Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Wait what? They schedule prepatchs around neckbeard losers that think lolpvp matters? lmao
    Considering part of it is to allow people to push final ratings for the Top 0.5% reward and stuff, it is likely. Also, if they aren't able to play while out of country they could allow them time to get back since it is a Blizzard hosted and advertised event and not some random event.

    There is nothing new in the pre-patch either except for scaling and legacy loot.

    Pre-Patch event is 1 week before BfA and pre-purchasers get that, everyone else has to wait for Day 1 of BfA.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Considering part of it is to allow people to push final ratings for the Top 0.5% reward and stuff, it is likely. Also, if they aren't able to play while out of country they could allow them time to get back since it is a Blizzard hosted and advertised event and not some random event.
    Who gives a flying crap about some children doing pvp?

    97% of the playerbase doesn't give a single fuck.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Who gives a flying crap about some children doing pvp?

    97% of the playerbase doesn't give a single fuck.
    To add from my previous quote

    There is nothing new in the pre-patch either except for scaling and legacy loot.

    Pre-Patch event is 1 week before BfA and pre-purchasers get that, everyone else has to wait for Day 1 of BfA.


    While the 97% thing might be true, there's really no reason to rush prepatch at all either.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    To add from my previous quote



    While the 97% thing might be true, there's really no reason to rush prepatch at all either.[/FONT]
    I agree that there is no reason to push it. Sadly they really didn't bother to do much with it.

    But the reasoning seems so strange to me if true.

  5. #125
    if they would actually just say a god damn date.. i would activate my account and level 1-2 alts to do some magetowers on them now... (if i had until the 24th). but like this... fuck them... no MAU numbers for you then mr blizzard. i could imagine that more people would think like me.

    i think the "you will not know when magetower goes away" kind of pressure turns more people away from pushing those last towers (if the accounts are inactive ofc) instead of getting them to sub again for a month. not everybody has unlimited time on their hands..


    edit: if we would have a date people could say "ok i take these two weeks because i have the most free time there" instead of "yoooo we are communicating so good with the community!!! look get your shit done because we will end it SOOOOOONNNN(TM)

  6. #126
    I wouldnt be surprise with an announcement in monday july 16th tbh, blizz has totally screwed up the dates for this expac.
    Last edited by Musta; 2018-07-13 at 12:23 AM.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    I wouldnt be surprise with an announcement in monday 6th tbh, blizz has totally screwed up the dates for this expac.
    Are you actually serious that you think a 1 week prepatch is possible? Or are you just being silly?

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by sheaebay View Post
    Are you actually serious that you think a 1 week prepatch is possible? Or are you just being silly?
    Technically a 0 day pre patch is possible and we could go straight from 7.3 to BFA launch in a single maintenance day but hey let's focus on traditions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezy Badger View Post
    Fucking joke of a moderator you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veshx View Post
    To be fair, this whole sites moderators are a joke.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by sheaebay View Post
    Are you actually serious that you think a 1 week prepatch is possible? Or are you just being silly?
    With this messed up planning they are showing so far, i doubt nothing.

    And i miswrote, i meant monday 16th july
    Last edited by Musta; 2018-07-13 at 12:22 AM.

  10. #130
    Warchief boyzma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In yer base, killing yer dudes
    Posts
    2,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Considering part of it is to allow people to push final ratings for the Top 0.5% reward and stuff, it is likely. Also, if they aren't able to play while out of country they could allow them time to get back since it is a Blizzard hosted and advertised event and not some random event.

    There is nothing new in the pre-patch either except for scaling and legacy loot.

    Pre-Patch event is 1 week before BfA and pre-purchasers get that, everyone else has to wait for Day 1 of BfA.
    Lol! No....when did you start playing? It has NEVER happened like that. Pre-patch.....ya know before the patch....for EVERYONE....not snowflakes who bought early....but EVERYONE. Sorry but it's never ever worked like that.

  11. #131
    has there ever been an end expansion where there were that much thing "to get before it's removed"? it's not just achievements, but unique transmogs

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Lol! No....when did you start playing? It has NEVER happened like that. Pre-patch.....ya know before the patch....for EVERYONE....not snowflakes who bought early....but EVERYONE. Sorry but it's never ever worked like that.
    So because you dislike a response you resort to attempting to insult. If it mattered I've played since Classic Alpha/Beta and been here for every pre-expansion. So yes, people who purchase early have gotten perks since WoD and it has worked like that again. Nice attempt at trying to say what you disagree with is wrong.

    Let's see things you get in a pre-patch that only pre-purchasers get that everyone gets on launch:

    WoD - Got you your 90 boost ahead of time
    Legion - Got you your 100 boost + Access to Demon Hunters
    BfA - Got you your 110 Boost + Allied Races and now the scenarios for Teladrassil / Lorderon.

    Where's a source on that you say? Well your boy Ion has dropped the news in an interview.

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "Then, for players who have purchased BfA, we’re thinking about a week before the expansion drops, you’ll be able to do the battle for Lordaeron scenario, in the same way people were able to do the battle for Broken Shore in advance of the Legion expansion. That will tell that piece of the story.
    Here's a handy link too.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    So because you dislike a response you resort to attempting to insult. If it mattered I've played since Classic Alpha/Beta and been here for every pre-expansion. So yes, people who purchase early have gotten perks since WoD and it has worked like that again. Nice attempt at trying to say what you disagree with is wrong.

    Let's see things you get in a pre-patch that only pre-purchasers get that everyone gets on launch:

    WoD - Got you your 90 boost ahead of time
    Legion - Got you your 100 boost + Access to Demon Hunters
    BfA - Got you your 110 Boost + Allied Races and now the scenarios for Teladrassil / Lorderon.

    Where's a source on that you say? Well your boy Ion has dropped the news in an interview.

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "Then, for players who have purchased BfA, we’re thinking about a week before the expansion drops, you’ll be able to do the battle for Lordaeron scenario, in the same way people were able to do the battle for Broken Shore in advance of the Legion expansion. That will tell that piece of the story.
    Here's a handy link too.
    Only Lordaeron, Teladrassil and all that comes with it is for everyone (and its a decent amount more then say... WoD's prepatch)

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Only Lordaeron, Teladrassil and all that comes with it is for everyone (and its a decent amount more then say... WoD's prepatch)
    The quests that go before it are 1-2 quests, not that much at all. WoD had more of a quest line than this will. The Horde version was literally 2 quests then scenario and the alliance I would imagine is same.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    The quests that go before it are 1-2 quests, not that much at all. WoD had more of a quest line than this will. The Horde version was literally 2 quests then scenario and the alliance I would imagine is same.
    I've done it 4 times, it's more than 1-2 quests, and a quite a bit more than wods. I'm not going to go do it a 5th time to count but it's at least 8 quests if not closer to 12 for horde.

    Talk to Sylv in UC
    Go meet Saurfang
    Attack Astranaar
    Set up that other city in Ashenvale
    Meet Sylv in Darkshore
    Do at least 3-4 quests of attacking things around darkshore
    Attack that nightelf city in Darkshore
    See the hidden scene of the burning

    And I know I missed a few.

    No reason to flat out lie about how many quests there is.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2018-07-13 at 01:04 AM.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    TBC Prepatch (2.0.1 Before the Storm) - Dec. 5, 2006
    TBC Release - Jan. 15, 2007
    42 Days

    Wrath Prepatch (3.0.2 Echoes of Doom) - Oct 14, 2008
    Wrath Release - Nov. 13, 2008
    30 Days

    Cata Prepatch (4.0.1 Cataclysm Systems Patch) - Oct. 12, 2010
    Cata Prepatch (4.0.3a The Shattering) - Nov. 23, 2010
    42 days

    Cata Launch - Dec. 7, 2010
    14 days
    56 days total

    MoP Prepatch (5.0.4 "Mists of Pandaria") - Aug. 28, 2012
    MoP Launch - Sept. 25, 2012
    28 Days

    Wod Prepatch (6.0.2 The Iron Tide) - Oct. 14, 2014
    WoD Launch - Nov. 13, 2014
    30 Days

    Legion Prepatch (7.0.3 "Legion") - July 19, 2016
    Legion Launch - Aug. 30, 2016
    42 Days

    Not really
    Yeah. i was hit with the same reply when i said that they have never released a pre-patch with less than 4 weeks. Then someone told me that Wod i think it was was only 3 weeks. Which again. You have proven here is a lie. Not once have we got a pre-patch shorter than 4 weeks

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I've done it 4 times, it's more than 1-2 quests, and a quite a bit more than wods. I'm not going to go do it a 5th time to count but it's at least 8 quests if not closer to 12 for horde.
    Are you counting the quests where you storm Stormwind because that's BfA? Where you have to go into the city to extract individuals that lead you to Zuldazar.

    Also, part of that was already in game from artifact retirement. I've quested through it a good amount of times too and only recall 2 that are specifically tied to that event. The rest either occurred or occur after. WoD actually had a quest line with rewards as well. If you can show me the quest line though with more than that then nice.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Are you counting the quests where you storm Stormwind because that's BfA? Where you have to go into the city to extract individuals that lead you to Zuldazar.

    Also, part of that was already in game from artifact retirement. I've quested through it a good amount of times too and only recall 2 that are specifically tied to that event. The rest either occurred or occur after. WoD actually had a quest line with rewards as well. If you can show me the quest line though with more than that then nice.
    Nope, only quests that occur in prepatch From talking to Sylv in UC to the hidden cinematic of the tree burning. If you did the prepatch quests on Beta, it WAS bugged for a bit and only gave you the second half though, which is attacking... Lor'whatever and the tree burning.

  19. #139
    The Lightbringer Oneirophobia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Ontario, CAN
    Posts
    3,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    And because of that, the game is now being targeted towards people like you, aren't you lucky!

    Yea, I am salty.
    Judging by the characters you have in your sig I'd say the game is being targeted towards people like you. Maybe you'll be able to retroactively clear heroic ToS by the end of BfA after they've dumbed down your chars for you. At least you cleared the easier raid at least once before it went irrelevant, or did you purchase a carry? It's hard to tell when your char has only been through heroic antorus twice.

    Props to you for citing tier bonuses being removed as a problem for you when you don't have a 4set on any of your chars outside LFR.

    Stay salty.

  20. #140

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •