Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Question Paladin Level Preparation!

Hello Beta testers out there,

just wanted to ask what are your Talent Tree suggestionts / Itemsuggestions for Leveling in BFA ?
    Got the idea to ask, while i saw an warlock video with kind of the same topic.

My idea is leveling as Holy Paladin, but i think it will be better if i start as tank.

I will pick as much of Gliders as i can carry and some pots (got 3k)

thanks

Vebi

3k pots to level up 10 levels?
    are you ok?

10+ Year Old Account
    I prepare by completely emptying my bags. No need for anything during leveling, especially as prot. There's no downtime for health or mana you just keep on trucking.

Quote Originally Posted by Vebi View Post
    My idea is leveling as Holy Paladin, but i think it will be better if i start as tank.
    I will go as retri dealing 5 times more damage than you in holy and prot.

Deleted
    Still cannot decide upon ret or prot for leveling purposes.
    Ret deals more damage and should be the go to , however with one ranged attack only and the terribad mobility + given the fact that for half the q-s u will only need to tag mobs that gonna be attacked by dozens of armed to the teeth players simultaneously i am tempted to go as prot throughing my shields and judges around and move forward although the downside to that is that most probs u will end up getting surrounded by a gazillion of mobs that other players will simply dot or w/e and u will need to finish off. In the end of the day maybe the best thing to do is find a good team of players and lvl as a party.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    3k pots to level up 10 levels?
    are you ok?
    5 months ago i bought around 6k because i thought i will spend them - seems like i will not do it ^^

I actually think prot is the best option. Its like the "allrounder" and u do decent dmg too!

Quote Originally Posted by Vebi View Post
    I actually think prot is the best option. Its like the "allrounder" and u do decent dmg too!
    As a ret on beta I would say IF you are 870 going into BFA this might be your best option, if you are 925+ currently on live you will be wasting time as prot. I demolished 110-116 in NO time without changing a single piece of gear. As for prep, its been said here, empty bags of useless stuff, I keep a stock of a few pots, a few flasks and a few food buffs. There is no need for anything else really. Also the reusable rune from Legion and the reusable flask from Broken Isles both still work so unless they drop those as usable, you can use those as well for a small boost to stats.
    Last edited by Element; 2018-07-12 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Element View Post
    As a ret on beta I would say IF you are 870 going into BFA this might be your best option, if you are 925+ currently on live you will be wasting time as prot. I demolished 110-116 in NO time without changing a single piece of gear. As for prep, its been said here, empty bags of useless stuff, I keep a stock of a few pots, a few flasks and a few food buffs. There is no need for anything else really. Also the reusable rune from Legion and the reusable flask from Broken Isles both still work so unless they drop those as usable, you can use those as well for a small boost to stats.
    those reusable flasks will probably be tiny amounts of stats after squish.

Bear Tartare for the run speed on kills should still prove useful

levling as ret. Bear Tartare, pots, legendary boots and Rethu's Incessant Courage for movement speed? (Cause ret lack mobility)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still waiting on my guild to tell me what I am maining, but if it's holy pally again, I will level as ret and burn through all the stacks of consumables I have left over from Legion as I go. I think prot works ok but it's less optimal for general purpose leveling. No matter what class I am assigned, I plan to use cons legion auto pilot.
    Last edited by time0ut; 2018-07-13 at 11:44 AM.

Stack up on goblin gliders if you are horde.

Edit: oops, you already said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anufis View Post
    I will go as retri dealing 5 times more damage than you in holy and prot.
    Well no, you won't. Maybe double?

10+ Year Old Account
    Bear Tartare will start to fall off bit by bit as you level until it stops working entirely by 116 I think.

If you don't have it, I suggest getting the Aggramar's Stride boots and the Rethu's Incessant Courage belt for movement speed if you wanna go fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am curious as to whether or not Prot is better at leveling. I've kept my head buried in the ground avoiding even the leveling experience but if it's anything like Legion then the shear ability to stack and burn felt really efficient for all the tank classes.

Guess we'll see. I'm fine with milking the flail usage.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    those reusable flasks will probably be tiny amounts of stats after squish.
    It actually still scales pretty well after the squish. The Warlords one is roughly as powerful as well if you still have that instead. If you somehow died and had it on its 15m cd, you could swap them around for maximum free stats.

Use any extra flasks or potions you have before they stop being any good. Speed stat from Bear Tartare falls off very quickly but Ret's slow as shit so anything is helpful.

Spec for lowest possible downtime and convenience. Don't just use your raid talents for world quests either. This is what a lot of people do, not just leveling. It's bad for you.

Also delete/vendor/bank every fucking thing you will not absolutely need. Delete your hearthstone if you have a toy that has the same effect. Every bagslot is important when leveling as you'll pick up heaps and heaps of shit. Honestly the most fun of a new expansion for me is the day before it goes live and clean out my bags of all my shit. It's liberating.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Spec for lowest possible downtime and convenience. Don't just use your raid talents for world quests either. This is what a lot of people do, not just leveling. It's bad for you.
    I make this mistake every single expansion. I will get to 1-2 levels under max level before remembering that there is 0 point having a min/maxed sim build based around huge wings. usually around the point that I realise I havent used wings for 3 days because stuff is dying so quick. Will watch this space after pre-patch to see what people reckon solid levelling build is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanbane View Post
    I make this mistake every single expansion. I will get to 1-2 levels under max level before remembering that there is 0 point having a min/maxed sim build based around huge wings. usually around the point that I realise I havent used wings for 3 days because stuff is dying so quick. Will watch this space after pre-patch to see what people reckon solid levelling build is.
    For leveling it'll likely be:

Zeal(fire and forget).

Blade of Wrath or Hammer of Wrath(Hammer could be more useful due to it being available a lot more since you'll get mobs to 20% threshold quite often).

Anything for third row.

Divine Judgement with Tier 21, or Consecration otherwise(since you can control where mobs stand while leveling).

Cavalier(more pony charges to get to places/mob packs quicker).

Anything(likely Word of Glory).

Inquisition(ideally with Highlord ring so you can also use Divine Purpose up to 116) or just DP if you don't mind not having the haste/damage buff.
    Last edited by Ryuji; 2018-07-16 at 06:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

If your profession is JC, I recommend making +5% Exp gems, since these can stack if you have enough socket gear available

Quote Originally Posted by Nystromia View Post
    If your profession is JC, I recommend making +5% Exp gems, since these can stack if you have enough socket gear available
    I think those were made unique in one of the latest patches.
    Still 100% worth to have one though.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!