Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I don't think the arrogance is in the "home" part so much as the assumption we'd win the finals.
    There was no assumption, again its just lyrics lol. We british have a certain humour that, yes, many others just don't understand. Even when we knew we "only" had to play sweden/croatia I honestly don't think any england fan genuinely believed we would win the whole thing. Slight chance perhaps but not a "it's 100% defo coming home". It's just a catchy song thats all.

Deleted
    Honestly, it's no joking matter. They were pretty close and they did last this long.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I mean you would need to be pessimistic to enjoy "We'll probably lose"
    I mean I don't have an issue with that side of things anyway, the trashing of IKEA stores after winning vs Sweden is the sort of thing I'd prefer we were suspended for; but FIFA is a piece of shit so w/e really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Sad thing, it's an American

You know the Nation that failed to even enter the World cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    There was no assumption, again its just lyrics lol. We british have a certain humour that, yes, many others just don't understand. Even when we knew we "only" had to play sweden/croatia I honestly don't think any england fan genuinely believed we would win the whole thing. Slight chance perhaps but not a "it's 100% defo coming home". It's just a catchy song thats all.
    I think the bottom line is that enough English football fans are viewed quite accurately as a bunch of cunts that the rest of them will just have to put up with everyone wanting us to lose, and taking great delight in mocking us when we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the few nights you might get a freebie in a Scottish pub.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I mean the whole Soccer Hooligan thing seems like it would be fun to go to a Pub and get Shit faced and get in brawls, but I just cant get into US sports let alone one where there are no scores.
    then don't watch, play it.

i'm serious, i have plenty of friend that don't like watching football on TV but love to play it. It's really fun to control the ball and try to do whatever you want with it, of course, never touching it with the hands, only feet and body.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dunhildas View Post

You are Americas bitch you dirty british twat. You are a has-been country, no one takes you seriously. You will never know where i live so pipe down and fuck off.

America say jump and you go "how high?".

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like someone is in need of some serious help, lot of rage issues......
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It's not ethical to expose people's faults. Only scumbags and bitches do that.
    The right thing would be to try to stop the behaviour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What's wrong with him buying a home? Please don't pry into others' lives and make judgements.

Quote Originally Posted by crusty nab View Post
    You are Americas bitch you dirty british twat. You are a has-been country, no one takes you seriously. You will never know where i live so pipe down and fuck off.

America say jump and you go "how high?".
    Jump coward.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    then don't watch, play it.

i'm serious, i have plenty of friend that don't like watching football on TV but love to play it. It's really fun to control the ball and try to do whatever you want with it, of course, never touching it with the hands, only feet and body.
    I'd have to be a Goalie so I could use my hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Jump coward.
    Ladies first.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I mean you would need to be pessimistic to enjoy "We'll probably lose"
    Also Three Lions is a song specifically addressing pessimism. It's about having hope despite never quite making it.

People hear one line of the song because it's easy to chant, but anyone who's actually listened to the song knows how down on England it is in parts. I mean the very first thing you hear in the song is Alan Hansen saying "I think it's bad news for the English game", followed by Des Lynam's "we're not creative enough, we're not positive enough".

It's not an arrogant song by any stretch of the imagination. It's saying - look we've been shit, but I know we can do better.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I'd have to be a Goalie so I could use my hands.
    as long as you're having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by crusty nab View Post
    Ladies first.
    Ladies first indeed so jump.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The bronze medal is coming home boys!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Ladies first indeed so jump.
    yeah ill jump and kneecap you right in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by dunhildas View Post

Sad thing, this guy is from England.

You know the Nation that failed at being a Nation so the USA had to save them in WW2.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

wow, 2 throw away accounts in this thread already swearing like little 13 year old boys behind the bikesheds smoking thinking they're literally the coolest thing on the planet.

mmo-c needs an autoban feature or auto-kick feature like WoW & LFR, if 20 people report your post the account is instantly banned.

to avoid abuse you need 500 posts to report someone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Sad thing, this guy is from England.

You know the Nation that failed at being a Nation so the USA had to save them in WW2.
    LOL, i see you didn't learn history, too much child rape and torture will do that i guess.

you watch any children being raped lately?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    wow, 2 throw away accounts in this thread already swearing like little 13 year old boys behind the bikesheds smoking thinking they're literally the coolest thing on the planet.

mmo-c needs an autoban feature or auto-kick feature like WoW & LFR, if 20 people report your post the account is instantly banned.

to avoid abuse you need 500 posts to report someone.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL, i see you didn't learn history, too much child rape and torture will do that i guess.

you watch any children being raped lately?
    Dont cry british twat, you has-been country, you need nuking.