Useless sub forums

https://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/338-Rift is a prime example. Why is this taking up forum space? What's the use? We have one active poster there who blindly follows Rift (who has been confirmed to work for Trion), and people who are critical and unsure about the game.

I like reading the forum to keep up with the news. The poster in question may blindly love Trion, but nearly every other poster blindly hates him and immediately attacks him for posting even anything remotely positive.

However, the forum did bring some good conversation about Rift Prime. I don't see a reason to remove it unless it was a drain on resources.

To be fair there are quite a few dead or barely active sub forums.

As I said in the Rift thread earlier. I imagine it's because back then they thought the games would gain more ground which they did initially.

Although if I recall they do intend to tidy up the forum at some point but it's a low prio thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    I like reading the forum to keep up with the news. The poster in question may blindly love Trion, but nearly every other poster blindly hates him and immediately attacks him for posting even anything remotely positive.

However, the forum did bring some good conversation about Rift Prime. I don't see a reason to remove it unless it was a drain on resources.
    Don't play the victim card for someone else. That's just low. And copy pasting any form of news is hardly "positive". It's neutral at best. And considering how the person in question acts towards anyone remotely critical are you expecting people to sign his praises?

If you act snarky towards people presenting valid critique then don't be surprised if over time you end up being disliked by posters.

But anyway this has nothing to do with the topic at hand so I'll end it there.

The topic at hand is sub forums that barely have any activity. There isn't much point keeping them around imo and better off converting them to a Megathread. Other games recently were Megathreads because while games like Rift/SWTOR gained ground early on they failed to keep it so the activity became nonexistant.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-07-12 at 07:10 PM.

rift had potential.
    change can't wait.

Eventually we may clean up those forums, but they are at the bottom of the list and aren't hurting anything for now. They were a lesson about adding subforums for new games when people request them.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/338-Rift is a prime example. Why is this taking up forum space? What's the use? We have one active poster there who blindly follows Rift (who has been confirmed to work for Trion), and people who are critical and unsure about the game.
    What forum space? How is it affecting you at all? You're not making sense.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    What forum space? How is it affecting you at all? You're not making sense.

seeing your sig, and the way you post.. I'll take the response of an actual admin over yours if you don't mind

seeing your sig, and the way you post.. I'll take the response of an actual admin over yours if you don't mind
    My sig of someone else gave you an opinion of my post? Yeah okay. If you didn't like my answer then look at the actual admin's post above mine. He says it doesn't hurt anyone. It's a pointless complaint.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Why is this thread taking up forum space?

There's no gun to your head forcing you to go to the rift sub.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    My sig of someone else gave you an opinion of my post? Yeah okay. If you didn't like my answer then look at the actual admin's post above mine. He says it doesn't hurt anyone. It's a pointless complaint.
    aah, someone who can't read, let me restate it for you.. maybe the second time it'll work?

I'll take the response of an actual admin over yours if you don't mind
    @Evil Midnight, and yet you found the need to post, adorable! <3

At least it is not as useless as Politics, people still post in GOT, and once in a while we might get a mod to move them. This is done from forum regulars all the time.