blizz needed to buff what their class gave to druids so they could get it. for a short time i was able to run around as a huge owl chicken with cloak of shadows and stand in all the fire, and i miss it.

It was really only good in raids and then only if you had enough of the right specs and not too many Druids fighting over them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    you mean putting back the most creative spell ever put in the game? that was removed because "it was hard to understand"

yes, I'd love it back.
    It wasnt that hard.

The general rule as I remember was to just put it on the tank so they could have an extra cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    It wasnt that hard.

The general rule as I remember was to just put it on the tank so they could have an extra cooldown.
    I know it wasnt, but that was blizzards excuse for removing it