Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    If you have no issues in games, there is one test I figured you could perform. Record a cutscene from game and then try watching it, if the picture looks different in recorded video than in the game, your monitor itself won't be at fault. If you need help setting up for the test let me know.
    I am actually seeing it in games now. For example in Wow turning the camera leads to everything looking choppy and kind of weird, and checking the recorded video shows everything doubled and tripled up as it moves. It's much less noticeable but very similar to the screenshots I posted earlier. You don't really see the after-images in game, the motion just looks a bit rough, and only checking the recorded video reveals the blured/ghosted images.

I still don't know exactly what this is, whether it's ghosting or motion blur or even what the difference really is between them.

I've half a mind to return this monitor and get a different one, but who's to say it won't have the same issues... How much of this is just 'normal'?
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2018-07-16 at 04:25 PM.

If you can record it, it's not the screen but some other problem, if your screen has image problems it would not show unless you film the screen with a different device.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I am actually seeing it in games now. For example in Wow turning the camera leads to everything looking choppy and kind of weird, and checking the recorded video shows everything doubled and tripled up as it moves. It's much less noticeable but very similar to the screenshots I posted earlier. You don't really see the after-images in game, the motion just looks a bit rough, and only checking the recorded video reveals the blured/ghosted images.

I still don't know exactly what this is, whether it's ghosting or motion blur or even what the difference really is between them.

I've half a mind to return this monitor and get a different one, but who's to say it won't have the same issues... How much of this is just 'normal'?
    Eh, where did you watch the recording on? Same monitor? Can you upload it on youtube? If you want 32" curved panel, you might be in a bind.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I'm suddenly noticing it everywhere now, even on modern TVs. Is this just an unavoidable problem on all screens then? Is it even possible to have properly smooth video?

Do me a favour and watch the first 24 seconds of the video below. How it looks to me is the buildings scrolling by in the background are vibrating back and forth as they pass, and the motion in general looks really rough. Does it look the same to you? And what screen are you watching it on?

You're complaining about several independant issues here:

That jerkiness is mainly because of the low framerate, that's 30fps or lower; it appears somewhat as a series of images rather than a smooth motion.

The most effective mitigation to that issue is to pair a high refresh rate with a high framerate. You do need faster pixel response times to keep up with the extra refreshes. Check out 100+FPS content instead of 24-30fps stuff! 144fps has 1/6'th of the jerkiness of 24fps. This is one of the main reasons for using a screen with a refresh rate that isn't low.

You can also interpolate video in real time to remove this problem from old and low frame rate media - https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Main_Page

---

Response time will cause some of the image doubling/ghosting effect with movement and that part does look terrible on your monitor compared to the ones that i've used, likely because of the VA panel and overdrive implementation; i'm currently using a TN to avoid that problem. If you can see three images on a recording of the screen then it sounds particularly poorly performing.
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2018-07-17 at 05:20 AM.

Deleted
    Have you tried using another cable?

Hi,

i found this topic while looking for solution for that kind of issue. I have a LG 34GK950F monitor which does kinda the same thing and I was wondering if someone found out the originl of that issue