View Poll Results: When will San'layn become playable?

Voters
416. You may not vote on this poll
  • During BFA

    83 19.95%
  • After BFA

    25 6.01%
  • Never

    308 74.04%
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    That is factually wrong. It would mean that every undead Blood Elf is a San'layn which is not true at all. San'layn are Lich King creature, vampiric mutated beasts. Their Queen has a wings for a reason and for the same reason their ears are different. They have been reshaped by the unholy powers. Hell, even that shitty wowpedia articles states 'San'layn mostly retain the builds of their still-living kin. They are 5–6 feet tall with slim, athletic and strong bodies, and have fairly long hair and minimal facial hair.

    However, unlike blood elves, their flesh appears necrotic and, though universally pale, ranges from fleshy pinks and red to gray and light green, and they tend to have either white, blond, red or dark hair. Their eyes have white, yellow, green, blue or black glows. Some San'layn have clawed fingers and ears more closely resembling those of a bat, and a few have developed wings.'

    yes but I think poer fantasy of a vamp is to have smaller body and greater strength. Vrykuls are already heavy weight champs. And there just isn't enough lore to them.
    What exactly did I say that was factually wrong? I said they were undead, VAMPYR blood elves. Nowehre in the lore does it say or describe them being "mutated beasts" or that they've been "reshaped by unholy power."

    Their vampyrism or undeath can explain the different eye color, just look at Sylvanas, Death Knights, Nathanos, etc... to show that undeath bestows a different eye color. They're UNDEAD, so that also explains why their flesh would appear pale, necrotic....and y'know...undead? The different ear shapes could be explained by the fact that they're undead and that over time their ears have fallen apart or become misshapen. you've already conceded that they still retain the shape of their still living kin as stated in the WoWpedia article. Clawed fingers could be just long, sharpened finger nails...who knows?

    My point is that there is more lore connecting San'layn directly to Blood Elf physiology than anything you're going on about regarding how they'll look like bats, with monstrous visages and whatnot. Sure it's possible that magic could transform them, just like Shaman and Druids can shape shift and Demon hunters have altered physiology. However, nothin yet in lore STATES that is what happens with San'layn. In game models cannot be considered lore when we consider that Sylvanas in game model for years was just a Night Elf, Gallywix was a normal sized Goblin, etc...

    Also, there's more lore for Vrykuls than for San'layn, or are you specifically referring to Vrkul vampyrs?
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are Stupid

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    it's an official image of blizzard
    That's silly. Probably hearthstone
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    they are mutated into undead, blood elves undeads with a curse, nothing more nothing lees



    LMAO, needing to go for personal attack to defend your poor justificative, the one saying other people are "mental" and have autism" the guy wanting more elves and saying a lot of absurds, nonsense and headcnaon to support their bullshit, niceone, i genuinely laugh here congratulations, i didn't seen those pearls since the HE threads

    yet, they just have point ears, AKa elf ears, everything else is you reaching, i blizzard can give then bat years its another history



    you don't even make sense


    again,you say others have autism but here you are go against established official lore YAHO


    deathlord its just a fictional character, and assume a leadership of a class hall by the time of the legion invasion, again, he didn't warm the horde or the alliance, the factions are almost absent in the expansion, again, stop saying nonsense and stretching things trying to fit your narrative



    you don't know what horde is, you have no clue about how it work, thus you are not in place to say something about or what races should join

    - - - Updated - - -



    exactly this, funny how he ditch all other options like natherzin ( the original wow vampires) and the vrykul ones

    it must be elf LUL
    Big humans

    Don't you know that unholy powers mutate? They have clearly received characteristics of a bat considering ears and their queen wings.

    There was a need for personal attack, you are delusional.

    Deathlord did harm them if he went against their paladins who united under the banner of Silver Hand.

    my little pony my lttle pony

    Nathrezim don't exactly drink blood, they are psychic vampires. Different kind of vamps. And as I have said, they would make fine Alliance addition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Then let's try be original and stick to the original vampire, yes?

    VRYKUL!

    There is no lore to them. San'layn are twice as badass because of their Lich King connection and morality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    What exactly did I say that was factually wrong? I said they were undead, VAMPYR blood elves. Nowehre in the lore does it say or describe them being "mutated beasts" or that they've been "reshaped by unholy power."

    Their vampyrism or undeath can explain the different eye color, just look at Sylvanas, Death Knights, Nathanos, etc... to show that undeath bestows a different eye color. They're UNDEAD, so that also explains why their flesh would appear pale, necrotic....and y'know...undead? The different ear shapes could be explained by the fact that they're undead and that over time their ears have fallen apart or become misshapen. you've already conceded that they still retain the shape of their still living kin as stated in the WoWpedia article. Clawed fingers could be just long, sharpened finger nails...who knows?

    My point is that there is more lore connecting San'layn directly to Blood Elf physiology than anything you're going on about regarding how they'll look like bats, with monstrous visages and whatnot. Sure it's possible that magic could transform them, just like Shaman and Druids can shape shift and Demon hunters have altered physiology. However, nothin yet in lore STATES that is what happens with San'layn. In game models cannot be considered lore when we consider that Sylvanas in game model for years was just a Night Elf, Gallywix was a normal sized Goblin, etc...

    Also, there's more lore for Vrykuls than for San'layn, or are you specifically referring to Vrkul vampyrs?
    You have used wikipedia in your argument as ana bsolute statement that they are just physiologically blood elves. The same article speaks against it. They have mutated and gained bat like ears and wings in case of their queen. Their skin became greyish, undead like but bat like in case of their queen. Sure they are undead but it is clear that Lich King powers granted them other blessings. There is no need for lore description if we can observe it. Blizzard wouldn't bother with need model for ears if they wanted just to show undead elf. They have shaped them into that of bat. Are you that other guy brother or what? Denial is strong here. Blizzard on purpose made vamps look like bats, is it surprising to you, world shattering revelation? No, it is a common thing in fantasy and here we are and here they are. In fact their early concept art presented them as far more classic vamp, nosferatu to be precise. https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.ne...ratu-large.jpg specifically shaped bat like ears here too.

    Vrykul vamp lore.
    Please don't kill me Mommy, ok Mommy? I love you!

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    That's silly. Probably hearthstone

    Big humans

    Don't you know that unholy powers mutate? They have clearly received characteristics of a bat considering ears and their queen wings.

    There was a need for personal attack, you are delusional.

    Deathlord did harm them if he went against their paladins who united under the banner of Silver Hand.

    my little pony my lttle pony

    Nathrezim don't exactly drink blood, they are psychic vampires. Different kind of vamps. And as I have said, they would make fine Alliance addition.

    There is no lore to them. San'layn are twice as badass because of their Lich King connection and morality.

    You have used wikipedia in your argument as ana bsolute statement that they are just physiologically blood elves. The same article speaks against it. They have mutated and gained bat like ears and wings in case of their queen. Their skin became greyish, undead like but bat like in case of their queen. Sure they are undead but it is clear that Lich King powers granted them other blessings. There is no need for lore description if we can observe it. Blizzard wouldn't bother with need model for ears if they wanted just to show undead elf. They have shaped them into that of bat. Are you that other guy brother or what? Denial is strong here. Blizzard on purpose made vamps look like bats, is it surprising to you, world shattering revelation? No, it is a common thing in fantasy and here we are and here they are. In fact their early concept art presented them as far more classic vamp, nosferatu to be precise. https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.ne...ratu-large.jpg specifically shaped bat like ears here too.

    Vrykul vamp lore.
    I'm not debating whether vampire lore in general has them associated with bats, that's pretty common knowledge. I'm trying to find out what warcraft lore establishes them as being "bat like" as you suggest. In game visuals, as I said, really can't be used to justify a lore stance because of the way Blizzard has used assets in the past that don't reflect their lore at all so using what you see in game to justify your stance isn't conclusive evidence of anything aside from that's how they look in game because that's just how Blizzard designed them in-game.

    I'm not saying it's not possible, it is, I'm just looking for something more concrete that solidifies what you're claiming as more than just head canon based on in-game visuals.

    Also, to directly answer the poll. Unless the San'layn break ties with the Scourge and Lich King, they will never be an Allied race. Even if they do, I highly doubt they'll be welcomed into either faction given their history. Unlike some of the other minions of the Lich King who were directly controlled or bent to his will, like Death Knights, the San'layn seem to have completely free will and therefore serve the Scourge willingly, and happily if their in-game behavior is to be believed. And as other have said the horde is not the "evil" faction that's willing to accept people who sacrifice others for power...or are you forgetting Garrosh and how the Horde deposed him because of similar actions? The Horde may be the more savage and aggressive faction, but that doesn't make them "evil" any more than being a little more civilized and disciplined like the Alliance makes them "good." Both factions have done both honorable and horrible things.
    Last edited by Katchii; 2018-07-12 at 04:54 PM.
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are Stupid

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I'm not debating whether vampire lore in general has them associated with bats, that's pretty common knowledge. I'm trying to find out what warcraft lore establishes them as being "bat like" as you suggest. In game visuals, as I said, really can't be used to justify a lore stance because of the way Blizzard has used assets in the past that don't reflect their lore at all so using what you see in game to justify your stance isn't conclusive evidence of anything aside from that's how they look in game because that's just how Blizzard designed them in-game.

    I'm not saying it's not possible, it is, I'm just looking for something more concrete that solidifies what you're claiming as more than just head canon based on in-game visuals.
    The very article you have brought up mentions it. Their ears and bat like wings reinforce it too. Game lore of that period and specifically about their features is non existant. We know they are vamps who hunger after blood and visuals also tell a story, add to it. Most definitely these kind of visuals can be used to justify lore. Blizzard would not make them look like this for no reason. It is conclusive and absolute.

    Give me example of unique model that did not reflect lore.
    Please don't kill me Mommy, ok Mommy? I love you!

  5. #165
    Legendary! Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Warsong Gulch
    Posts
    6,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Big humans
    say 100 more times, maybe will be true (spoiler: will not)

    Don't you know that unholy powers mutate? They have clearly received characteristics of a bat considering ears and their queen wings.
    this is not a mutation, its a disease

    and again, they didn't "clearly" received bat characteristics, this is you sheathing, they are undead elves, they look dead, and rotting

    There was a need for personal attack, you are delusional.
    HAHAHA the hyprocrisy is gold, good thing i didn't leave this thread yet

    Deathlord did harm them if he went against their paladins who united under the banner of Silver Hand.
    another Neutral faction, not the factions, try harder

    my little pony my lttle pony


    Nathrezim don't exactly drink blood, they are psychic vampires. Different kind of vamps. And as I have said, they would make fine Alliance addition.
    they are the original wow vampires, and no they would not be fine in alliance, you should stop saying nonse, causse you still are showing to be a totally ignorant about wow lore, especially about factions

    There is no lore to them. San'layn are twice as badass because of their Lich King connection and morality.
    >implying vrykuls do not have connection with the LK

    "baddas elves morally bad XDDDD i am the bad guy XD and pretty *-* don't touch me, i bite *¬* XD"

    this is the elf vampire fandom in a nutshell, the lv of edgyiness can cut a diamond

    No, it is a common thing in fantasy and here we are and here they are. In fact their early concept art presented them as far more classic vamp, nosferatu to be precise
    hey, do you know nosferatu was a human? so no elves sorry

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    That's silly. Probably hearthstone

    Big humans

    Don't you know that unholy powers mutate? They have clearly received characteristics of a bat considering ears and their queen wings.

    There was a need for personal attack, you are delusional.

    Deathlord did harm them if he went against their paladins who united under the banner of Silver Hand.

    my little pony my lttle pony

    Nathrezim don't exactly drink blood, they are psychic vampires. Different kind of vamps. And as I have said, they would make fine Alliance addition.

    There is no lore to them. San'layn are twice as badass because of their Lich King connection and morality.

    You have used wikipedia in your argument as ana bsolute statement that they are just physiologically blood elves. The same article speaks against it. They have mutated and gained bat like ears and wings in case of their queen. Their skin became greyish, undead like but bat like in case of their queen. Sure they are undead but it is clear that Lich King powers granted them other blessings. There is no need for lore description if we can observe it. Blizzard wouldn't bother with need model for ears if they wanted just to show undead elf. They have shaped them into that of bat. Are you that other guy brother or what? Denial is strong here. Blizzard on purpose made vamps look like bats, is it surprising to you, world shattering revelation? No, it is a common thing in fantasy and here we are and here they are. In fact their early concept art presented them as far more classic vamp, nosferatu to be precise. https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.ne...ratu-large.jpg specifically shaped bat like ears here too.

    Vrykul vamp lore.
    you want vampires, we do not want elves.

    we tell you that the vrykul are the original vampyr. but you do not want them.

    you want elves! you do not want vampires! it is the only conclusion

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    say 100 more times, maybe will be true (spoiler: will not)



    this is not a mutation, its a disease

    and again, they didn't "clearly" received bat characteristics, this is you sheathing, they are undead elves, they look dead, and rotting



    HAHAHA the hyprocrisy is gold, good thing i didn't leave this thread yet



    another Neutral faction, not the factions, try harder







    they are the original wow vampires, and no they would not be fine in alliance, you should stop saying nonse, causse you still are showing to be a totally ignorant about wow lore, especially about factions



    >implying vrykuls do not have connection with the LK

    "baddas elves morally bad XDDDD i am the bad guy XD and pretty *-* don't touch me, i bite *¬* XD"

    this is the elf vampire fandom in a nutshell, the lv of edgyiness can cut a diamond



    hey, do you know nosferatu was a human? so no elves sorry
    It is not a disease, it is magic. And if it was disease then do you know what we call permanent physical changes caused by it? Mutations. They did. Ears and wings, it is clear as day. Just not to you, for obvious reasons.

    It is not a hypocrisy, it is called being mean. I do not regret calling you any of those names.

    So what if they are the original vampires? This thread is about blood drinking ones, classic ones. Good one.

    Have I implied it? Problems with reasoning 101. There is no LK vrykul vampire lore but there are San'layn'. Think before posting.

    yes, sure, if they look pretty to you then I'm afraid for your breeding prospects. Or rather of humanity's gene pool.

    What does it have to do with anything? Blizzard wanted to create elf nosferatu, so what? Are you going to forbid them it? Get real.
    Please don't kill me Mommy, ok Mommy? I love you!

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    The very article you have brought up mentions it. Their ears and bat like wings reinforce it too. Game lore of that period and specifically about their features is non existant. We know they are vamps who hunger after blood and visuals also tell a story, add to it. Most definitely these kind of visuals can be used to justify lore. Blizzard would not make them look like this for no reason. It is conclusive and absolute.

    Give me example of unique model that did not reflect lore.
    Sylvanas old in-game model shows her as a high elf, Gallywix model until recently portrayed him as a normal looking Goblin, Khadgar's old model looked entirely different than his current model (not really lore related, just illustrating that in-game appearances can change drastically).

    So no, in-game appearance is not conclusive OR absolute. However I will concede that the article I linked discusses their appearance. I hadn't read the entire page and missed that part. When you said that earlier I didn't realize you were quoting that specific page, my bad.

    So I'll accept that it's plausible, at least, for the ears and wings part (can't really argue whether the wings are there or not..would be hard for blizzard to back track or change that when it's so obvious), but not monstrous bat like visages and the other visual changes you're suggesting besides what's already been established for undead.
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are Stupid

  9. #169
    The Patient bloodstripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Oklahoma, it sucks.
    Posts
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    During BFA, after BFA or never? What is your opinion on this? I would like them. Flyable wings as racial would be so sweet!
    Does WoW really need more elves as a playable race? Let me answer for you: "No."

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    you want vampires, we do not want elves.

    we tell you that the vrykul are the original vampyr. but you do not want them.

    you want elves! you do not want vampires! it is the only conclusion
    I want San'layn.

    Who cares, maybe some squirrel is the original vampire, it wouldn't make me want a squirrel. San'layn look good, like proper horro vamps.

    Yes, such gold line of reasoning. I'm losing my faith in people while replying to three of you. To me their elvish origins are irrelevant. They are monsters now.
    Please don't kill me Mommy, ok Mommy? I love you!

  11. #171
    Elemental Lord Saverem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Old New New York
    Posts
    8,929
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Are void elves blood elf shadowpriests? Are dark irons dwarf fire mages? That line of logic must be the stupidest I ve ever seen here
    Dark Iron Dwarves are just one of 3 Dwarf tribes that split up. They are just Dwarves so that was a crap analogy.

    Void Elves are THE DUMBEST FUCKING RACE IN THE GAME. Blizz 100% made them for a cash grab because they knew people would be giving them that sweet cash shop money to play them. And yes, I would say they should have been a new Void class over a new race since they are infused with Void power. Other than having the void soaked gimmick, they are just plain old BELFs.

    The San'layn were a small elite group of BELFs that were chosen by TLK and turned into Vampire BELFs. Pretty much same exact premise as and mechanics as BELF Blood DKs. Only difference is your DK wasn't special unlike the San'layn were to him.

    Even Nobel agrees with me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiUtJaXyxio


    If you could make them, it would make ZERO sense to start at level 20 since pretty much all them were already extremely powerful.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Sylvanas old in-game model shows her as a high elf, Gallywix model until recently portrayed him as a normal looking Goblin, Khadgar's old model looked entirely different than his current model (not really lore related, just illustrating that in-game appearances can change drastically).

    So no, in-game appearance is not conclusive OR absolute. However I will concede that the article I linked discusses their appearance. I hadn't read the entire page and missed that part. When you said that earlier I didn't realize you were quoting that specific page, my bad.

    So I'll accept that it's plausible, at least, for the ears and wings part (can't really argue whether the wings are there or not..would be hard for blizzard to back track or change that when it's so obvious), but not monstrous bat like visages and the other visual changes you're suggesting besides what's already been established for undead.
    My question was clear; Give me example of UNIQUE MODEL that did not reflect lore. UNIQUE MODEL is important here.

    Different undead mutate differently. For San'layn they gain bat like characteristics. Considering we have not seen full face of Blood Prince we can imagine they can receive a nice facelift. In fact they would need to as their textures are from an expansion placed long in the past. If they were to be released they would get models worthy of BFA quality wise.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Dark Iron Dwarves are just one of 3 Dwarf tribes that split up. They are just Dwarves so that was a crap analogy.

    Void Elves are THE DUMBEST FUCKING RACE IN THE GAME. Blizz 100% made them for a cash grab because they knew people would be giving them that sweet cash shop money to play them. And yes, I would say they should have been a new Void class over a new race since they are infused with Void power. Other than having the void soaked gimmick, they are just plain old BELFs.

    The San'layn were a small elite group of BELFs that were chosen by TLK and turned into Vampire BELFs. Pretty much same exact premise as and mechanics as BELF Blood DKs. Only difference is your DK wasn't special unlike the San'layn were to him.

    Even Nobel agrees with me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiUtJaXyxio


    If you could make them, it would make ZERO sense to start at level 20 since pretty much all them were already extremely powerful.
    The same can be said about Nightborne, that they were extremely powerful. The same can be said about Void Elves and Lightforged.
    Please don't kill me Mommy, ok Mommy? I love you!

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    I want San'layn.

    Who cares, maybe some squirrel is the original vampire, it wouldn't make me want a squirrel. San'layn look good, like proper horro vamps.

    Yes, such gold line of reasoning. I'm losing my faith in people while replying to three of you. To me their elvish origins are irrelevant. They are monsters now.
    They started as elves though and still mostly retain their elven physical appearance with some pretty minor changes honestly. Look at Demon Hunters, they've had some pretty gnarly changes (horns, tattoos, demon skin, skin tone, etc...) but still CLEARLY look like Blood Elves and Night Elves.

    Based on what you yourself conceded to that magic and disease changes that are permanent are mutations, for one that's not what a "mutation" is biologically but i'll roll with it. Mutations would happen randomly across a population and therefore not all San'layn would look similar or have similar "mutations" so they'd still have to use the base Blood Elf model, just like a Demon Hunter, and apply relatively minor physical changes that distinguishes them.
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are Stupid

  14. #174
    Legendary! Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Warsong Gulch
    Posts
    6,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    It is not a disease, it is magic. And if it was disease then do you know what we call permanent physical changes caused by it? Mutations. They did. Ears and wings, it is clear as day. Just not to you, for obvious reasons.
    dear god you are rly reaching, vampires in wow are just undeads who drink blood, vampire curse can afflict anyone, and no one show none of those "mutations" despite of the queen, who is not something to take as rule, since they are special undeads like Lich; the general and allof ther vampires are "normal"

    people are all right, you want an edgy elf not a vampire
    It is not a hypocrisy, it is called being mean. I do not regret calling you any of those names.
    you are so mean! thats why you want a mean race edgy af

    So what if they are the original vampires? This thread is about blood drinking ones, classic ones. Good one.
    then call for HUMAN vampires, you know, the classic and good ones, elf vampires are not classic and definitely not good ones

    What does it have to do with anything? Blizzard wanted to create elf nosferatu, so what? Are you going to forbid them it? Get real.
    yeah they sure did, thats why they still look like undead elf, blablabla

  15. #175
    Elemental Lord Saverem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Old New New York
    Posts
    8,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    The same can be said about Nightborne, that they were extremely powerful. The same can be said about Void Elves and Lightforged.
    Maybe I can give you Lightforged since they were forced to fight Demons on Argus for like 1000 years, but Nightbornes, most of them were just normal citizens.

    Void elves are just a meme race. I don't take them seriously just like how I won't take the San'layn seriously if by some miracle they do make them a playable race.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    They started as elves though and still mostly retain their elven physical appearance with some pretty minor changes honestly. Look at Demon Hunters, they've had some pretty gnarly changes (horns, tattoos, demon skin, skin tone, etc...) but still CLEARLY look like Blood Elves and Night Elves.

    Based on what you yourself conceded to that magic and disease changes that are permanent are mutations, for one that's not what a "mutation" is biologically but i'll roll with it. Mutations would happen randomly across a population and therefore not all San'layn would look similar or have similar "mutations" so they'd still have to use the base Blood Elf model, just like a Demon Hunter, and apply relatively minor physical changes that distinguishes them.
    Yes, they do. Of course their shape will remain similar but faces can be much different.

    It biologically a mutation. That would be true if it wasn't qa designed mutation, prepared for them by LK which it obviously was as their popularion share similar characteristics. Gene altering juice. Yes, and that is enough. Give them option for bat like faces, some more normal faces and we are done. If someone don't want more elves, cool for them, I don't mind more elves.
    Please don't kill me Mommy, ok Mommy? I love you!

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    My question was clear; Give me example of UNIQUE MODEL that did not reflect lore. UNIQUE MODEL is important here.

    Different undead mutate differently. For San'layn they gain bat like characteristics. Considering we have not seen full face of Blood Prince we can imagine they can receive a nice facelift. In fact they would need to as their textures are from an expansion placed long in the past. If they were to be released they would get models worthy of BFA quality wise.

    - - - Updated - - -


    The same can be said about Nightborne, that they were extremely powerful. The same can be said about Void Elves and Lightforged.
    Why does unique matter? My point is that in-game visuals can sometimes not reflect lore. You asking for a unique model doesn't change the fact that in-game visuals don't always reflect the lore. I personally don't find the ears to look any more bat like than Night Elf ears, so saying that specific visual is conclusive evidence is pretty soft given that it's a subjective thing.

    Regardless this is obviously a pointless argument. I won't lie and say the aesthetic and visuals of a vampire race wouldn't be appealing, but the ones you're trying to sell would just be re-skinned elves which we already have plenty of.
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are Stupid

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    dear god you are rly reaching, vampires in wow are just undeads who drink blood, vampire curse can afflict anyone, and no one show none of those "mutations" despite of the queen, who is not something to take as rule, since they are special undeads like Lich; the general and allof ther vampires are "normal"

    people are all right, you want an edgy elf not a vampire


    you are so mean! thats why you want a mean race edgy af



    then call for HUMAN vampires, you know, the classic and good ones, elf vampires are not classic and definitely not good ones



    yeah they sure did, thats why they still look like undead elf, blablabla
    No matter how hard I try my reach won't reach yours. yes, they are undeads. We don't know what kind of branch of vampire curse San'layn have. In fantasy vampires can come from different sources. Those are clearly LK made so I assume the strongest breed. Blood Princes show bat ears and claws. The only normal ones are BK modelled ones that just look like regular dk, nobody asks for them to be included, those are basically dk colored guys. I'm talking about Blood Prince specifically.

    I'm far too kind in being mean. I don't kno what do you mean by edgy at this point. Every villain must be edgy to you.

    they are classic in WoW sense. When I think about vamps I think of San'layn and that is who people want, not some humans we don't know very much about.

    undead elf can be a nosferatu, vampires are undead after all

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Maybe I can give you Lightforged since they were forced to fight Demons on Argus for like 1000 years, but Nightbornes, most of them were just normal citizens.

    Void elves are just a meme race. I don't take them seriously just like how I won't take the San'layn seriously if by some miracle they do make them a playable race.
    Nightborne practised magic for 10k years. I think they are far above average and ordinary. Best arcane tutors and what not.

    Meme or not they are quite empowered.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Why does unique matter? My point is that in-game visuals can sometimes not reflect lore. You asking for a unique model doesn't change the fact that in-game visuals don't always reflect the lore. I personally don't find the ears to look any more bat like than Night Elf ears, so saying that specific visual is conclusive evidence is pretty soft given that it's a subjective thing.

    Regardless this is obviously a pointless argument. I won't lie and say the aesthetic and visuals of a vampire race wouldn't be appealing, but the ones you're trying to sell would just be re-skinned elves which we already have plenty of.
    Because unique models were specifically tailored for someone. And considering official Blizzard art depicts them the same way as in the game I have no doubt that is their canon appearance. In this case it does. Compare them to night elf ears, completely different. Their ears are more like this https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20140521153559

    Remodeled elves, but yes, elves by origins most definitely.
    Please don't kill me Mommy, ok Mommy? I love you!

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Because unique models were specifically tailored for someone. And considering official Blizzard art depicts them the same way as in the game I have no doubt that is their canon appearance. In this case it does. Compare them to night elf ears, completely different. Their ears are more like this https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20140521153559

    Remodeled elves, but yes, elves by origins most definitely.
    As I said that wasn't my point. My only point was that in-game visuals don't always reflect the lore. I don't find the San'layn models to be particularly unique in comparison to other elven NPCs, aside from them being obviously updated to look like undead and don't find their ears to be anymore bat like than Night Elves ears. therefore, I don't see them as anymore monstrous than a Demon Hunter or even Death Knight and there's really nothing in-game that supports that assertion.

    If you're convinced, fine, I'm not. But nothing you say here will convince me, it's going to have to come directly from WoW lore or Blizzard because at this point it just feels like a fanatic trying to sell a somewhat plausible conspiracy theory.
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are Stupid

  20. #180
    Legendary! Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Warsong Gulch
    Posts
    6,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    No matter how hard I try my reach won't reach yours
    rly? you saying a lot for nonsense show you each very high
    yes, they are undeads. We don't know what kind of branch of vampire curse San'layn have.
    thy have the same curse than any other vampire

    Those are clearly LK made so I assume the strongest breed.
    headcanon, he prob just take the vrykul vampires and did his own experiments, cause they are the original ones like blood-thane lucard (AKA alucard)
    The only normal ones are BK modelled ones that just look like regular dk, nobody asks for them to be included, those are basically dk colored guys. I'm talking about Blood Prince specifically.
    you will not have wings no matter how you talk you know that right? even f they become playable

    the normal blood-princes are like normal undead elves, just see in BfA the dude who sylvanas bring on, if they wish they could update him, but they didn't because it was not needed, and because they are not important anymore
    I'm far too kind in being mean. I don't kno what do you mean by edgy at this point. Every villain must be edgy to you.
    ROFL
    they are classic in WoW sense. When I think about vamps I think of San'layn and that is who people want, not some humans we don't know very much about.
    the classic in wow sense are the natherzin who existed since warcraft 3, in both ways you are wrong, and just want another elf

    undead elf can be a nosferatu, vampires are undead after all
    you know what can be a nosfetaru for real? human vampiress

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •