Deleted

Simple @mouseover macro doesnt work with Guardian spirt, Light of T'uure, etc

Hello, Im having some trouble with a very simple macro, perhaps someone could help?

I use a basic mouseover macro for most of my healing spells that works fine.
    Code:
    #showtooltip Flash Heal
    /cast [@mouseover] Flash Heal
    However for a few spells it doesnt work. The result of pressing the key assigned to this macro with the mouse cursor over my player / party / raid frame is that the cursor outline changes to blue and I either have to cancell the spell by pressing escape or left clicking a frame at which point the spells casts instantly.
    Code:
    #showtooltip Light of T'uure(Artifact)
    /cast [@mouseover] Light of T'uure(Artifact)
    The spells im most interested in getting this to work with, are GS, Light of T'uure and leap of faith. Im currently testing this macro with no addons enabled.

Cheers for any help in advance and sorry if im doing something really dumb.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gorby View Post
    Hello, Im having some trouble with a very simple macro, perhaps someone could help?

I use a basic mouseover macro for most of my healing spells that works fine.
    Code:
    #showtooltip Flash Heal
    /cast [@mouseover] Flash Heal
    However for a few spells it doesnt work. The result of pressing the key assigned to this macro with the mouse cursor over my player / party / raid frame is that the cursor outline changes to blue and I either have to cancell the spell by pressing escape or left clicking a frame at which point the spells casts instantly.
    Code:
    #showtooltip Light of T'uure(Artifact)
    /cast [@mouseover] Light of T'uure(Artifact)
    The spells im most interested in getting this to work with, are GS, Light of T'uure and leap of faith. Im currently testing this macro with no addons enabled.

Cheers for any help in advance and sorry if im doing something really dumb.
    Try:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][] SpellNameHere

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Try:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][] SpellNameHere

Cheers, unfortunately the same thing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by gorby View Post
    Cheers, unfortunately the same thing happens.
    The cursor thing tends to happen most commonly if your target dies or gets out of range.
    Put this at the end of the macro:
    /stopspelltarget

It prevents the cursor outline. It also prevents use of reticles for targeted aoe spells like Holy Word: Sanctify, so dont use it for spells like that, only single target spells.
    Last edited by Immortalnite; 2018-07-12 at 05:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortalnite View Post
    The cursor thing tends to happen most commonly if your target dies or gets out of range.
    Put this at the end of the macro:
    /stopspelltarget

It prevents the cursor outline. It also prevents use of reticles for targeted aoe spells like Holy Word: Sanctify, so dont use it for spells like that, only single target spells.
    Interesting, thanks. Still no joy though.
    My main test is just on me (the top left player unit frame on the default ui) so it shouldn't be a range issue. I tested it anyway though.

Gonna give up and just use clique soon, as that seems to be the only way I can get around this. I dont really want to though, as I have never used it. I have been on a bit of a break, but, I'm sure I macro'ed this before in the same way in cata with no problem.

Are you using a mouse button for those keybinds? If so that could be it. Took me a while to figure out why mouse button 4 refused to cast dispel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Are you using a mouse button for those keybinds? If so that could be it. Took me a while to figure out why mouse button 4 refused to cast dispel.
    I was initially, then I learned about that issue. I have xmouse and have mapped F11 / F12 to mouse 4/5.
    However, despite my knowing that this is working, (other spells macro'ed to these buttons are no problem) for the purposes of testing I just mapped it to a 'normal' key.

- - - Updated - - -

Could it *still* be an addon issue if all of my addons are disabled?

Well Leap of faith can't be self cast, but Guardian Spirit and Light of T'uure can be self cast. I always use the below macro for all my mouseover macros.

Code:
    #Showtooltip
    /use [@mouseover,help][help][@player] Flash heal
    /Stopspelltarget
    This code checks for a friendly mouseover, then for a friendly target then self casts of all else fails. I also have found that binding macros to mouse keys often makes them not work, but Clique usually will fix that. Lastly try making a custom group with the group finding. It will give you a group unit frame to test on in case the primary unit frame doesnt work with mouseovers (I usually always have a self cast in my macros, so I have never tested a mouseover on the primary unit frame)
    Last edited by Immortalnite; 2018-07-12 at 11:10 PM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always use this macro on all my healers

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,exists] [@target,help,nodead] [@targettarget,help,nodead] [@player] Soothing Mist
    Change Soothing Mist to any one of your healing spells, so you just need to over your mouse on any of your party members and use the macro. What this does is cast, in this case, Soothing Mist on my mouseover whatever it may be; if I'm not mouseovering any player, it casts the spell on the player I'm targeting; if there's no one as my target, it casts on myself.

See if this one works on your case