Beta Key Giveaway Week 3: Winners have been selected!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Because blizzard have bad writers

Legion is the biggest shit I've ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Garithos intentionally was trying to get the blood elves to die, and they followed him loyally despite the fact he was a raging asshole of a human. Even if they did ignore a direct order (or did they? I don't even recall), executing their entire race because they worked with the naga
    He gave them an order. He should've obey it, or die, but he chose to collaborate with an enemy instead. He and his people deserved execution.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    He gave them an order. He should've obey it, or die, but he chose to collaborate with an enemy instead. He and his people deserved execution.
    I bet your Potential Paladin did way more to deserve execution during leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    First War, started by the Horde... Second War, started by the Horde... All of the faction conflicts during Cata, started by the Horde... Battle for Azeroth, started by the Horde...

Why can't the Alliance be the aggressors for once? Would be nice if the Horde wasn't always shoehorned into the role of bad guys and Alliance into the role of good guys.
    Because the Horde are the bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    The Scourge was the enemy. And the order did not say squat about the Naga.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation
    These people are god damn retards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Well I am winning because at this point you are in the race with yourself and have been from the beginning and you are trying to keep up with me.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Do you know why Sylvanas was in Stormheim? Was it to form "lasting peace" with the Alliance? No, it was to imprison val'kyr so that she could continue building her undead armies at the cost of human lives. If we're arguing this with the context of knowing what was going on, Genn (coincidentally, perhaps?) had made the correct choice in attacking her, because if he had ignored her, she would have been a far greater threat to the Alliance in the long run.
    I feel It's also worth adding every time this comes up that in addition to what ever evil she would have done by enslaving the Val'kyr, there is also the ramifications of that action, where in Odin decides to not give us the Aegis because we mortals stole one of his prized subjects from him and sided with Helya to do it no less... Yes that's right Sylvanas may have almost doomed us all for her own petty greed.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    I feel It's also worth adding every time this comes up that in addition to what ever evil she would have done by enslaving the Val'kyr, there is also the ramifications of that action, where in Odin decides to not give us the Aegis because we mortals stole one of his prized subjects from him and sided with Helya to do it no less... Yes that's right Sylvanas may have almost doomed us all for her own petty greed.
    I am sure you have proof for such outrageous claim.

Anyway, if Odyn was such a nice person that he would refuse to give us an artifact to stop Legion invasion just beucause his ego was bruised, I am sure we would get a proper Halls of Valor raid. Maybe they could have even written Helya as someone sympathetic in the game.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2018-07-11 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I am sure you have proof for such outrageous claim.

Anyway, if Odyn was such a nice person that he would refuse to give us an artifact to stop Legion invasion just beucause his ego was bruised, I am sure we would get a proper Halls of Valor raid. Maybe they could have even written Helya as someone sympathetic in the game.
    Proof that he would be mad the we stole one of his greatest warriors and worked with someone who he hates to do it? Would you be ok if I stole your wife with the help of your mortal enemy for my own personal gain, to then come back and ask hay I really need a car would you let me have yours? Hell even if he would forgive us, why risk it just for Sylvanas's gain? Even If we did ended up raiding him for it in the end the story is implied that we just barely beat the legion as is, why are we disposing of allies that helped us get that narrow victory?

Proof that he would be mad the we stole one of his greatest warriors and worked with someone who he hates to do it? Would you be ok if I stole your wife with the help of your mortal enemy for my own personal gain, to then come back and ask hay I really need a car would you let me have yours? Hell even if he would forgive us, why risk it just for Sylvanas's gain? Even If we did ended up raiding him for it in the end the story is implied that we just barely beat the legion as is, why are we disposing of allies that helped us get that narrow victory?
    Odyn doesn't care.

If anything he'd look at it and go "Well now, that is some unique thinking... VALOR!!!!!!!!!!!." Then stroke his lava beard before going "You, Val'kir over there, you're now the leader. Bring me more valourous souls!".

I mean Odyn was so mad he encouraged and laughed when Horde were killing Alliance right at his door step.

And yet Skovald was still eligible for a challenge for Aegis after he:
    1. sided with the Legion
    2. cheated his way through every trial
    3. still failed the trials because we beat him to the punch

And then Odyn cheered as Horde and the Alliance continued killing each other because it was VALORous.

There's jack shit indicating that Odyn would not give us the Aegis because of Sylvanas. Especially since the players were acting on behalf of Class Order Halls for the most part in Legion.

Hell even if he would forgive us, why risk it just for Sylvanas's gain? Even If we did ended up raiding him for it in the end the story is implied that we just barely beat the legion as is, why are we disposing of allies that helped us get that narrow victory?
    Because chronology of events exists. There was no disposing of our allies at the time of Sylvanas plot, because Odyn revealed himself to us for there to be an alliance with him that could be forged only at the end of Stormheim.

Also, he replaced Helya with Eyir already Why can't he replace Eyir with another Val'kyr? That way he'd still have a source of Valarjar, while the Forsaken would become immortal thanks to Eyir and be a better force against the Legion. It's a net gain. Hell, he doesn't even need to replace Eyir herself, since he already has boatloads of normal Val'kyr and they can already make Valarjar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation
    These people are god damn retards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Well I am winning because at this point you are in the race with yourself and have been from the beginning and you are trying to keep up with me.

both factions are the aggressors because they both have leaders that have voices in their head telling them that after a few decades of war, a few decades of constantly working together saving the world and knowing there are more threats to come just isn't enough basis for peace.

i kinda imagine wow as the reverse of 20th century IRL: initially all the soldiers struck to kill, hated their enemy, etc. then after working together a long time, i bet half the time a horde and alliance patrol run into eachother now they maybe sabrerattle a bit but just let eachother go or aim the fireballs over their heads to scare em off.
    Last edited by Him of Many Faces; 2018-07-12 at 09:50 AM.