Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Healing Elixir gone in BFA for WW monk?

On the beta right now, Healing Elixir seems to be completely removed from WW monks.
    At it's place we can now take Inner Strength, Each Chi you spend reduces damage taken by 2% for 5 sec, stacking up to 5 times.
    All nice and dandy but Healing Elixir was a great talent for some decent selfhealing.
    Heck it was one of the best selfheal talents ever.

I hope I am completely overlooking something but right now it's not in the spellbook nor in the talent tree.
    Funny how ENH Shaman which is about the closest to a WW monk gets more selfheal added where WW monk loses theirs.

#Feelsbadman

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuushima View Post
    On the beta right now, Healing Elixir seems to be completely removed from WW monks.
    At it's place we can now take Inner Strength, Each Chi you spend reduces damage taken by 2% for 5 sec, stacking up to 5 times.
    All nice and dandy but Healing Elixir was a great talent for some decent selfhealing.
    Heck it was one of the best selfheal talents ever.

I hope I am completely overlooking something but right now it's not in the spellbook nor in the talent tree.
    Funny how ENH Shaman which is about the closest to a WW monk gets more selfheal added where WW monk loses theirs.

#Feelsbadman
    Wouldn't you want two similar specs to have distinct differences that define them, other than just spell animations?

Quote Originally Posted by ribthanwa View Post
    Wouldn't you want two similar specs to have distinct differences that define them, other than just spell animations?
    I at least wouldn't want monk to just randomly lose one of his best selfheal spells, also they are still more than different enough I was just comparing since they are the closest together style-wise.

I will miss the elixir, now we have to actually use the casting heal. I mean.. no other dps class had a 2x instant heal on demand. call it what you want but, it needed to go to level with the other dps classes. besides we still got green goo on the ground when stuff dies.

so no more confirmed?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karantes View Post
    so no more confirmed?
    As of today (Build 26610) it is (still) gone.

I'm not going ot miss it too much though, since I always prefered Dampen Harm or Dispel Magic fo Dungeons and Raids. For Questing the combination of Chi Sphere and the Healing Orbs from Afterlife also were enough. I migth miss Healing Elixir in PvP, but I mainly play Mistweaver for that.

Healing Elixir is a cool spell and it shall be missed, but I'll live without it. It felt awkward having that mechanic though. Our other setup we have is more interesting and could be buffed to suit?

It's okay if we receive some kind of compensation but it needs to be some pretty significant stuff considering that they've removed Healing Winds as well.

On that tier, mitigation over healing. Always. Unless you hate or dont trust your healers. in open world/questing/dailies would be the only use - and even then you should be WW. So to me, I didnt know it was there until recently.

Deleted
    Dunno how many ww players even used it so dont think its bad to lose it

Quote Originally Posted by Yodamaister View Post
    Dunno how many ww players even used it so dont think its bad to lose it
    Plenty of players did, it's really great for open world stuff. That said, I can see why they got rid of it, it doesn't really fit the class fantasy imo. Felt more like a shaman heal with a cooldown.

Yup. All of our healing is gone except for a crappy casted heal. Atm, we are going into a "kill it before it kills you" playstyle for solo content.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Yup. All of our healing is gone except for a crappy casted heal. Atm, we are going into a "kill it before it kills you" playstyle for solo content.
    Uhm.. Did you read what you typed? Isn't the game always built around killing it before it kills you?

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Uhm.. Did you read what you typed? Isn't the game always built around killing it before it kills you?
    Not when classes have heals that don't suck.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Good change for PVP, they should get rid of automatic pilot abilities (auto-elixir for monk, auto-bubble for paladin, auto-trinket...)

Quote Originally Posted by MrCool View Post
    Good change for PVP, they should get rid of automatic pilot abilities (auto-elixir for monk, auto-bubble for paladin, auto-trinket...)
    Auto Elixer is good for pve grinding, but I agree that all healing should be omitted/limited from PvP unless you are an actual healer, and that healer cant one shot you (shockadin). Mages I think are the only ones now that dont have a heal correct?

Quote Originally Posted by MrCool View Post
    Elixir is the smallest offender here.
    Things like Cheat Death or Auto Bubble should die in a fire however, or at the very least be the only defensive cd for a class.

Basically anything that outright prevents death despite massive damage should closely be looked at, elixir heals for 30% at best and that requires you to go below 35%, back over 35% and both charges being available.

Quote Originally Posted by kran1um View Post
    Auto Elixer is good for pve grinding, but I agree that all healing should be omitted/limited from PvP unless you are an actual healer, and that healer cant one shot you (shockadin). Mages I think are the only ones now that dont have a heal correct?
    I don't see the problem with Hybrids such as Druid, Monk or Shaman having heal tools.
    After all, even Fire / Arcane Mages can use Ice block, despite it being a "frost spell".

Also, Fire mages have a selfheal tied to Blink and Temporal Shield, which heals you unless you die before it expires.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2018-06-06 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Elixir is the smallest offender here.
    Things like Cheat Death or Auto Bubble should die in a fire however, or at the very least be the only defensive cd for a class.

Basically anything that outright prevents death despite massive damage should closely be looked at, elixir heals for 30% at best and that requires you to go below 35%, back over 35% and both charges being available.

I don't see the problem with Hybrids such as Druid, Monk or Shaman having heal tools.
    After all, even Fire / Arcane Mages can use Ice block, despite it being a "frost spell".

Also, Fire mages have a selfheal tied to Blink and Temporal Shield, which heals you unless you die before it expires.
    I just think hybrids heal way to much to the point where they are very hard to kill. Druids I cant keep up with, as monks. Shamans not much problem unless they pole dancing.

I just think hybrids heal way to much to the point where they are very hard to kill. Druids I cant keep up with, as monks.
    Druids can heal for a lot only if they sit into bear farm and use frenzy, which is basically a 50% reduce but as selfheal, during which Druids do nothing but sit in bear.
    Basic heal spells just counteract the damage of a single dps at best and you're oom after 4-5 casts.

And if they just stall it, yep, that's part being a hybrid, as said above, if you're fine with Arcane Mages sitting in Ice Blocks, Affli Locks having pets, then hybrid heal is fine as well, and things like Ice Block are generally a lot more flexible than a hybrid having the option to stall and kite and *possibly* win the game due that.

So no, hybrid healing is not too strong, especially if you take into account that a lot of pures / nonhealing classes have also gained decent abilities to recover health.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2018-06-06 at 09:17 PM.

I'm not saying that Elixir should be gone, I'm saying that the mechanic where Elixir is automatically used below 35% (even when stunned) should be removed.