Deleted

Making Dismiss Pet instant cast

With MM being able to use pets again with Lone Wolf, I can imagine quickly summoning a pet would make life easier. Sometimes it will be smart to make use of the movement speed boost from cunning, damage reduction from tenacity, or heroism and leech from ferocity. But at the same time, who cares about pets as MM? I can't be bothered with the micromanaging the pet and dealing with that infamous AI.

So ideally that pet just disappears once it stops having a purpose, which gets annoying with the cast time of dismiss pet. 3 seconds to cast while standing still is so dreary. Imagine casting Dismiss Pet a 1000 times during this expansion, that's 50 minutes of your life wasted on something that could be instant cast.

So what are thoughts about making Dismiss Pet instant cast, while putting any Call Pet on a 3 second cooldown after casting the Dismiss?

Deleted
    I've always wanted this. Warlocks can instantly dismiss their demons, so why can't we do the same with our pets?

Quote Originally Posted by Eskii View Post
    I've always wanted this. Warlocks can instantly dismiss their demons, so why can't we do the same with our pets?
    Because they're good boys
    unlike demons'
    they're bad boys
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Because the warlocks have a cast time on their demon summons. Hunters have the same thing, except its a cast time to dismiss it.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Because the warlocks have a cast time on their demon summons. Hunters have the same thing, except its a cast time to dismiss it.
    Not to mention, if Blizzard feels this might be too much of an advantage - for a petless spec to be able to easily access benefits specific to the other two specs that run pets full-time, just long enough to not worry about the reduced damage - they will make sure to NOT buff the cast time, and they might even add one for pet summoning just for MM. This might have even been the sole reason why Lone Wolf was a talent in the first place, and blocked pet summoning when selected.

But at the same time, they have to summon the demons, where we just insta call them out. so it kinda balances out.

(edit) oh this was posted two posts ago :P

Warlocks have to cast a long spell because they are ripping their demon from the nether. They don't care for their pet so they can quickly toss them away when they find no more use of them. Hunter pets are there for their loving owners so they can instantly call on them. The Hunter also has to say goodbye to them so it takes longer to cast the dismiss spell. It really is part of the lore.

I could see dismiss pet being instant, but only if call pet had a cast time.
    The utility, and I really hate to say it, would be too high if we could hotswap pets in a global.
    Being able to call out a tenacity pet, pop survival an crane purge, and then swap back to a ferocity pet for the leech would almost certainly be seen as a problem.

That said, I'd still prefer if the cast time was on call, and not dismiss.
    It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I don't taste very good.

Deleted
    Sure but call pet should have a 3 second cast to counter it.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    You whistle to get your pet that's waiting nearby. You have to tell it to piss off so it takes a bit. That's how I've always seen it as opposed to warlocks that have to spend time summoning shit (or burning a soul to instantly empower their magic), while they can just sever the connection whenever they feel like it and poof the daemon is gone.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Originally the cast time on Dismiss Pet was 5 seconds (classic > cataclysm), then it was reduced to 2 seconds (so almost just a global). The cast time was increased to 3 seonds later, to counter the cast time of revive pet being reduced DRAMATICALLY (6s > 2s).

Ever since they took out the MoP Stampede you should know that Blizzard does NOT like hunters bringing more than one (or in the case of MM: none) pet-utility spell to the fight. Ever. If it ever becomes mainstream again to switch pets for multiple utilities in one fight (or even dungeon) they will likely take steps to make it even harder to switch pets in-fights.

If you behave like a "good boy", the way Blizzard wants you to, and only ever use the utility of the pet you enter the fight with and don't even THINK of switching it, 2s revive instead of 6s is a nice little treat.

I can totally see the shit this puts on MM hunters in groups where they have to bring the burst haste buff, but imho they should not mess with the pet abilities and instead give MM Hunters with no pet active the ability to cast the buff themselves. Or take it from MM completely.

The way it is now is really a shit solution that will only cause frustration and maybe even drama, when MM Hunters rather use drums than go through a dismiss pet and then get scolded by their group for it.

I always felt the 2s cast on Revive Pet felt too generous. There should be more punishment for getting your pet killed. As is, I've solo'd raid bosses just because I could chain rez my pet on them.