Make a Close Thread Button for OP

Instead of waiting for a mod to close a thoroughly discussed topic, the OP and only the OP could simply close it.
    This would take away unnecessary moderating time away from the mods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, it's not up to the OP whether a topic is done being discussed or not. Sure it's different if they just asked a question or something that's definitely answered but most threads aren't just a binary question.

It'd only get abused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make limited time polls close automatically is my suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Nah, it's not up to the OP whether a topic is done being discussed or not. Sure it's different if they just asked a question or something that's definitely answered but most threads aren't just a binary question.

It'd only get abused.
    But precisely if a question is answered or discussed thoroughly, this button woudl help greatly.
    The benefits greatly outweigh the drawbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    But precisely if a question is answered or discussed thoroughly, this button woudl help greatly.
    The benefits greatly outweigh the drawbacks.
    I disagree - seeing someone start a stupid thread followed by a few pages of deserved mockery is good for the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I disagree - seeing someone start a stupid thread followed by a few pages of deserved mockery is good for the community.
    Yet its better to strengthen the good parts of the community instead of the bad ones. Doing evil can never be good :P

Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    Yet its better to strengthen the good parts of the community instead of the bad ones. Doing evil can never be good :P
    That's right - we must stop the evil of idiotic forum topics.

(edit to clarify - I wasn't trying to imply yours is idiotic )
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    That's right - we must stop the evil of idiotic forum topics.

(edit to clarify - I wasn't trying to imply yours is idiotic )
    Yep, if idiotic comments from ignorant people overflow on a good thread, its good to close it so as to avoid any unnecessary hassle - that is another facet.
    Oh, not implying that your comment is idiotic either

There are just too many ways that ability could and definitely would be abused. For the occasional thread where a question is asked and answered normally the thread will fall off pretty quickly because most people don't keep replying, in the rarer case of something is answered but people keep posting for reasons the thread can be reported for a close and we'll look and see if it does actually need to be closed.