View Poll Results: Should the United States bring its armies home?

Voters
90. This poll is closed
  • Yes

41 45.56%
  • No

49 54.44%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Really? Why would a country thirsting for world power move in to a vacuum left by the United States' withdrawing? Because they want to. And because they can. China created an island in order to project more power and influence.
    u-huh. Good story I rate 7/5, will read again. But whatever you wanna think to make yourself feel happy friend.
    Last edited by Ozzyorcborne; 2018-07-13 at 07:56 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    u-huh. Good story I rate 7/5, will read again. But whatever you wanna think to make yourself feel happy friend.
    Lol - you really don't think China - CHINA - has imperial ambitions? And you're not aware of the island they created? How long have you been asleep?

You are adorable.

Omg - you actually edited that response - LOL - that means this is a result of you thinking. Or trying to.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Lol - you really don't think China - CHINA - has imperial ambitions? And you're not aware of the island they created? How long have you been asleep?

You are adorable.

Omg - you actually edited that response - LOL - that means this is a result of you thinking. Or trying to.
    Actually I was fixing a typo. Look man, just wrap yourself in the flag and sing the star spangled banner. The whole point of the thread was to ask if the US needs to bring its troops home from all the places its trying to "help" with its brand of "democracy". You derailed it with this China thing. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you'd see the point of it but i can see you have a one track mind, like typical Americans. Nothing more to see here and nothing more to be gained by responding to you.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    The whole point of the thread was to ask if the US needs to bring its troops home from all the places its trying to "help" with its brand of "democracy". You derailed it with this China thing.
    OMG you are seriously the cutest.

I answered the thread question, and gave my reason - YOU asked me why. YOU "derailed" it, if it was at all. If giving reasons behind an answer is "derailing" - well, you've got more on your learning plate we thought.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you'd see the point of it but i can see you have a one track mind, like typical Americans.
    No, you weren't. You made assumptions about me based on your crazy interpretation of what I said, combined with your complete lack of knowledge of the world (you seriously tried to argue that China - CHINA - doesn't have world ambitions - so fucking adorable). Your "benefit of the doubt" was really you just pushing your stupidity.

Nothing more to see here and nothing more to be gained by responding to you.
    Of course not. How could there be? You are utterly clueless on this topic, and make rash assumptions based on little to no information. And you didn't even know China was building islands. I mean - this isn't even willful ignorance - you're just ignorant.

If you want to discuss my reasons for my answer, just ask. But please stop embarrassing yourself. We're all about to piss ourselves from laughing so hard.

It's an imperative that the US war machine be dismantled as thoroughly and quickly as possible, yes. This means not just uprooting the US's worldwide presence but drastically cutting military spending and ending our barbaric arms deals across the world. Unfortunately no one in power has any interest in doing this - Trump ostensibly wants to pare down our foreign military commitments but is just using the threat of such as a cudgel to try and extract money, and of course the Trump Republicans have zero interest in cutting military spending and growth.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure Putin would be very happy if the US withdrew its military bases around the world. In the vacuum of power, they'd easily sweep in and set up their own world police operations.

People seem to believe that if the US just vacates its positions around the world, that everything will just go back to being nice and calm and peaceful. These same people are completely ignorant of the struggle of power going on between the EU and US with Russia and China.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    What didn't we have in the 30s that we have now? Hint. starts with an N

Whats wrong with wanting to be left the f alone, and in return we do the same?

F this ungrateful , whining , complaining world. No longer do they deserve 1 single drop of American blood . Not one.

A wall of nuclear threat girding the Americas, and we watch while everyone else tears themselves apart.
    In all of your edge, you forgot just how much the US relies on pretty much every single region in the world for natural resources. If you're all for isolation, I hope you're willing to give up a lot of standards of living.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    In all of your edge, you forgot just how much the US relies on pretty much every single region in the world for natural resources. If you're all for isolation, I hope you're willing to give up a lot of standards of living.
    Global supply chains are fake news to Trump supporters. They seem to legitimately believe that God gave America everything it needed to be rich and prosperous forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Investing in a country that has such a radically different view of fundamental principles of your society like human rights, to the point that they run concentration camps and use slave labor, qualifies as a betrayal. I don't see the appeal of living in moral-relativism-run-amok nightmare world, unless you are a radical ancap of the 'what if the 6 year old consents' variety. We live in a society.
    How idealistic of you. Still doesn't change the fact that the UK(and the US etc.) likes to buy their oil from saudi arabia. So in your version of the world every western country betrays itself? Nope, it may betray the moral code of it's citizens, but in no way or form does it betray the entity of the state. Betrayal of state is rigidly defined in the law. Read it.