Deleted

Leveling 110-120

Hey Guys,

I made my decision, in BFA I will be rocking the hunter. I will mainly play Marksmanship, but if the difference between the specs (PvE-wise) are too big, I will switch to BM. I was wondering what te fastest leveling spec is. I think that Beast Mastery will be the way to go. I will be leveling with one of my friends though. And what Talents are you going to use for leveling (PvP & Regular Talents)?

Quote Originally Posted by Asselity View Post
    Hey Guys,

I made my decision, in BFA I will be rocking the hunter. I will mainly play Marksmanship, but if the difference between the specs (PvE-wise) are too big, I will switch to BM. I was wondering what te fastest leveling spec is. I think that Beast Mastery will be the way to go. I will be leveling with one of my friends though. And what Talents are you going to use for leveling (PvP & Regular Talents)?
    If the difference between specs ends up being too big, it'll probably favor MM rather than BM. For some reason all the hunters start crying if BM is ever the top spec, so there's a status quo to be maintained and Blizzard seems quite good at maintaining that, of all things.

MM is terrible for questing, damage takes too long to get going. BM you can solo pretty much anything, but there's no burst, which means you need to pull big to be efficient. SV has good front-loaded damage which is great for the weak mobs you find while questing and also amazing regen that means you can just keep going, amazing at finding things one by one and killing things one by one.

Leveling with a friend means anything can work, though. The content is not challenging for a single person, nothing poses a threat to two players. If you want to go fast, SV, but between the time lost coordinating with your friend and the time gained by dividing the work, it won't make much of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Asselity View Post
    Hey Guys,

imo marks w/ pet is best for leveling. cheap arcane/multi shots make for quick pulling, barrage and piercing shot make for great aoe, and aimed shot hits like a truck for blowing up single targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellithe View Post
    For some reason all the hunters start crying if BM is ever the top spec, so there's a status quo to be maintained and Blizzard seems quite good at maintaining that, of all things.
    For some reason, all the BMs start crying if they can't have infinite mobility, a pet to tank (since they can't kite or conceive of anyone doing so even with all that mobility), top damage, and generally being the best at everything.

MM is terrible for questing, damage takes too long to get going. BM you can solo pretty much anything, but there's no burst, which means you need to pull big to be efficient. SV has good front-loaded damage which is great for the weak mobs you find while questing and also amazing regen that means you can just keep going, amazing at finding things one by one and killing things one by one.
    "MM, which has several ways to blow up single targets and decent burst, is bad. BM can't burst, has magic powers, and needs lots of AoE to make up for its damage that I already cried about. SV also has several ways to blow up single targets and decent burst but is good. Why no I don't see how I contradicted myself here!"

OP, another poster has already listed several abilities for mowing down quest mobs. Anything that doesn't die in a few shots, kite if BfA MM tank pets don't cut it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    For some reason, all the BMs start crying if they can't have infinite mobility, a pet to tank (since they can't kite or conceive of anyone doing so even with all that mobility), top damage, and generally being the best at everything.
    I've never heard anyone ever say anything even just remotely close to that. But I suppose not wanting to be dead last for every bossfight (like we were in Tomb, like we are in Antorus) makes you a crybaby.

10+ Year Old Account
    After ignoring my hunter since the end of MoP I will also pick it as main in BfA. Leveled quite a bit in the beta and I will also play MM.
    You cannot ignore the fact that BM is just more comfortable for leveling (as usual), but it is not as satisfying as MM because you don't have those huge crits. IF you level as MM I would suggest you the following:

1. Level with a pet!! It's way smoother like this and you wont loose much damage. This way you can also do huge pulls, MM has strong AoE. A misdirect macro for your pet helps a lot. (#showtooltip Misdirection /cast [@focus,help][help][@pet,exists] Misdirection)
    2. If you gank much spec double tap, otherwise go for barrage. Careful aim is also a musthave imo.
    3. Play with warmode on and go for sniper shot. This way your attack range will be raised to 68yards for all attacks for 15 seconds. This one is MEGA fun!

Overall the MM was quite slow-paced, but is extremely rewarding with its big crits.

BM or MM. Just be sure to spec Barrage and you are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post

"MM, which has several ways to blow up single targets and decent burst, is bad. BM can't burst, has magic powers, and needs lots of AoE to make up for its damage that I already cried about. SV also has several ways to blow up single targets and decent burst but is good. Why no I don't see how I contradicted myself here!"

OP, another poster has already listed several abilities for mowing down quest mobs. Anything that doesn't die in a few shots, kite if BfA MM tank pets don't cut it.
    For some reasons, all the classes/specs start crying if they can't have infinite mobility, full self heals, insta-kill burst, and generally aren't the best at everything.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Deleted
    As someone who has leveld on beta BM is way better, not just numbers wise but just in general.

1. You get a spirit beast - spirit mend is busted and heals you a shit ton. Great for mass pulling/killing elites/if you get ganked
    2. You have 0 down time and can constantly be moving to move to more pull more mobs. MM is the similar but it feels a little more clunkier to me personally.
    3. BM has great cds for big packs / boss mobs / elites. Plus the fact BW is basically off cooldown for every big pack you pull.
    4. If you have these legos use KJ's burning wish and apex.
    5. If you run into any ally (most likely won't happen till 120) BM is pretty strong

What I do is MD to pet run around and barrage as many mobs as possible use the pet dmg reduction pop BW then KJ's and I nearly 1 shot the group.

Obv you can do all this as MM too but because BM is much better numbers wise plus the fact that BM just feels a little less clunky to play while trying to level as fast and efficient as possible.

If MM gets number changes it may be more fun to try out explosive shot / barrage / piercing shot and do the same thing but for now I am much preferring BM.

Given the cast times and haste affecting the Aimed charges, I suspect MM will smooth out when we start getting some decent 120 gear, not unlike BM having tons of downtime in early Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

I prefer BM , that eagle pvp talent helps a ton while leveling and none of the MM pvp talents speed up leveling.

So if you intend on leveling with warmode on ,I'd go BM.