Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How if fire doing in BFA?

Is it in any way viable if compared to Frost in raids? I really enjoy fire gameplay but I can't play a class if my performance is going to be much lower than another spec from it.

Painfully boring imo now

Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    Is it in any way viable if compared to Frost in raids? I really enjoy fire gameplay but I can't play a class if my performance is going to be much lower than another spec from it.
    That's going to change throughout the expansion isn't it? How it is at the start of expansion doesn't mean much from raid to raid since balancing happens.

Deleted
    When I tried it I did okay, but the damage is really inconsistent. But don't worry play a few hours on 120 as fire and you're going to switch to frost willingly.

As it stands fire lacks most of everything, which made it fun in legion. You're going to have no crit, no haste, no kindling (probably since you're going to want to run the bracer talent), really short combustions, you have to choose between firestarter and the belt affix, no double bloodlust, no flame on or phoenix flames (pick your poison), no cauterizing blink and flame strike slow nerfed to 20% making open world content a pain and you're probably going to have to run rune of power (which I don't mind as much). That's all iirc. So gameplaywise it looks kind of dire until they address the crit problems.

Numberwise we're going to have to wait and see, but as it is right now I'd assume we're going to have to wait for some better gear for fire to be a viable choice. Even if you were able to do decently on average it is just way too unreliable to be viable during progression unless they balance it way over the top.

Impossible to say

they could hot tune it a week before the raid is out

fire damage spells increased by 6%. Who knows

Thanks for the input, guys.

Maybe I should just give up on this dps idea seeing as not being the best tank/healer spec doesn't bother me as much.

Thanks for the input, guys.

Maybe I should just give up on this dps idea seeing as not being the best tank/healer spec doesn't bother me as much.
    Random comment but,

was anyone surprised fire mage was in the method party that cleared the level 30 m+ lower kara? I wasnt.

I would assume fire is still gonna be an AoE god and have kinda crap single target. Hopefully they tune somewhere in between.

Fire essentially only lost leggos and your artifact. Some of the leggos were moved into the talent tree as well as the artifact ability so to have them you're going to have to lose something that was preferred during Legion. So one word to sum up fire in BFA? Less.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Random comment but,

was anyone surprised fire mage was in the method party that cleared the level 30 m+ lower kara? I wasnt.

I would assume fire is still gonna be an AoE god and have kinda crap single target. Hopefully they tune somewhere in between.
    That may be true, but in my experience in most cases it is more advantageous to have good single target damage over having good AoE. As you can apply the former in every situation but the latter has specific requirements.

Viability for the top end is all about tuning. But as it was said before, it is kinda boring now. We lost a lot of utility for soloing and combustion is short again, we may use RoP again.

The save for Fire is probably M+, as our AoE and Cleave kit weren't tuned down as much as many other classes and specs were.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

Problem is, there usually is only one or two raid(sometimes none) fights in the tier that benefit from Fire's AoE over Frost. So them tuning Fire to be lackluster ST would just push us to Arcane(if they tune it right this time)/Frost again in raids.

Fire feels very weak on single target. Fireball is like a wet noodle, and the stat squish means much less crit. Probably does okay on aoe though. Pity they don't balance it better.

Fire is pretty much exactly the same in BfA as it is now. We lose Phoenix Flames which makes the aoe rotation a bit wonkier but that's fine, we don't need PF for single target anymore due to losing the extra 4-6 seconds on Combustion. I expect without much crit it will feel pretty bad to play early on, we won't be getting to 50-60%+ crit in the first raid tier like legion but fire feels fine right now at about 35% crit so who knows.

Fire cool, actually

Deleted
    Enjoyable so far, getting used to it. Phoenix flames baseline would be awesome.

Deleted
    Enjoyable, i think, i never bothered with fire during legion so getting to play the effect of the bracers as a talent is fun to me. I also like that sort of stuff in rotations though. Method Sco recently uploaded a +8 temple of sethraliss with a fire mage that was dookie'ing all over a frost mage/an outlaw rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhos View Post
    Enjoyable, i think, i never bothered with fire during legion so getting to play the effect of the bracers as a talent is fun to me. I also like that sort of stuff in rotations though. Method Sco recently uploaded a +8 temple of sethraliss with a fire mage that was dookie'ing all over a frost mage/an outlaw rogue.
    It's probably to your benefit because playing Fire in BfA compared to Legion is like downgrading from a Fully loaded car down to a base model. It runs fine and it gets you there, but it's not as enjoyable to drive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    It's probably to your benefit because playing Fire in BfA compared to Legion is like downgrading from a Fully loaded car down to a base model. It runs fine and it gets you there, but it's not as enjoyable to drive.
    Because we are starting over, BfA is a complete reset. I don't understand why people expect it to feel the same, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Because we are starting over, BfA is a complete reset. I don't understand why people expect it to feel the same, yet.
    So what? We were starting over at the beginning of Legion too and it felt better than this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    So what? We were starting over at the beginning of Legion too and it felt better than this.
    See i disagree with that about alot of classes, warrior felt like garbage to me in the entirety of legion, now it feels enjoyable. Same with sv hunter, frost mage and so on. I do think warlock plays like ass though.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    But we aren't really starting over. The spec plays almost exactly the same, just that we now have a gutted version of it. How is that good design? Even if we didn't lose anything, playing Legion all over again wouldn't exactly be great.