Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    And you might want to brush up on reality, I'm just saying what Ion said, and guess what else he has said, that there are absolutely no plans to add high elves. Get over it lol
    Lol having no plans right now doesn't mean no plans in the future. you really should start paying attention to how the world works more

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I wish I could play my worgen on human form, I love the voice acting for human gilneans so much more than for SW humans.
    That would be fantastic and also something I recall Ion mentionig of doing in a BfA interview with the toggle maybe becoming optional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    There’s a Megathread for these kinds of topics. Please use that instead of cluttering up the forums. You’re not getting High Elves no matter the form.

Unless you count blue eyed Horde-aligned Blood Elves.
    To be fair the Megathread has been merrily falling it's way down the pages for the past month or so and should hopefully be buried once patch 8.0 launches, these forums are merged into general and everyone has a million better things to do or talk about.

Last thing this defunct, talked out topic needs is a boost.

I could literally use the exact same logic with you, having no plans now doesn't mean there will be in the future, and in fact I'm more likely to be right because Blizzard themselves have said why this won't happen. And it's just common sense, do you really think Blizzard would give Alliance a model that looks EXACTLY like BLood Elves aside from Eye color? Void elves are already pretty damn close but anymore would just be pissing off Horde players. You really should start paying attention to how the world works more
    XD grow up kid, and realize that elves belong to the alliance along with humans and dwarves. There is no use arguing about it, that's how it is. Get this through your head.

Blizzard will find a way to asspull more elves, don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Blizzard will find a way to asspull more elves, don't worry.
    I would actually be happy with the ones we got, if only void elves were done properly with having an option like Alleria :P

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Because Night Elves are TOTALLY NOT elves, right ?
    Night Elves are gross. They're lumpy, huge, and can only have clown colors for hair and skin. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    I would actually be happy with the ones we got, if only void elves were done properly with having an option like Alleria :P
    Well there was a talk about that at Blizzcon that you would be to transform like Worgens, but out of Voidfrom, but guess that was dropped.
    AftermathhUI: @ WoWinterface
    Dirty Twist: @ Soundcloud

10+ Year Old Account
    What they should have done:

Make Void elves like Worgen, where out of combat they can have a high elf form (you know, like... Alleria, their leader) and in combat have them switch to their void elf form.

That would have satisfied high elf wanters (well, at least more than now) and yet kept them separate from the horde, as they'd never interact in a meaningful (i.e combat) manner and therefore be easy to tell apart.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Aftermathhqt View Post
    Well there was a talk about that at Blizzcon that you would be to transform like Worgens, but out of Voidfrom, but guess that was dropped.
    That would have been fantastic, just what is needed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    What they should have done:

Make Void elves like Worgen, where out of combat they can have a high elf form (you know, like... Alleria, their leader) and in combat have them switch to their void elf form.

That would have satisfied high elf wanters (well, at least more than now) and yet kept them separate from the horde, as they'd never interact in a meaningful (i.e combat) manner and therefore be easy to tell apart.
    That would also work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aftermathhqt View Post
    That was misunderstood. They said there would be a special void form in combat, that is the racial entropic embrace which periodically procs and makes it look like you're in void form regardless of class.

Void Elves were always intended to look like Void Elves to provide thematic space between them and playable Blood/High Elves.

Struck a nerve did I
    nope, I'm telling you how it is

Well, actually let's put it this way - you want high elves, I'm telling you it's not happening. Right now they aren't in the game and there is no evidence to say they will be. I am correct here, you are not.
    you are wrong thinking that. you have no idea how fantasy works. just by that fact itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I could play my worgen on human form, I love the voice acting for human gilneans so much more than for SW humans.
    Oh, I am so so so agreeing there. I was cheering when the bug happened during the first few weeks. You weren't transformed and it was selective until Blizzard was like, 'yeah, that is sorta a big, but hey! It is fixed now!'.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Just let the high elf ideas go already for fucks sake. Stop this.

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    And doing the same shit everyone else has been doing is boring and unoriginal.
    Yeah, painting an elf blue avoids this "boring and unoriginal" turn of events.

Not.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

10+ Year Old Account
    Void Elves are just a wasted opportunity. Instead of making it a silly race, they could have been a Void caster class, available to all races that know how to deal with magic. It would make sense lorewise that some people would be interested in learning about void magic and not just an elite clique of Blood Elves.

Then again, there would still be threads of people whining, with titles like: "WTF blizz we asked for Necromancers not Void casters" etc.

Okay, tell me why I'm wrong
    I just told you. you have no idea how fantasy works. Elf, human and dwarf is a staple that can not be broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Yeah, painting an elf blue avoids this "boring and unoriginal" turn of events.

Not.
    I didn't say I liked void elves. I really dislike elves in general, but it was fine when there was only blood elves and night elves.

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    I didn't say I liked void elves. I really dislike elves in general, but it was fine when there was only blood elves and night elves.
    A problem also arises with there being 3 dark-ish elves and just he blood elf to cope. this upsets the balance.

- - - Updated - - -

And reinventing fantasy staples to make things less stale is also how fantasy works.
    Reinvent the right way and its good. Reinvent the wrong way everything is gets worse. This is an example of reinventing the wrong way.

Deleted
    Yes, i agree High elves would've been better, but we don't get consulted. We are not the devs. All we can do is leave feedback/list our wishes and vote with our wallets. The devs make the game they want. They wanted Void elves and that's that.

A bucket was already kicked and they said no. They know a lot of people want them but they don't. Nothing we can do.