10+ Year Old Account

Mage, Last class needed for full 110... is it supposed to feel this S L O W?

So mage is the last class I need for the Legendary Campaign achievement. Got one to 79 as Frost and it just feels so... Slow. it seems like all I do is spam 1, sometimes hit 2 when Mind Freeze procs and 3 when Fingers procs. And it feels like things take forever to kill. Does it ever feel faster?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

You should try playing fire. I had the same problem with frost.

Go with Arcane it is the fastest spec to lvl up, and you one shot everything on your way

i have every class at 110 except mage too but i have a 95 mage and it hasn't ever gotten faster up until that point (if anything it's gotten slower) so the answer is unfortunately no. it's without a doubt the slowest class to level in my experience, at least since level scaling was introduced. I'd imagine it gets a lot better once you get your artifact weapon - my warlock felt similarly slow but once i got my artfact it was like night and day. this is definitely something that should be addressed though but it probably never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Naustis View Post
    Go with Arcane it is the fastest spec to lvl up, and you one shot everything on your way
    yeah and you have to drink after every pull
    Last edited by gd8; 2018-07-07 at 11:38 PM.

Arcane; take the charged up talent for full Arcane Charges before every mob group. Blast the crap out of several mobs- drink if needed- repeat
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Opposite for me, I leveled as fire until like 103 or something then switched to Frost and was loving life
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

woops. wrong threat
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Low level frost is really slow with the new leveling system. Someone suggested fire; sounds like a good suggestion IMHO.

mage is one of the worst leveling classes if you are undergeared i.e. don't have full mythic hellfire citadel gear from that time. Frost has best survivablity because of the chills but fire aoe is really nice for fast progress but rippy if you can't kill them fast and they catch up... this is just it mage is not a good leveling class sadly. No healing no pet to tank... so squishy.

5+ Year Old Account
    I've had no problem with frost over the years when it comes to leveling speed. I just kite as many mobs as I can handle and tick them down. Fire is a little better than frost for the aoe portion, and arcane is great if you want to be fully involved. I just swap between frost and fire because I can usually nuke things down quick either way, and just swap specs if I get bored, or if a particular spec is better suited for what I'm doing. I just don't like the burn/conserve phases and constantly watching mana that arcane brings. All that extra work and the damage I pump out isn't any better than the other specs. Perhaps I'm just a lazy caster

frost mage is all about rounding stuff up and aoeing it down. It's been that way since vanilla.

I'm leveling a Frost Mage atm and I think I never had a class that leveled so fast. I find it great in ST and AoE, everything is already falling down when I even look at it, especially when you reach 100 with the artifact weapon. Currently my played time per level in Legion is 32 minutes, pretty well I think. Loving it so far .