Poll: When will San'layn become playable?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Yes, they could be dead, they could be having a blood party, they could be sleeping, but in reality, we can just say that they are MIA (because of that, they can be used in any time, be it their corpse or just them to add a new punching bag, i mean... a new interesting and non-cliche dark character)

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think the Nerubians retain their will, i mean... look at Anubarak, he was cursing Arthas behind his back every time he could, but he couldn't do anything. (I mean... his action even got him the title "the traitor king", when he didn't even really betrayed his people cause he wanted)

Also Sylvanas never retained her will while being under the Scourge (that was the whole deal), she remained conscious though, but because Arthas enjoyed seeing Sylvanas being unable to do anything and forcing her to do things against her will.
    What I mean by will is that those under the power of ex LK Arthas are not entirely mindless, no rational thought, does not have their own preference nor have any trace of choice. They got new LK now maybe he's not strict as compared to the later guy.

Sylvanas has her own will but was only able to exercise it when eLK's power weakened and his entire control of those undead.

The vampyr race if implemented can use the withered existing legion model as their beast/batform visage. NE or elves have batlike similarities think banshee or male equivalent. They too have cast and attack animation and can hold weapon.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_i933nMLZKI

A likely subject for vam'pyr strain and sub group would be:
    Blood Elves loyal to Kael'thas
    Nightfallen of Azsuna and Suramas as well as withered
    Existing San'layn not yet risen or who are hiding.

- - - Updated - - -

The reason why the known San'layn attacked the Horde itself is for a social experiment reason. Don't you think Sylvanas wasn't aware of it nor she has not given approval nor the signal to do such?

They are trying to increase their population and most probably finding the perfect subjects for them to maximize their power as it seems Vam'pyr trait would be most compatible to a specific race.

They're nothing more but like Void Elves although they are turning others unwillingly but hey, aren't the worgens or the Forsaken not any different by those who were bitten? It wasn't their choice but it seems that the hand of fate chose them to be who are they now.

Apart from using Val'kyrs to raise those who have fallen and include them as a part of the Horde as Forsaken, if one choose to do so, the San'layn "infection" would be another way to bolster their numbers and ranks as some San'layn might experience regaining their free will when the old Lich King died and freed them from slavery or bondage to do his bidding.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-07-13 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    What I mean by will is that those under the power of ex LK Arthas are not entirely mindless, no rational thought, does not have their own preference nor have any trace of choice. They got new LK now maybe he's not strict as compared to the later guy.

Sylvanas has her own will but was only able to exercise it when eLK's power weakened and his entire control of those undead.

The vampyr race if implemented can use the withered existing legion model as their beast/batform visage. NE or elves have batlike similarities think banshee or male equivalent. They too have cast and attack animation and can hold weapon.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_i933nMLZKI

A likely subject for vam'pyr strain and sub group would be:
    Blood Elves loyal to Kael'thas
    Nightfallen of Azsuna and Suramas as well as withered
    Existing San'layn not yet risen or who are hiding.

- - - Updated - - -

The reason why the known San'layn attacked the Horde itself is for a social experiment reason. Don't you think Sylvanas wasn't aware of it nor she has not given approval nor the signal to do such?

They are trying to increase their population and most probably finding the perfect subjects for them to maximize their power as it seems Vam'pyr trait would be most compatible to a specific race.

They're nothing more but like Void Elves although they are turning others unwillingly but hey, aren't the worgens or the Forsaken not any different by those who were bitten? It wasn't their choice but it seems that the hand of fate chose them to be who are they now.

Apart from using Val'kyrs to raise those who have fallen and include them as a part of the Horde as Forsaken, if one choose to do so, the San'layn "infection" would be another way to bolster their numbers and ranks as some San'layn might experience regaining their free will when the old Lich King died and freed them from slavery or bondage to do his bidding.
    Precisely, they can be the greatest tool in Sylvanas arsenal. They don't need to outright kill to spread their venom. It works perfectly to infiltrate and turn whole villages one by one.

Withered look like a perfect Nosferatu look option and it would set those elves on a path that would at least shut some of their player opposition. They are not pretty, they are not meant to be cute. They are an answer to Worgen. I won't lie werewolf vs vampire trope is strong in me and I would love to see it realized.

oh god the edgelords are getting excited. ŁēŜţĂŦ is already taken sorry guys

Quote Originally Posted by TheRogue View Post
    oh god the edgelords are getting excited. ŁēŜţĂŦ is already taken sorry guys
    So it's alright to be obsessed with little furry cute-to-the-point-I-wanna-puke animals /cough *vulpera* but not cool looking vampires? How come there are no derogatory words to describe obsession with cuteness, yet wanting a vampire brands you edge lord? ??

Probably never. San'layn are bad people, and even the new Horde-aligned one seems to be...uh...pretty questionably aligned. If anything, I think BfA will spell the end of the San'layn.

That being said, who knows, maybe they will be a playable race. I seriously doubt it as we already have void elves, blood elves, night elves and nightborne, but you never know. It seems unlikely to me but I also thought it was unlikely that Blizzard would make demon hunters a playable class right after releasing another leather-wearing, mobility focused agility DPS class...so Blizzard will be Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Eredar ARE Draeneis.... you are mistaken them for Man'ari
    Yeah, sorry, Draeneri are "The exiled" Eredar. I meant the Man'ari (corrupted Eredar).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Probably never. San'layn are bad people, and even the new Horde-aligned one seems to be...uh...pretty questionably aligned. If anything, I think BfA will spell the end of the San'layn.

That being said, who knows, maybe they will be a playable race. I seriously doubt it as we already have void elves, blood elves, night elves and nightborne, but you never know. It seems unlikely to me but I also thought it was unlikely that Blizzard would make demon hunters a playable class right after releasing another leather-wearing, mobility focused agility DPS class...so Blizzard will be Blizzard.
    Technically they're not innately bad or evil not unless their motive indeed stem from evil intent or purpose.

Some might be controlled against their will and are only transformed as San'layn without their own volition or choice similar to how most Forsaken are brought to exisistence.

- If they do follow the vampire classic characteristics which is hunger for blood, it might be for survival purposes and there could possibly be certain individuals who have learn to control their bloodthirst and appetite for bloodbath by feeding on hapless victim or civilian and instead divert it on something else similar to how Shal'dorei resulted in drinking arcwine or Sin'dorei tapping into the Na'aru or some to fel energy.

-There are lot of niche skills that would be great on their racial one of which is a Worgen form equivalent. Another one would be similar to Forsaken's cannibalize the famous bloodsucking bite to the neck as on demand heal or probably force blood from a Target and condense it to blood globules.

I beg to differ and go the other direction. BfA could be their prologue to their story progression after the events post WotLK and Legion VH encounter.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-07-16 at 12:03 PM.

Technically they're not innately bad or evil not unless their motive indeed stem from evil intent or purpose.

Some might be controlled against their will and are only transformed as San'layn without their own volition or choice similar to how most Forsaken are brought to exisistence.

- If they do follow the vampire classic characteristics which is hunger for blood, it might be for survival purposes and there could possibly certain individuals who have learn to control their bloodthirst and appetite for bloodbath by feeding on hapless victim or civilian and divert it to somethinf else similar to how Shal'dorei resulted in drinking arcwine instead or Sin'dorei tapping into the Naaru or some to feel energy.

-There are lot of niche skills that would be great on their racial one of which is a Worgen form equivalent. Another one would be similar to Forsaken's cannibalize the famous bloodsucking bite to the neck as on demand heal or probably force blood from a Target and condense it to blood globules.

I beg to differ and go the other direction. BfA could be their prologue to their story progression after the events post WotLK and Legion VH encounter.
    I love your posts. They bring hope! San'layn are such perfect addition. Someone to balance out Worgen.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    I love your posts. They bring hope! San'layn are such perfect addition. Someone to balance out Worgen.
    I appreciate your appreciation. Actually, there's a moral story that can be found with the on going overview of things happening in WoW currently.

People will not exactly understand what situation you are in not until they themselves experience the same thing or there are similarities. When those different individuals finally meet someone like them, a connection and feeling of familiarity is formed- based on sympathy and empathy. They bond together, stick together and becomes a group as they find more and more person like them whom they have something in common or share with.

There is always a pair of eyes staring at us always ready to utter words which judge and classify us. But first impression at times doesn't not always last. They will see you as evil, a freak, a nerd- the misunderstood. As you try to live day by day in the world you are trying to survive and get things over with as you become used to and numb with so much stares and voices crammed in your mind.

The allied race is based on a concept of loook for those who we share similarities with. They become a cohesive group and become one. In the upcoming war that will be set on fire tomorrow, the enemy of your enemy is your friend. Think Void Elves or to Vam'pyr/San'layn as equivalent.

There is always hope and light at the end of the tunnel to prove yourself and shine.To prove your worth and you have purpose after all. We don't like to be seen as someone useless or be treated as garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    So it's alright to be obsessed with little furry cute-to-the-point-I-wanna-puke animals /cough *vulpera* but not cool looking vampires? How come there are no derogatory words to describe obsession with cuteness, yet wanting a vampire brands you edge lord? ??

Obnoxiously cute or terribly furry?
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-07-16 at 01:51 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope so.

Because last two Elven Races like Void Elves and Nightborne were very unoriginal dull blueberries.

I prefer having ranger wood elves like High Elves and True Dark Elves like San'layn than those 2 blue elves.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

Didn't someone mention that the Alliance questline involves taking them out after they power themselves up on Horde soldiers? If so, I don't foresee them as becoming an allied race. They got one chance and blew it. I don't think anyone, including Sylvanas, will trust any of them enough again to recruit them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    Didn't someone mention that the Alliance questline involves taking them out after they power themselves up on Horde soldiers? If so, I don't foresee them as becoming an allied race. They got one chance and blew it. I don't think anyone, including Sylvanas, will trust any of them enough again to recruit them.
    Yes, and they are aware that the one San'layn they face wasn't the only one. Both H&A confirms their existence.

"You saw what Dreven was capable of, Wyrmbane. What if there are more like him?"
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-07-21 at 07:28 PM.

Yes, and they are aware that the one San'layn they face wasn't the only one. Both H&A confirms their existence.

"You saw what Dreven was capable of, Wyrmbane. What if there are more like him?"
    Sounds like they were setting up the situation just to point out to players that they won't be getting San'layn. Prince and crew juice themselves up on horde soldiers, and then fail miserably by getting themselves killed by alliance forces. Betrayal and incompetence. What leader would recruit them after that?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    Sounds like they were setting up the situation just to point out to players that they won't be getting San'layn. Prince and crew juice themselves up on horde soldiers, and then fail miserably by getting themselves killed by alliance forces. Betrayal and incompetence. What leader would recruit them after that?
    Someone as cunning like Sylvanas who was once became a slave, tortured and denied of either freedom or a quick death was able to break free from tyranny and was able to be a leader herself.

She is secretive enough not to disclose her discovery of Azerite what more of back up San'layn or a multitude of them.

She's not the type of person who seems to have no back up plan at all nor even a non-strategist like how very carefully she uses her Val'kyrs.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-07-25 at 07:14 PM.

I would love for San'layn to be a choice for DK.
    "Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolus View Post
    I would love for San'layn to be a choice for DK.
    Let's see the allied races v2 which starts off at different level and perhaps use the ruins of Teldrassil or Darnassus as their starting area?

the new flying bat model would be nice as their flying racial
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-08-05 at 09:01 AM.