Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
  1. #141
    Over 9000! prwraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    the stars
    Posts
    9,789
    Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    there is a difference between getting what you said out, and correcting some minor mistakes later. you will learn this lesson as your life progresses.
    Really sticking to that holier than thou attitude eh? Well at least you're committed

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    night elves are dark elves, I'm talking about standard high elves.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Good point, but they are purified thoroughly, even down to blue eye color.
    They could even offer up treatment to blood elves which said elves then refuse.
    and since they are already kicked out, might as well just stick around with alliance.
    Umm... Since getting the sun well back at the end of tbc, the blood elves have gotten their original font of power to suckle from again. The reason they have green is due to absorbing fel energy. Seeing how the sun well is actually light energy now and not arcane, blood elves should get yellow eyes and not blue eyes (which they are getting in bfa). So to "purify them thoroughly" would still make blood elves but with yellow eyes and not blue.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    But as already stated, BY BLIZZARD, if you wan to play a high elf, play Horde

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also what do you even mean by dark elves? Night Elves and Nightborne aren't dark? Do you mean literal skin tone?
    They are dark elves as in having somethign to do with darkness, void and/or night - the trope fits.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by LupinRaedwulf View Post
    Umm... Since getting the sun well back at the end of tbc, the blood elves have gotten their original font of power to suckle from again. The reason they have green is due to absorbing fel energy. Seeing how the sun well is actually light energy now and not arcane, blood elves should get yellow eyes and not blue eyes (which they are getting in bfa). So to "purify them thoroughly" would still make blood elves but with yellow eyes and not blue.
    The purification process could be arcane in nature and that would solve the problem. They could also have purple or dark blue eyes because of void corruption or whatnot - the possibilities of small nuances are endless after the ally gets proper elves.

  4. #144
    Field Marshal Axigar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Cambridge UK
    Posts
    98
    Wow this OP....

    Name = Douchey
    Signature = Douchier
    Post topic = Whiney
    Replies to other posters = Rude

    1 year member btw...

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Axigar View Post
    Wow this OP....

    Name = Douchey
    Signature = Douchier
    Post topic = Whiney
    Replies to other posters = Rude

    1 year member btw...
    thanks for your douchey comment and for demonstrating your ability to count from 2015 to 2018- enjoy your banned time
    Last edited by BanHammer; 2018-07-12 at 01:54 PM.

  6. #146
    Someone should merge this with this one


    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ion-Megathread
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  7. #147
    High Overlord Ornith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    your mom's boudoir
    Posts
    198
    If all those high elf-whiners received a dollar for every high elf thread, they could've alrdy afford themselves their own World of Elfcraft game by now.

  8. #148
    Sorry but I find this fucking hilerious some guy mentions High Elves the usualy suspect anti's appear and keep the thread alive its so fucking ironic not only that but people are completely ignoring what these pieces of trash have to say, too good too good.

    Also OP you're wasting your time here this forums not the place for any of these discussions as it mostly caters to Horde players even if they claim not too be Good Luck.

    Quote Originally Posted by suilea View Post
    Why isn't there an option for hiding all those stupid high elf threads? Obvious trolling is obvious and people's obsession with those blue-eyed blood elves is sooo annoying.
    LOL omfg the irony your sig and avatar makes what you said completely irrelevant.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Sorry but I find this fucking hilerious some guy mentions High Elves the usualy suspect anti's appear and keep the thread alive its so fucking ironic not only that but people are completely ignoring what these pieces of trash have to say, too good too good.

    Also OP you're wasting your time here this forums not the place for any of these discussions as it mostly caters to Horde players even if they claim not too be Good Luck.



    LOL omfg the irony your sig and avatar makes what you said completely irrelevant.
    I'm mainly testing the waters here :P
    Just find it hilarious that it is not even as a completely new race this time but merely an added design for an already existing one. And they still can't handle it xD

  10. #150

  11. #151
    Purified Void Elves would be Blood Elves.

    Also Void Elves should have never been added in.

  12. #152
    Over 9000! prwraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    the stars
    Posts
    9,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I want more voidier Void Elves please.
    I would actually like void elves to be more voidy :P

  13. #153
    I think every High Elf fan is missing one major thing Blizzard is attempting to imply (or even outrightly state) - there will be no High Elves as we know them.

    Blizzard seems intent on reverting from as much of typical fantasy races as possible. They started with stanard humans, orcs, dwarves, elves, etc. as we know them in other franchises. Except over time, starting around W2 and elaborating in W3 and further in WoW they tried to change the archetypes as much as possible:

    W3 introduced Night Elves, a variation of elves that still love nature, but they aren't fair-skinned lithe beings, instead they are tall, strong, darkskinned druidic race. Additionally, with dark-skinned elves being usually associated with evil (i.e. Drow), they made them actually the opposite, even though they lore-wise prefer darkness of the night.

    Orcs turned from being dumb brutes into honourable beings who were used by the demons instead of being evil on their own accord.

    Trolls aren't fat, large and stupid, instead they are wily, agile and cunning beings who practice magical arts and voodoo; also they represent one of races that have greater diversity and amount to a large percentage of world's population.

    I assume too much was already established for humans, dwarves or gnomes in earlier incarnations of Warcraft universe, but still all 3 races received the history of being descendants of machine- or golem-like beings created by titans, later only transformed into beings of flesh.

    Elves, being probably one of the most popular fantasy races, knowing there are usually plenty of variations of them in various franchises and universes, were actually quite easy to modify. The first-to-be High Elves have become Blood Elves in the TBC - at this point the idea of most elves being typical treehugging goody-two-shoes was gone; main elven races are supposed to be Blood and Night Elves - Blizz decided not to kill off or change all High Elves for whatever reason, but they had no itention to make them playable.

    Come allied races, they allowed cross-faction subraces. Alliance got Void Elves, a group of Blood Elves that are shunned by their brethren and taken under wings of one of few remaining non-Night Alliance-affiliated elves before they destroyed themselves; Horde gets Nightborne, a group of former Night Elves that decided to separate themselves from others, similarly as once-High-now-Blood Elves did, and suffer from similar fate - magic addiction.

    Lots of words, most people won't probably read it so let me get to TL;DR part - I would definetely expect more elves to show up as allied races (Darkfallen San'layn come to mind), or maybe even something else similar to Void Elves (that seem like a quick idea that wasn't thought through, even if it probably was). But I would not expect them to ever give playable High Elves the way they are in other games/franchises because they literally do not want to have such elves in their world.

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    Yeah another way to get high elves: purify the void elves of their corrupted state and turn them back to being outwardly high elves somehow.
    Alleria looks just fine outwardly, she wasn't hit with the emo hair and skin so theoretically there should be a way.

    Blizzard had a great opportunity: Instead of the void elf asspull they could have introduced Nightborne to the horde and High Elves to the Alliance.
    Now that they blew this opportunity however, another way should be found.

    Edit for clarity: No new race is needed just a switching option for the void elf race which they can utilize to veil themselves to look like regular high elves.
    A purified Void Elf would be a Blood Elf. The game already has Blood Elves, and Blood Elves are quite literally High Elves...or what's left of the High Elf population after 90% of it was wiped out. The name Blood Elf was just a name change.
    SW:ToR Referral code for 7 free days of play: http://www.swtor.com/r/kyRr8Z

    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are Stupid

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    A purified Void Elf would be a Blood Elf. The game already has Blood Elves, and Blood Elves are quite literally High Elves...or what's left of the High Elf population after 90% of it was wiped out. The name Blood Elf was just a name change.
    they don't need to be blood elves, as I said in many posts already they can simply be ren'dorei with dark blue purple or wahtever eyes but with high elf aesthetics.

    Its even in my first post: Edit for clarity: No new race is needed just a switching option for the void elf race which they can utilize to veil themselves to look like regular high elves.
    Last edited by BanHammer; 2018-07-12 at 03:02 PM.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    They are dark elves as in having somethign to do with darkness, void and/or night - the trope fits.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The purification process could be arcane in nature and that would solve the problem. They could also have purple or dark blue eyes because of void corruption or whatnot - the possibilities of small nuances are endless after the ally gets proper elves.
    The general idea behind purification is usually portrayed with a religious background. In wow you could say that purification could fall under any class that could heal because they all have a belief in some sort of higher power (the light, nature and elements). Arcane is all about power. It has never been about purification, it has been about altering and stealing (spell steal). Blood elves are to proud of a race to have anyone tamper with themselves. The sole reason they had blue eyes was because the sunwell was a arcane based. They drew upon the sunwell to feed their addictions. Again, the sunwell isn't arcane base anymore, it is holy based (go run the sunwell raid, spoilers, they throw a purified naaru into the well). Blood elves are high elves in every aspect except eyes and name.

    If you want high elves, the horde is waiting for you.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by LupinRaedwulf View Post
    The general idea behind purification is usually portrayed with a religious background. In wow you could say that purification could fall under any class that could heal because they all have a belief in some sort of higher power (the light, nature and elements). Arcane is all about power. It has never been about purification, it has been about altering and stealing (spell steal). Blood elves are to proud of a race to have anyone tamper with themselves. The sole reason they had blue eyes was because the sunwell was a arcane based. They drew upon the sunwell to feed their addictions. Again, the sunwell isn't arcane base anymore, it is holy based (go run the sunwell raid, spoilers, they throw a purified naaru into the well). Blood elves are high elves in every aspect except eyes and name.

    If you want high elves, the horde is waiting for you.
    Arcane could very well be used to purify the void, remove curse existed as an arcane spell. By that definition your argument that it can not be used to purify something is invalid.
    Arcane could be used to remove Light, Void or anything else for that matter, it reorders existence to a small degree - that's how portals work by the way.

    That aside, as I said already in this thread, I play a blood elf too apart from all the other races, the high elf fantasy needs to be taken a step further - into the alliance to be precise however.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •