Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    I would hate that. I hope we will never see questlines like that again.
    I guarantee you will. We choose between Legion legendaries and MoP legendaries these days - and I for one wouldn't hesitate for a second to choose the Legion version. They're good NOW, they just had a shitty implementation early on. Iteration (balance) would be better than removal.

Quote Originally Posted by Logicbank View Post
    Legions Legendary system was, in more ways than 1, a disaster. and I'm glad it'll be gone.

this isn't to say i never want to see legendary's again. i do.
    just not in the way they have been implemented in Legion, nor the way MoP took it with it's story integrated questline.

the Legion legendary's weren't what i would call legendary. nothing about them was legendary.

Sulfuras, Thunderfury, Atiesh, Val'anyr. those were legendary's back in their respective release windows.
    and sure, it was "unfair" towards casual players that would never get their hands on these.
    but that only made them more legendary.
    Extremely unlikely to have them happen again. Shadowmourne and the like is a huge benefit to DPS, and is very exclusive. Doesn't mesh at all with Blizzard's current philosophy of catering to the whiny "I pay I should get the same gear as those who play constantly".

well they helped bandaid my spec into enjoyability and now they're gone and the spec sucks.

so yeah I will

Deleted
    Some of the utility ones made soloing stuff that would otherwise be impossible for such a class as rogue, that I will miss. But as for the ones you actually use for the serious stuff I have to admit azerite seems to be the superior system.

I mean if they were all power legendaries that affected gameplay in some tangible way and the systems that're in place now were in from the start then it probably would've been better received. That said my alts still wouldn't miss them, especially the resto druid bullshit where you want one from each of the other three specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefsupreme View Post
    Some of the utility ones made soloing stuff that would otherwise be impossible for such a class as rogue, that I will miss. But as for the ones you actually use for the serious stuff I have to admit azerite seems to be the superior system.
    I dont think there are gonna be many azerite traits as impactful to gameplay as the rogue shoulders or gloves
    the fire bracers or belt
    the talent rings
    the WW monk chest

and I could go on
    99% of azerite traits are just flat damage bonuses or damage procs

Can not wait for this legendary system to be gone. Since vanilla to WoG (Warlords of Garrisons) legendary meant something you worked for and that feel you get when it paid off not this system where you killed Jerry the gazelle and get your bis. Hope they never do this type of system again.

Deleted
    I will miss the fact that their legendary affix won't work after 115 or whatever the level is. Some of them would be really useful for transmog runs (Crafted Leather Legs or Aggrammar's Stride). This really sucks.
    Last edited by mmocbd39eb7a1e; 2018-07-11 at 07:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    From the perspective of a very casual gamer who didn't play every day or even every other day, they were fun. They were cool when you got them and you could improve them over time just by playing. I wouldn't want to repeat all of that in the next expansion but the weapons were generally cool and the different looks were fun things. Not saying they weren't terrible for regular players who might have social pressure from friends and guild members to get them all quickly but if you didn't have to worry about any of that they were great.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    I didn't get a single one legendary until 7.1. Despite me myth raiding and doing myth+ on a pretty serious level (world 500)

I hated that system with all of my heart. I only got legendary in 7.1, because blizz upped the chance of obtaining your first legendary. I feel like I wouldn't have one until now, if this safety net wasn't introduced. Needles to say, I quit raiding because of it (and because of EM and nighhold being shit raids).

Now, playing legion casualy I have to say I will miss the effects of my legendaries. (NOT THE LEGENDARIES THEMSELVES)

I didn't care about swapping legendaries for different raid encounters BECAUSE I NEVER EVEN HAD ONE. sure, I guess it would have been fun, as much fun as swapping talents is. meh.

Ill miss being OP in world content

It turns into controlled / targetable Azerite gear, don't worry, you will have your chance to still make OP ... I mean fun builds.

Deleted
    I don't think ill miss the legendaries items themselves, but Legion added a loooot of fancy spells and effects between legendaries and the artifact and this is the first expansion where i am really feeling like i am losing much more then im getting.

probably going to miss the warrior healing bracers most, first and probably last time prot wars had any real self sustain.

its not unimaginable though that by the second raid tier, azerite armor will come into its own, but for the first tier im not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Logicbank View Post
    Legions Legendary system was, in more ways than 1, a disaster. and I'm glad it'll be gone.

this isn't to say i never want to see legendary's again. i do.
    just not in the way they have been implemented in Legion, nor the way MoP took it with it's story integrated questline.

the Legion legendary's weren't what i would call legendary. nothing about them was legendary.

Sulfuras, Thunderfury, Atiesh, Val'anyr. those were legendary's back in their respective release windows.
    and sure, it was "unfair" towards casual players that would never get their hands on these.
    but that only made them more legendary.
    This system can't survive in today's WoW. Blizz is taking steps away from loot drama and unfair distribution of gear with removal of Master Loot. You can bet that it's double that for scarce items like legendaries. And I'd also argue that it doesn't affect the casual raider moreso than the hardcore raider that got fucked over by being passed over for the GM's girlfriend.

I'm glad leggos are going away. We can look at them as legendary now as being a relic of the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Yes i agree the way you obtained Legendaries at the beginning of the expansion sucked.
    But now that we have almost every single legendary i must say...i will miss them.

They are very interactive and give you opportunities to test different styles of play

The only thing bad about legendaries is the way you obtain them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For example i just tested a completely different way to play Demon Hunter that i found EXTREMLY fun.
    I picked all talents that improved the damage of Fel Rush and Throw Glaive with Momentum and Fel Barrage.
    And used Mo'arg Bionic Stabilizers and Loramus Thalipedes' Sacrifice

The results (with only 940 item level):

Its a fun Cleave build with Fel Rush and Throw Glaive doing the most damage.
    Only useful in Mythic + and heavy AoE instances.
    But is so much fun!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What about you? Will you miss legendaries?

Not the way you obtained them...i think everyone hated how we obtained legendaries.
    Prefer the 1 big legendary from MoP and WoD, both in obtaining and in function. Worked very well in WoD because you still had one ring slot open so all ring drops didn't become worthless. Not to mention the story with them in Legion got boiled down to a small paragraph of lore, over what we had before. Lastly I didn't like how big the spectrum of usefulness could be, from "If you don't have this you suck" to "Whoo boy I got myself a stat stick" or "Whoo boy I got myself a bank filler"

5+ Year Old Account
    For the contribution of making most specs even more fun to play, yes.

I think the customisation aspect was actually nailed and the perks felt impactful, and it helped fill in some classes were they lacked either single/multi target. (Or made them gods, lol.)
    Last edited by digichi; 2018-07-11 at 08:03 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I will not miss them. The screwed up acquirement is only part of their issue. I think that what makes you spec work should not be part of you gear - it should be part of your class. The thing with WoW is that gear is at the same time a reward and a tool and that causes problem. If you need a peace of gear for your spec to work in a reasonable manner there is something wrong - and that was the case with some specs in Legion. I somehow suspect that Blizzard realized that mid way in BfA beta. Notice, at the beginning they didn't want to make too many class changes and then suddenly started fixing classes and even officially stated few specs are not finished and will get an overhaul in 8.1. At the same time Azerite Armor traits are small perks and nothing close to what legendaries were in Legion. I personally think that is a good thing because that way it forces Blizzard to make sure the baseline class design offers proper toolkit to make classes work and be fun to play. For sure balance druid haven't played that well at the beginning of an expansion since Cata or ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I had acquired Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning rather early on in the expansion and therein I'll miss it for my Demonic Commander come BfA.

We all have to get used to how the classes originally played/playing intention after passing level 115, until we get another Legendary in BfA (not fully confirmed as of now).

meaningful legendaries-- Yes ,
    Blizz should release legendaries 1/2 each patch ,but it should be meaningful atleast in the tier they are released.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never, and will never miss anything in this game less than Legiondaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.