10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like Red Alert 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Old westwood games:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petroglyph_Games

Who needs EA?
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CatsNeverDie View Post
    I think the numbers are clearer to these larger companies more than us fans. If the RTS did that well, then I guess EA would have invested in a proper C&C. Right now the money seems to be in the mobile space rather than proper RTS games. So it seems like a distant dream.
    Even if it is: They could make a C&C game like Advance Wars, but I bet its more like a Clash of Clans clone instead.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Even if it is: They could make a C&C game like Advance Wars, but I bet its more like a Clash of Clans clone instead.
    They are going where they can make the most money it seems.

We can only wait :/

Quote Originally Posted by CatsNeverDie View Post
    They are going where they can make the most money it seems.
    Yep. It's no longer "Make the most money with the best game possible."
    These days it's just "Make the most money with the best game possible."

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Yep. It's no longer "Make the most money with the best game possible."
    These days it's just "Make the most money with the best game possible."
    Sadly that has become the reality

I don't think many people would enjoy a new C&C game by EA though. Content would be hidden behind a paywall, and new vehicles, structures & training would be unlockable via loot crates.

People keep throwing money at EA, which reinforces their business model. Then the rest wonder why we can't have nice things anymore.

The only hope would be a triple-A military RTS from another company ...

Can? Whenever.
    Will? Never.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Check out Stardock's Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation. It's a really solid RTS. I play it quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    People keep throwing money at EA, which reinforces their business model. Then the rest wonder why we can't have nice things anymore.
    It's even worse than that. It's non-gamer sports fans foolishly throwing all their money into Fifa Ultimate Team et al that is protecting EA from suffering the consequences of their shitty anti-consumer practices. That and to a lesser extent the fratbros that snap up CAWADOODY every year. We can boycott all we like, but their stock price is up 500% in 5 years and you look at their profits and 90% of them are literally MTX.