Angry another "ranged-focus" expansion for dungeons?

Hello all...

i have mainly played melee-oriented classes on the beta (currently warrior/dk/enha at 120 with hc gear)..tested all the dungeons for M+ purpose and i can say that melees are very punished atm.

Every single trash pack as aoe damage around the main focus (the tank) and even with good position you are very likely to take damage: almost in every dungeon i am 2nd in the damage taken and i think i am a pretty good player...if you play a ranged class in BFa you will likely have a better life in dungeons ..except for some focused spell (like sleep) you will probably avoid almost all the damage...and we haven't even talked about some crazy dungeon like the motherloade when EVERY TRASH pack of goblin will explode themselfs..on melee ofc..a real nightmare...or when you are focuse by a bomb that you need to take down before it reaches you..yeah pretty fun as melee you know..

Melee has all the downside possible with more damage taken and hardly the same dps of a caster..due to continue moves..

i have played some dungeon as Bm hunter and demo lock..my god it's so much easier...

i will not main a ranged ofc but that's irrilevant..

5+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you will be disadvantaged in PvE somewhat. Enjoy your massive superiority over ranged in PvP, though. Unless you main Ret...

There are plenty of effects that only affected ranged in legion as well. Frankly most of the encounters were build around ranged doing something. I play both and i can tell you that ranged don't have it that easy either, maybe with the exception of random instagibs during skittish weeks. Getting targeted by random pounce/charge of 3+ mobs all at once is certainly a thing as well though.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    There are plenty of effects that only affected ranged in legion as well. Frankly most of the encounters were build around ranged doing something. I play both and i can tell you that ranged don't have it that easy either, maybe with the exception of random instagibs during skittish weeks. Getting targeted by random pounce/charge of 3+ mobs all at once is certainly a thing as well though.
    Let's not forget hidden volcanoes, or quakes going off whenever you were going to cast anything important. Or trying to eat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, when you think about it, it’s an opportunity for team building in a way. Healers need to focus on melee>ranged, and ranged have to be a bit more on the ball. Also, if you’re doing dungeon content, look at selecting traits or talents that offer some healing or mitigation; a frost DK could mix in a Death Strike now and then. Obviously at Mythic + levels, there is a limit to him much DPS you can sacrifice, but we’ll get there.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Yes, you will be disadvantaged in PvE somewhat. Enjoy your massive superiority over ranged in PvP, though. Unless you main Ret...
    Melee is FAR from being superior to ranged in PvP.. I think most PvPers would say ranged has been superior for a long while now (mages/warlocks have pretty much always been T1)... that's not to say melee isn't easier to excel however. I think most average to below average players probably think melee is better because it's easier and more melee players can perform decently compared to ranged.

Considering all melee had to do in Legion was interrupt, I am sure any mechanics for melee to deal with will be noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by jarvii View Post
    Considering all melee had to do in Legion was interrupt, I am sure any mechanics for melee to deal with will be noticed.
    Yeah, after watching last MDI where teams often ran double ww monk, or monk + dh or monk + sub rogue and token ranged boomie / lock mostly to bait shit out of melee and doing way less dps that these melees, I can't really agree we had a "ranged focused" expansion in dungeons. Previous MDI monks weren't as good, but instead teams were taking arms warriors. I don't think I've seen a triple range comp, but I've seen triple melee comps. 1 range + 2 melee or 2 range + 1 melee existed too. But for example 1 team got completely wrecked in court of stars due to their setup (mage, lock and 1 melee, think it was rogue?) when the other team ran double melee and steamrolled their way to the win.

And yes, if OP compared stuff to a bm hunter, ofc bm hunter is easier life, it's designed to be so, it's an easy spec but it has its flaws, for example most of your aoe is tied to your pet, and your cooldowns while frequent, are not very strong. Frequent and not powerful cooldowns add to ease of the spec because it's harder to mistime them and less punishing if you waste it. But the downside is it can't match the burst of majority of other classes.

I loved playing my Demon Hunter both in Mythic+ and Raid in Legion, it was like the holidays, having nothing to do other than tunnel mobs and eventually interrupt from time to time

With the exception of nighthold, ranged always has it easier. This is not a new thing. It's always been like this.