Poll: BfA Shadow Priest DPS

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Do you think BfA Spriest is good?

Do you think Shadow Priests will be able to hang in there with other classes during progression raiding?

Probably fine on meters/logs. One or two spells will just get overtuned as a bandaid fix, like Void Eruption was.

But gameplay? Junk, rerolling.

I'm angry. Because my beloved character Priest Holy does not have a good mechanic of heal for dungeons/mythics and I would not like all priests to be only disc

The numbers will be tuned so that it will be competitive, but numbers don't matter if the gameplay is meh.

I don't like the insanity mechanic, having main'd a priest since TBC I have honestly hated its iteration in Legion to which is sadly carrying forth into BfA.

I have thus since jumped ship from the ol' Priest.

Damage might be there. Mechanics are a complete mess.

Without any clear dev communication as to the direction and intent for the spec for 8.1, there is no telling what you'll end up playing. Currently lacking in trust for the devs to get it right, so taking my chances elsewhere.

assuming you ate enough glue to find the gameplay enjoyable:

you lose your multidotting and execute niche to have big burst aoe. you will be intentionally tuned to have weaker ST because you have dots, even though they don't damage. your typical "bring a priest for MD" fight can be countered by a blood elf. your VE is very strong but you will be using it a ton in voidform which means wasting a global that doesn't generate insanity. your defensive is much worse now and vampiric touch will heal you for a less % compared to now because of the nonexistent dot dmg.

basically you have to be really fucked in the head to play this for progression

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    I don't like the insanity mechanic, having main'd a priest since TBC I have honestly hated its iteration in Legion to which is sadly carrying forth into BfA.
    Same, bring back orbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    I have thus since jumped ship from the ol' Priest.
    I keep telling myself im just gonna play assassination rogue until atleast 8.1 but then i think why bother we will still have voidform so im debating just quitting permanently until they scrap voidform.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's unplayable or anything, but it's certainly not good. Voidform and insanity just don't seem to be panning out from a design standpoint. Either voidform is the foundation of the spec and it feels terrible to not be in voidform like in Legion, or it's just a mediocre mini CD that doesn't add much to the gameplay like in BFA. I'd personally like to see MoP Spriest return, and maybe have StM/Voidform as a big 3 min CD. And give back glyph of shadow ravens >.<. But that's just me. I know a lot of people loved Cata Spriest with t13 4p, but I didn't play Spriest then so IDK.

Shadow hasn't been good mechanically since Cataclysm.

BRING BACK CoP!!!!

On launch they will be clunky, but they will do competitive damage.

TBH people are really overstating how bad the spec is atm. Voidform makes no sense from Legion spriest pov and with that half the talents don't either. But at it's core it still plays like shadow has played since tbc (death as a talent feels extremely bad though). Now the additional bell to the core-gameplay is, instead of a DP powered by orbs or something, void eruption and then a bit of a lingering buff from void form. This style is... decent, but VF is way too complicated and cook to be such a weak thing. Also the dots aren't hitting hard enough currently, they don't feel impactful at all.

Still, it doesn't play that bad, and they have all the parts of an excellent spec there, just need to reshuffle them into a coherent thing and we'll be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    BRING BACK CoP!!!!
    No that was terrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supersnap View Post
    No that was terrible.
    Weaving was terrible, cop was fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by kalaratic View Post
    you lose your multidotting and execute niche to have big burst aoe.
    You lose your 1988 Pontiac to have a 2018 Corvette.

Woe is me. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    You lose your 1988 Pontiac in a vintage competition to have a 2018 Corvette in a race where everyone competes with Bugattis, Formula 1s and F-16

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post

Woe is me. D:
    ya i mean it depends what content you do. the OP wants to know about progression raiding and having your only niche be burst aoe is basically a death sentence (see legion ele).

if you just do m+ and casually raid its probably going to be a better experience but i think boss dmg will still suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    You lose your 1988 Pontiac in a vintage competition to have a 2018 Corvette in a race where everyone competes with Bugattis, Formula 1s and F-16
    I guess you haven't seen the numbers. They're looking really good.

it's shit gameplay wise.

That said, I'm gonna reroll to another class, that, by the posts of others, is shit: the havoc DH. Good thing there is, that it plays EXACTLY like it does now. And especially during pre-patch it'll be a lot of fun with doubling down on the legendary ring and shoulders via talents.

As long as I don't get shoehorned into dark slash and/or momentum with my havoc, i'll be very happy.

Meter wise they will be "ok"

gameplay wise they are hot trash. The talent tree is trash with ST talents competing on the same row as AoE (something they said they didn't want) and PvP really only having 1 viable talent option per row. Seriously who the hell would take 15 sec reduced silence CD over PHYSIC HORROR?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.