Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberator View Post
    There is a guy who did the prot pala challenge at 852, so anything is possible I guess.
    Not really the same as the tank challenge isn't a DPS race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    The frost mage challenge is probably the hardest of the mage tower challenges.

Prot Pally is, imo, one of the easier ones.

I *destroyed* the boomkin challenge at ilvl 890 but it took me 25 tries to get down Frost Mage @916, and that win was 100% RNG.

He won't have the damage to kill the hands fast enough AND still burn the boss. I'm not going to say its impossible but you're going to be fishing for RNG in a lot of attempts to get it down.
    Frost was tricky, but to say it's the hardest of all the challenges is probably not really true, at least not in my experience. Frost Mage took me maybe 10 attempts at ilvl 905, whereas Holy Paladin took me ~20 tries in the 905-915 ilvl range.

Not really the same as the tank challenge isn't a DPS race.

- - - Updated - - -

Not a dps race? It sure is, not anymore though with the 30k conc buff, back at 910ish it sure was.
    The Kruul part is yes, but you can save all CDs for that part and burn through it pretty fast. I did Prot Warrior with 910-915 before the Concordance buff, it wasn't Annihilate that killed me - my damage was more than fine.

You will run out of cds if you take too long, making it a dps race.
    Not as much as the Twins challenge is, by any means.

10+ Year Old Account
    not apples to apples but i did Demo on the day it launched with 875 and AP 52ish and took me about 75 attempts.
    The mage one....i may just suck at it but with ilvl 920 i had crated shoulders and quest lego ring as my two legendaries....really bad trinkets and weapon ilvl of 936 it took me ~45-50 tries to kill it. Killing hands while keeping distance was the hardest for me so i either took damage from the hand or got punted in the face.

on my kill i actually did not use any CD at start making p1 the longest/scariest as he was getting close to 10 stacks of the speed buff.
    i used ice veins on p2 and tried to NOT kill the small adds too much and keep orb off cd after you start being chased again. this helped to a ) slow the fucker at start b) give me the ice lances for the hand . i popped all cd's in p3 and tried to burn him b4 a rune went off.

Try to do every invasion you can for shards to get 890 to get into LFR. sac some shards to get 880 gear if you are in a bind.

gl