Deleted

Void Elf vs Human, preferably for Arms

So I'm on my one of the most exciting quests in the game which is reputation faming, specifically Argussian Reach (12k to exalted). I've already decided to main Warrior, preferably Arms spec, but I still haven't decided on Ally race. Void Elf seems to be popular amongst Warriors, even some people say it performs better than Human in terms of leveling. How would 2% secondary stats boost on Human with the new stats squish compare to 5% dps/heal proc on Void Elfs? Also how useful would be Spatial Rift to their already good mobility?

I wish they would kill off all racials, Picking your race for "What's better" over which race you actully want to be in an RP game is a stupid concept in my opinion.

Assuming that the gear scaling will continue to work in BFA like it does right now on beta void elf would be better by quite a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    I wish they would kill off all racials, Picking your race for "What's better" over which race you actully want to be in an RP game is a stupid concept in my opinion.
    I feel the same way. They should be cosmetic/flavor things.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

void elf has neat tmog options

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I feel the same way. They should be cosmetic/flavor things.
    I miss class/race unique skills tbh (dwarf priest fear ward etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    While I agree, it's also been a normal thing across a lot of games. It's also why classic race/classes have always been a thing. Most games have elves with higher intelligence, so they end up being mages and wizards, half elfs are sneaky and end up being rogues, dwarves are stout and end up being warrior types, orcs are dim-witted and powerful so they end up with the barbarian classes. It's a bit of RP flare combined with steel cages in game like WoW were min/maxxing is such a thing.

I'd like it personally if they only have flavour bonuses. Give dwarves better mining, elves better enchanting, worgen their skinning, night elves their stealth skill, but lose the actual stat bonuses.

As to the point of this thread, I would say go with the void elf, both as a personal taste (I prefer them personally to humans), but I've found the Spatial Rift is handy if you can figure out how to seamlessly incorporate it into your place style. For example, if you know an attack is coming and you have a moment, cast it, do what you need to do for a few seconds and then activate your move. I have a pair of mages, one on each faction and they're my most powerful characters, I find I miss the Rift on my Horde one. And mages are pretty mobile with Shimmer (Blink x2), but I still find the Rift handy.

That being said, if you have the Timeless Stratagem shoulders, the Rift will be less useful I think, as long as you still have said shoulders. Obviously by 120 they will no longer matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    So you want them to kill even more of the RPG aspect of WoW?
    I want to kill the "You have to take this class if you want to play the most optimal"

I want to kill the fact that so many take blood elf because they want the interupt, I want to kill the fact that every PvPer takes human due to their racial.

So yes, you want to kill the RPG aspect of an MMORPG
    How is it RPG to be forced into a race choice in order to not be inferior to other players? it's a stupid concept in my opinion.

How often do you change your Transmog.... that 50% reduced cost for transmog and Void Storage is a life saver.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    How often do you change your Transmog.... that 50% reduced cost for transmog and Void Storage is a life saver.
    I only need one tmog
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

Because different races are good at different things? It means your choices matter?
    Your choices dont matter though the meta matters.

Sometimes I wish they would just remove racials, and instead let us pick diffrent traits upon character creation.

Every warrior should be able to use warstomp if they can use heroic leap.

Because different races are good at different things? It means your choices matter?
    But should the choice matter this much? there are some races that are a lot better than others, It should not be like that, Race choice should not impact gameplay, there should be no "best" race, People should be able to play what they want without feeling weaker.

From the Warrior discord Races for Arms Warrior in BfA

If the above sim is correct, the void is 0.1% less (so that is 1 less damage per 1000 damage done)--and this is making a lot of assumptions on certain talents and gear levels. I would choose base on personal utility and aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Muh View Post

From the Warrior discord Races for Arms Warrior in BfA
    Such a shame that Nightborne has such terrible racials. That said, I can live with a 1.33% difference.

For almost every player out there, the difference in damage does for Racial bonuses wont make or break you. Pick what race you want to be and enjoy it.

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien