Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How do you beat the mirror images phase in mage tower on Havoc?

I can only do this if I'm lucky and he's near. If he's all the way on the other side I take too long and after a while get insta-killed. I can't just zoom over to him cuz he's too far away. I can't move quickly because I have to move from bubble to bubble and I have to time it so I can only move once a mirror image is done casting, otherwise I just get pushed back.

What's the trick here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Interrupt dude and bring him towards middle, then when he teleports use your 2 Fel Rushes.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Don't forget that you can also backflip across the map, so if he is particularly far, whip your camera behind and disengage, then double fel rush to his sparkles. I only had to do this once or twice out of every 10 attempts or so because he's usually close enough to just double fel rush to reach.

Best of luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ji Firepaw
    Wow you are some kind of gorgeous aren't you? I can tell we are going to be good friends!

10+ Year Old Account
    Netherwalk was absolutely awesome for me here too, massive movement speed + immunity? Yes please.

Watch for his dot to appear on your mini map just before the transition, and Fel rush over. If done right you’ll be pretty much on top of him when the images come up. If you’re running the challenge mode mod for dbm you’ll get plenty of warning for the phase transition
    Demon Hunter Chakan [URL=https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/frostmourne/chàkan[/URL]
    Death Knight Eosforos [URL=https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/frostmourne/eosforos[/URL]

I keep choking on this phase. I can't take Netherwalk because without the extra leech from demon form I'm not gonna get far anyway. And Fel Rush is so unreliable. If you land too far, you're dead. If you don't land far enough, you're dead.

2 options, netherwalk or save meta leap and jump on him. If you're dying to healing run Prydaz or Legendary Chest. Have a lock make you a healthstone too. Healing should be very minimal in frost phase as killing the ice will give you souls to full heal, if you're not killing the ice use Chaos Nova before jumping out, you'll heal from those souls too.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I don't have Prydaz or legendary chest. Unfortunately you have very little control over which legendaries you have in this expansion

It just takes practice.

I kept wiping on the second mirror phase because he doesn't like moving towards center on arcane torrent phase and it was hella far. I'd even say its the hardest part of the fight.

I just got as far as I could and got in a bubble, wait till full and fel rushed. The first mirror phase you can just double fel rush fairly easily if you walk him towards center.

Took a few tries, sometimes its just luck. The knock back the mages do is super annoying. I burned chaos nova just to be safe with them.

In addition to the other tips, I'd say that staying calm is what secured my kill. Don't rush to her out og mirror phase. Take a few seconds initially to asses the situation. I prefered fel rushing to a selected mirror with a large bouble - dps'ed IT down and the startede looking for my next target. My experience with bursting del rush to reach xylem in One go usualy wound Up with me hitting a knockback or landing between xylem and a mirror. You can lso consider playing around with your talents. Perhaps u need a little more burst so the mirrors' cast time is leds of a problem. Food luck beating it ☺

Move him into middle when you interrupt his casts. If you are not close to the middle of the room once he teleports, you are in trouble, you can handle it once, but if that happens a lot, you will probably run out of CDs, and/or nerd rage + die.

Don't be afraid to kill a mirror image and chill in a bubble while waiting for a fel rush charge

You can also just kill 2-3 images and reg hp in thier bubble, after a while he will spawn again.
    There is no rush if you don't find him in 2 sek.

As others have said. After the third icicles, move him to the middle orb.

Cast blur, and fel rush (*2) to him.

It took me 60 attempts - in one of them for sh*ts and gigs (trying to survive more than DPS), I had 3 mirror image phases.

And during the arcane phase, don't be afraid to move to the middle when you know mirror image is coming, you can easily negate the damage with meta.
    Last edited by Aktavite; 2018-07-03 at 06:34 AM.

We don't think flying makes questing quicker. We think it makes it trivial. There is a difference. Source
    How does flying trivialise this quest?
    Cherry picking data, have a read.

Had the same problem as OP when I did it for the first time around 900 ilvl a couple of months ago.
    The thing is (as someone already mentioned) you DON'T HAVE TO rush it. Just go from bubble to bubble killing images and you'll get to him.
    Just chill

Deleted
    Also worth mentioning: A yellow dot will appear on your minimap to show exactly where he is.
    I never had to stun/pull him to mid or anything special in order to complete that phase.
    Just Fel-Rush towards the yellow dot on the minimap, once he appears, interrupt him.

What is your actual item level? I first did it around 895 and it was very, very hard but recently I've done it with a 935 char again and I only had to do one mirror image phase at all and no problem with healing at all, normal Demonic Healing was enough so I could even take Netherwalk. Basically what I did was Blur -> Run to First Bubble, Heal -> Fel Rush to the Second, Netherwalk to the third -> Fel Rush to the Fourth -> Fel Rush to the Fifth. Haven't even used Retreat but that would have been available also.

You see the yellow dot on minimap and double fel rush toward him, technically you should leave the arcane phase in 1-2 sec.

Deleted
    Why don't you just kill the clones and heal up and make your way to him?

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Why don't you just kill the clones and heal up and make your way to him?
    You have like 40 sec. window to reach him. What it worked for me was to pay attention on the minimap at the moment the fight transitioned to mirror one and instantly double fel rush to the shimmering clone.