Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Remember Legion in which entire faction was irrevelant? I agree that certain stuff could be done better but that's hardly horde bias.
    In which way? Legion was pretty equal my dude. Except for the fact that horde allied races are easier to unlock than the alliance ones.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm brought Dark Iron Dwarves in highlight even vanila days where 1 dungeon and raid is dedicated for them. Even Varian had his grand exit unlike Vol'jin.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    In which way? Legion was pretty equal my dude. Except for the fact that horde allied races are easier to unlock than the alliance ones.
    I can’t disagree with this more. A new player getting to 110 since 7.3.5 is far more likely to unlock Alliance Allied Races before Horde ones.

Argus questing is significantly shorter than Suramar and Highmountain, not to mentioned your funneled to Argus for end game atm. I have more toons passively exulted Army of the Light and Argussian Reach than I do with any other, minus Legionfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    They are refugees, so it makes sense. If you care about the race, trust me, I feel you. I know it sucks.

Take the Worgen for example : they are a full playable race not an allied one. But they too, are refugees, they share the same fate. Like the Mag'har, they had to abandon their home. And like the Mag'har got an outpost in Orgrimmar the Worgen got a tree in Darnassus. (And in a few days from now they are about to lose this too!)

Anyway, give it time. I'd honeslty like to see something more for the Mag'har.
    Even gnomes and trolls didn't have a unique starting area in vanilla. Gnomes had to share with Dwarfs, and trolls with orcs.

Even after cata, gnomes still haven't gotten their home yet. It is still a dungeon that hardly anyone wants to do while leveling. At least trolls got their echo isles back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    You're kidding right MoP had a Horde city as the final raid and WoD was nothing but orcs orcs orcs
    WoD was nothing but orcs?

So, ogres are orcs? The only orcs we fight in Highmaul are Kargath, a few IH soldiers that run away like cowards and pale orcs. The rest are either ogres, elementals, void creatures or fungal giants.

I guess Arakkoa are orcs too then.

I guess the burning legion are orcs too.

I guess burning legion allied Draenei are orcs too.

I know you are using hyperbole, but seriously, there was more to WoD than killing orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=285380/s...rf-allied-race

Dark Irons get Shadowforge City as their capital. How freaking awesome is that? Yes I know the textures are old in there. But theres something AWESOME about having such a classic dungeon as one of your capitals / friendly area. Probably the coolest and bigger Allied Race hub so far too.

Meanwhile Mag'har don't even have their own racial hub. The only Allied race with NO HUB! Do you know what they get??? An already existing outpost in Orgrimmar....they just replace some Orgrimmar orcs with like 15 Mag'har npcs in there and call it a day......behold :

http://www.wowhead.com/news=285485/m...t-in-orgrimmar

What is this Blizzard.....why? Is it so hard to make a single unique Iron Horde building inside Orgrimmar (or in any random Horde area near Orgrimmar really who cares about the location) instead of this abomination? How is this fair for the Horde?
    Hey maybe because they have an entire god damn planet to go back to.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    it makes perfect sense, its a non issue.

Nightborne have their small part of suramar, how often do you use that after spawning for the first time? Oh right, not even once, totally needed to spend time to develop that stuff...

The worgen in cata got a tree in a city no one uses. Now that city is getting burned down and Gilneas still has nothing new added to it. Not every race or allied race gets a hub.

The new trolls get dinosaur forms for their druids....

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    I can’t disagree with this more. A new player getting to 110 since 7.3.5 is far more likely to unlock Alliance Allied Races before Horde ones.

Argus questing is significantly shorter than Suramar and Highmountain, not to mentioned your funneled to Argus for end game atm. I have more toons passively exulted Army of the Light and Argussian Reach than I do with any other, minus Legionfall.
    The fact that someone is more likely to do it, doesn't mean it is easier. If you started both from scratch, the horde ones will be unlocked faster. Both highmountain and nightfallen have so many more quests that you are exalted waaaay faster. You need to do way more world quests for army of the light and argussian reach than for highmountain and nightfallen.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    The fact that someone is more likely to do it, doesn't mean it is easier. If you started both from scratch, the horde ones will be unlocked faster. Both highmountain and nightfallen have so many more quests that you are exalted waaaay faster. You need to do way more world quests for army of the light and argussian reach than for highmountain and nightfallen.
    Also, highmountain tokens give more rep than the others.
    And Suramar's WQs are often rare and elite, giving 150 or 250 rep, while AotL and AR WQs always give 75 rep, even the rare and elite ones.
    Not to mention withered army training, which can give lots of rep tokens in a good run.

---------------------------

And now we have confirmed that mag'har get three heritage armor sets (Frostwolf blue, Blackrock black, Warsong red). Probably as compensation for the lack of a proper hub.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Siq1ne View Post
    This whole "faction balance" thing is for the birds. I can't fathom why anyone over the age of 12 would act this way -- I just can't.

Seriously.

"But mom, It's not fair!"

I am disgusted by this attitude that our community seems to relish in.
    Indeed. Shadowforge city was something we had in place since Vanilla and since most of the assets were already there, why not place the Dark Irons there? Oh... that's right... because we don't coincidentally have a place of the same caliber to put Mag'har in... Let's just place dark irons in Ironforge so the man-children will be satisfied.

No. That's not how these things should work. Most of the time, factions get the same, sometimes there are chances like this one to give a faction something better than the other, not because they want to piss off one of the factions, but because most of the work is already there and it makes sense and it doesn't take much time to implement. Next time it will be your turn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    And now we have confirmed that mag'har get three heritage armor sets (Frostwolf blue, Blackrock black, Warsong red). Probably as compensation for the lack of a proper hub.
    To be clear for others, it's not exactly three heritage armor sets, but three different tints of the same armor set. Also doubtful that it is as compensation, just something that makes sense for the race considering they are a mixture of different clans.

Here's the link for those that wanna see the tints:
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=282733/m...olf-clan-tints

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    To be clear for others, it's not exactly three heritage armor sets, but three different tints of the same armor set. Also doubtful that it is as compensation, just something that makes sense for the race considering they are a mixture of different clans.
    It's still (so far) something only the mag'har have. There were alternative tints datamined for Lightforged and Nightborne (I loved that red/gold version of NB set), but they ended up not being available.

I wonder if later patches could further develop allied races with prizes like more armor tints, racial weapons or finally getting their hub as some sort of reward.
    Whatever...

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    You get nothing, and should be happy about it.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Honestly, i'd rather have Farahlon be a thing, JUST so we could give the Mag'har Orcs a home...

That, or GIVE THEM BLACKROCK FOUNDRY!!!

Like, Jesus Christ dude. It's still there. It's not destroyed or anything...

But, nope. What do we get?

"O R G R I M M A R "

Like, WHAT THE FUCK?!

- - - Updated - - -

"But, they're refugees"

Then why not have the rest of the Horde take care of Yrel's BS back on Draenor? That is, unless we're to assume that you can only Time Travel back to Draenor VIA The Bronze Dragon flight...

Like, no? We have Mages, yes?
    I mean, it was partially destroyed when we raided it. We killed the Heart of the Mountain which means we killed their ability to Forge, plus we murdered tons of their craftsmen, planners, and beasts of burden. Chances are after that they'd be forced to use lesser Furies and Elementals to more directly work the Blackrock Ore.

I'm sure with thirty years or so they've been able to rebuild, if they deiced they wanted to, but who knows?

Also, the Horde isn't going back to Draenor because they can't commit forces to do so. If they tried, they'd be fighting Yrel's holy crusade AND the Alliance.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I mean, it was partially destroyed when we raided it. We killed the Heart of the Mountain which means we killed their ability to Forge, plus we murdered tons of their craftsmen, planners, and beasts of burden. Chances are after that they'd be forced to use lesser Furies and Elementals to more directly work the Blackrock Ore.

I'm sure with thirty years or so they've been able to rebuild, if they deiced they wanted to, but who knows?

Also, the Horde isn't going back to Draenor because they can't commit forces to do so. If they tried, they'd be fighting Yrel's holy crusade AND the Alliance.
    Which not yet the right time to do so: Be in Draenor once more and be in the moment of their own conflict.

We in our current world have so much business to attend to so let those in Draenor somehow mind their own business.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post

Which not yet the right time to do so: Be in Draenor once more and be in the moment of their own conflict.

We in our current world have so much business to attend to so let those in Draenor somehow mind their own business.

Deleted
    They really should have opened up the wall between Valley of Honor and the shipyard, and stuck a nice Iron Horde building there. 2 birds, 1 stone.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by SimmerRift View Post
    They really should have opened up the wall between Valley of Honor and the shipyard, and stuck a nice Iron Horde building there. 2 birds, 1 stone.
    Or even just a tunnel leading out there would work.

7+ Year Old Account
    While it is kind of sad that Mag'har Orcs didn't get a city.

I'm happy the Alliance finally got a capital city that being Dark Irons that is.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

Deleted
    I kind of agree with the op in certain aspects. I never could get myself to play races, that don't really have a place of their own. Somehow it kind of ruins immersion for me. I came to realise this, when I played the Teldrassil scenario. I played several NE characters, and while not being a real RP player, I actually loved chilling in Darnassus in between dungeons, just because it was so serene, beautiful and unique. I don't think I'll play a NE any time soon again, as I dislike to see them reduced to yet another refugee race huddled in Stormwind. In my opinion they should give every race a place and identity of their own.

I totally disagree with the OPs advance to make this thread an Alliance bias thing. This has nothing to do with any bias, but if you label your game as role playing game you should put a little bit more elbow grease into newly added races. New skin tones and some tattoos don't do the trick on their own. They need more to be interesting.