Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanouske2 View Post
    Ide argue nothing is more boring that spamming rejuvenation for a 15 minute fight.
    The thing is, there's much more going on than that and Druid has some very nice mechanics and / or skills that need to be planned carefully (Flourish for example). As Shaman... I mean Legion gameplay was boring but the BfA version is a new low (for me).
    - Battle for Azeroth is the Michael Bay of WoW expansions -

  2. #22
    I think druid has some nuances in a raid settings (knowing when to use your CD, damage patterns ecc), in mythic+ it's much more fun than resto shaman ATM, in fact I'm questioning whether I should main a shammy or not.
    pane, nutella e demon hunter

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by caranthir nine View Post
    I think druid has some nuances in a raid settings (knowing when to use your CD, damage patterns ecc), in mythic+ it's much more fun than resto shaman ATM, in fact I'm questioning whether I should main a shammy or not.
    I think that's a generic statement that applies to all classes. When to use SLT, HTT, cloudburst (just slightly buffed).

    Ide also be interested in what you find fun. I have no investment in what you ultimately decide to main but as a newer shaman player I feel like I have more buttons that impact a dungeon that aren't heals than any other class. Controlling the battle for me has an incredibly satisfying feeling (earth grab and earthbound on neurotic, capacitor totem, termor totem, hex, purge, wind shear to name a few)

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by caranthir nine View Post
    I think druid has some nuances in a raid settings (knowing when to use your CD, damage patterns ecc), in mythic+ it's much more fun than resto shaman ATM, in fact I'm questioning whether I should main a shammy or not.
    I planned to main Resto but I can't stand it. Switched to Holy Priest. It might boil down to Flash Heal spam but at least there's a lot more dynamic to it.
    - Battle for Azeroth is the Michael Bay of WoW expansions -

  5. #25
    What is more dynamic about spamming flash heal, as you put it yourself?

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by DeusX View Post
    What is more dynamic about spamming flash heal, as you put it yourself?
    The interaction with your other talents. And you don't just spam Flash Heal. The addition of Holy Words makes it alone more interesting than Resto healing imho.
    - Battle for Azeroth is the Michael Bay of WoW expansions -

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The interaction with your other talents. And you don't just spam Flash Heal. The addition of Holy Words makes it alone more interesting than Resto healing imho.
    I hate these tit for tat comparisons but Resto has Tidal Waves which creates a nice flow to the healing.

    In the end it's all personal preference. Play what you want. I'm not sure though why you felt the need to come into a thread about Resto Shammies though if you "can't stand them".

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    I hate these tit for tat comparisons but Resto has Tidal Waves which creates a nice flow to the healing.

    In the end it's all personal preference. Play what you want. I'm not sure though why you felt the need to come into a thread about Resto Shammies though if you "can't stand them".
    I am in this thread because I mained Resto Shaman and planned to do so in BfA again. Then I came to the incredibly boring gameplay and decided not to. I was in this thread even before that discussion came up so I don't even see your point. It always boiled down to my opinion and my experience, that's why I said imho.
    - Battle for Azeroth is the Michael Bay of WoW expansions -

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I am in this thread because I mained Resto Shaman and planned to do so in BfA again. Then I came to the incredibly boring gameplay and decided not to. I was in this thread even before that discussion came up so I don't even see your point. It always boiled down to my opinion and my experience, that's why I said imho.
    I'd hope you had a reason to be in this thread at the beginning.

    My point was why did you feel the need to tell the world that you can't stand playing a Resto Shaman now in a thread for Resto Shaman heading into BFA. It's a bit narcissistic. But whatevs.

  10. #30
    In legion we could talent into "Crashing Waves", granting us two stacks of tidal waves when casting riptide or chain heal.
    It was removed in BFA, and instead we can talent into "Flash Flood", granting us 20% reduced cast time each time we *consume* tidal waves.

    This changes a bit the playstyle with regards to tidal waves interaction. We could end up being more starved for tidal waves stacks, and have to track them and manage them more carefully.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    I'd hope you had a reason to be in this thread at the beginning.

    My point was why did you feel the need to tell the world that you can't stand playing a Resto Shaman now in a thread for Resto Shaman heading into BFA. It's a bit narcissistic. But whatevs.
    This is a thread about resto shaman healing, he mained resto shaman so there's plenty of reasons to comment here even thought he doesn't like resto shaman right now.
    We are in a public forum after all, I don't get your comment about narcissism.
    pane, nutella e demon hunter

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Koor View Post
    In legion we could talent into "Crashing Waves", granting us two stacks of tidal waves when casting riptide or chain heal.
    It was removed in BFA, and instead we can talent into "Flash Flood", granting us 20% reduced cast time each time we *consume* tidal waves.

    This changes a bit the playstyle with regards to tidal waves interaction. We could end up being more starved for tidal waves stacks, and have to track them and manage them more carefully.
    I don't see it that way, Crashing Waves was picked mostly for M+ and even then it was competing with AG, so it was a really fringe pick. The go-to talent for doble Tidal wave was always Echo imo, it adds a shitload of mobility as well with the double riptide. Shame they took the 10% reset chance.
    BTW, you should be tracking TW anyway, I made a WA for that.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomelus View Post
    I don't see it that way, Crashing Waves was picked mostly for M+ and even then it was competing with AG, so it was a really fringe pick. The go-to talent for doble Tidal wave was always Echo imo, it adds a shitload of mobility as well with the double riptide. Shame they took the 10% reset chance.
    BTW, you should be tracking TW anyway, I made a WA for that.
    i took a break from shaman in legion but I have played resto since wrath. I've been working with the spec and doing some experiments. We didn't have a lot of resources back in the day but this forum and a crap veins post are all that are around anymore. I''m glad people understand the random/chaotic nature of healing but really your just a hps machine that runs the bleeding edge of mana with tons of planning. Anyway echo is pretty meh. It's a mana management talent that let's you have a small flexibility to when you can riptide. I'm used to raids where there is never enough healing because the damage is so rediculous in progression. Unless your playing helter skelter or super spread I think deluge will be the way to go. The way talents are set up you either run a chain heal build or you don't. Earth shield is a good backup when you are everything is spread out as the heal efficieny/cast cost is rediculous. The only time i would consider echo is if your running a 30s fight. Meaning damage comes in waves of 30s and let's you heal up after.

    On the same note i would take earthen wall over vigor simply for the fact that it shows up on meters. AV is good when your consistently letting the bonus drop right after taking damage due to the nature of health buffs. You don't need the survivability damage is so low compared to health pools if they drop in under 3s kick them.

    Finally the last rung sucks for choices. You can't really compare ascendance to the other 2 because of the bs utility it has with damage spike patterns. Except once again none of that matters with health pools. So only in mythic raids will be it actually be useful because that's when all the multipliers kick in and you have enough high spikes to need additional cooldowns. Sadly though wellspring shoots itself in foot due to the level 90 rung. In order for flash flood to be worth it you need high tide. Chain heal and riptide are your only tidal wave generators so it's worthless if your not casting chain heal and it's worthless to cast chain heal without high tide. So the only time you with use wellspring is with downpour (CBT at later tiers but not in the mana starved first one). That's a weird way to heal. It requires medium damage AE spikes and a lot of single target topping. Good for our weakness in helter skelter. Which means you wouldn't want chain heal to begin with which changes your lower level talents.

    Anyway my point is that you don't need to track tidal waves you just need to know your spell combos. You only get one charge so when you cast a riptide or a chain heal you should already know who you are going to heal next with a HW unless your are in spam mode. Get into your head healing combo orders like a dps class. Damage in a fight is 100% predictable, even rng. Even your derps are pretty predictable and you should be working with your team not to make healing assignments but healing tendacies. I made a name for myself back in 20/25 mans by taking the fill role in assignments. I had talents/glyphs i changed around constantly and have solo healed through entire 10 man mythic fights when someone dced.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    i took a break from shaman in legion but I have played resto since wrath. I've been working with the spec and doing some experiments. We didn't have a lot of resources back in the day but this forum and a crap veins post are all that are around anymore. I''m glad people understand the random/chaotic nature of healing but really your just a hps machine that runs the bleeding edge of mana with tons of planning. Anyway echo is pretty meh. It's a mana management talent that let's you have a small flexibility to when you can riptide. I'm used to raids where there is never enough healing because the damage is so rediculous in progression. Unless your playing helter skelter or super spread I think deluge will be the way to go. The way talents are set up you either run a chain heal build or you don't. Earth shield is a good backup when you are everything is spread out as the heal efficieny/cast cost is rediculous. The only time i would consider echo is if your running a 30s fight. Meaning damage comes in waves of 30s and let's you heal up after.

    On the same note i would take earthen wall over vigor simply for the fact that it shows up on meters. AV is good when your consistently letting the bonus drop right after taking damage due to the nature of health buffs. You don't need the survivability damage is so low compared to health pools if they drop in under 3s kick them.

    Finally the last rung sucks for choices. You can't really compare ascendance to the other 2 because of the bs utility it has with damage spike patterns. Except once again none of that matters with health pools. So only in mythic raids will be it actually be useful because that's when all the multipliers kick in and you have enough high spikes to need additional cooldowns. Sadly though wellspring shoots itself in foot due to the level 90 rung. In order for flash flood to be worth it you need high tide. Chain heal and riptide are your only tidal wave generators so it's worthless if your not casting chain heal and it's worthless to cast chain heal without high tide. So the only time you with use wellspring is with downpour (CBT at later tiers but not in the mana starved first one). That's a weird way to heal. It requires medium damage AE spikes and a lot of single target topping. Good for our weakness in helter skelter. Which means you wouldn't want chain heal to begin with which changes your lower level talents.

    Anyway my point is that you don't need to track tidal waves you just need to know your spell combos. You only get one charge so when you cast a riptide or a chain heal you should already know who you are going to heal next with a HW unless your are in spam mode. Get into your head healing combo orders like a dps class. Damage in a fight is 100% predictable, even rng. Even your derps are pretty predictable and you should be working with your team not to make healing assignments but healing tendacies. I made a name for myself back in 20/25 mans by taking the fill role in assignments. I had talents/glyphs i changed around constantly and have solo healed through entire 10 man mythic fights when someone dced.
    Echo imo adds a lot of flexibility to the shaman kit, I could agree with you about not being a 100% pick in Legion because it was on the same row as CBT. But now is competing with Earth Shield (spot/tank healing) and Deluge. And let's be honest, unless it's a stacked fight like Varimathras, you won't get a good use out of it, and even then. AFAIK there are little to no stacked fights in Uldir, and now that it shares the row with Echo, you have half the Riptides to make Deluge work.

    The row with EWT / AV / APT are all competitive, which is nice. Until we get to a raid mechanic that can be cheesed with APT, so... yeah, there's that. I don't like AV for M+ though.

    Interestingly enough, CBT is now considered the "mana save" talent of the row, because of the free healing. There's no more wombo combo with AG, and (may be speaking out of memory) there are no damage spikes patterns in Uldir, which makes burst healing (and therefore Ascendance) the weakest choice for raiding. High Tide and Wellspring are actually performing well atm. Ascendance is still king for M+.

    I think is always good to track important buffs that may alter the way you play, healers don't have "rotations" like dps do. More like a priority check given any moment at the fight.

    I do agree that CH feels lackluster withouth High Tide, but in Antorus the go-to style was pumping those fat CBTs with AG and Ascendance, spaming CH and HS. I know, a mana devourer, but it was just the way to play last tier. I'm not sure about the other healers, but at least with rshaman you get to use the whole kit, every spell has a place, I really like that about the spec.

  15. #35
    Actually I'm pleasantly surprised with Resto. After playing MW to 118 and finding it not very exciting either I chose to level my Shaman. I really like Resto this time. And hey, Wellspring is finally an amazing talent! I frequently use it in dungeons and it's amazing.
    - Battle for Azeroth is the Michael Bay of WoW expansions -

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •