Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The only viable dungeon boosts I've see on private were Maraudon princess run and DM , though these boosts only applied to stealther classes most of the time.

As for raids , instead of boosting there was a far more profitable method to make gold if you didn't want to involve an entire guild; You'd basically host a pug MC/ZG run once a week and bring along 3-4 good geared guildies with you for crucial roles, you'd then advertise a few days in advance of the pug's scheduled run and tell people interested to apply on discord, spots were usually given as a first come first served basis so long as you are at least half pre-raid bis gear with the required consumables ( else u'd be replaced with whoever had those even if you applied first), now what you'd do basically is:

- All class tier sets are roll based , main spec before off spec, and +1 bonus roll per person, resetting before last boss.

- Everything else outside class tier sets and class specific drops ( such as BoE's, Ores/herbs/skinning, green/rare/epic mats ) all go to the people hosting the pugs with the option of selling the BoE drops to people at AH value or slightly below depends on preference.

- This usually net's around 500-1000g per full clear ( depending on drops and such ), and is usually split between the people hosting ( all bop prof mats are given to the people who can craft the stuff that sells on AH then you split the profit ).

- You'd need a small dedicated group of friends that you trust , that also happen to have the variety of profs and recipes needed to craft/mine/herb/skin whatever is needed ( you're basically pooling all prof related stuff amongst your group).

The above method isn't easy to do and is often tiresome as you probably have to deal with all kinds of pugs and fresh 60s who have no real grasp on much of the endgame scene yet, though once your group masters the technique to run these pugs you can make some real solid profit every reset ( this is usually done after you've progressed through higher tiers and old tiers become irrelevant to you).

It's also worth mentioning that the server population needs to be high ( somewhere around 7k + ) and your group must maintain fairness and equity in all things regarding loot distribution to your pug , which means no ninja looting / stealing mats and such , you should also warn pugs that by joining your pug they agree that any action towards impeding the rules, such as taking stealing herbs/ore/skins or any form of ninja looting/drama etc can lead to blacklisting.

Blacklisting is a big deal in vanilla since being blacklisted on the pug list means not only will said person never join your pug runs but most likely other dedicated pug groups either since usually pug groups are familiar with each other and most of the time are on friendly terms / often share players that should be blacklisted with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthor89 View Post
    Has anyone ever gotten rich by selling boosts to lowbies in classic?
    It could work in Classic because most people will hate every minute of it while grinding to 60. But back in vanilla, people enjoyed the game, so they actually played it instead of looking for someone else to literally steal their fun by playing for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    It happened for twinks but was very rare. Average run I did was 5-10 gold depending on the dungeon. I also did 100 gold flat rate - run it till you get the item you're after. No normal characters leveling up their first toon or even an alt did paid runs. It was always twinks after a certain item.

As I recall the item I carried the most for was that 2-handed ax from SM that had a chance of proccing an AoE. Can't for the life of me remember the name.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    It happened for twinks but was very rare. Average run I did was 5-10 gold depending on the dungeon. I also did 100 gold flat rate - run it till you get the item you're after. No normal characters leveling up their first toon or even an alt did paid runs. It was always twinks after a certain item.

As I recall the item I carried the most for was that 2-handed ax from SM that had a chance of proccing an AoE. Can't for the life of me remember the name.
    Lol ravager..like every lvl37-40 enha shaman had it. :>
    Last edited by mmocc2c6d2cfbf; 2018-07-16 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    Boosts weren't easy gold/money back in Vanilla like we have in Legion.

There was gold selling/leveling services, but they weren't really offered by mainstream players -- rather by foreign sellers using bots/automation.

When Classic re-releases, it may be a thing. But it wasn't really a big thing back in 2004-2006.
    Yes and no, anyone could run Glider. It singlehandedly destroyed the wow gold market. This sophisticated software was wrapped up in litigation and was difficult to detect. Needless to say, due to the legal precedents set forth and the new technology blizzard has decided to use, the new classic server economy will be a different beast than actual vanilla.
    Last edited by delus; 2018-07-17 at 04:09 PM.