Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is the best spec to level a rogue?

Guys, I am going to level a rogue and not sure which spec is better, faster and fun (all 3 combined) after scaling in 7.3.5? I have all heirlooms, WoD & Legion flying.

Which spec is better for 1-100 and 100 to 110? Please advise - thank you much appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    assa /w leeching poison. <3

I only remember leveling my rogue from somewhere around level 90-110 in legion, I had not logged on to it in a long time prior to that, so I can't speak for lower levels.

Sub was really fast because you can frontload a lot of burst damage in combat, and by the time you've used up shadow dance the mobs are dead. Mobility is pretty good with shadowstrike, shadowstep, sprint, nightstalker talent.
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

Deleted
    Have leveled almost exclusively as sub in the past. Burst damage > dots for leveling. But to be fair, if you enjoy assa or outlaw a lot, just play that.

which enchant is better for daggers - or other melee dps weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    Have leveled almost exclusively as sub in the past. Burst damage > dots for leveling. But to be fair, if you enjoy assa or outlaw a lot, just play that.
    In BfA, if they don't nerf Envenom, you'll have more burst with Assassination while you're leveling

Nightstalker'd Marked for Death envenom near oneshots normal mobs up to lvl 117-118ish

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best leveling spec is the one you plan on playing at max level.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart View Post
    In BfA, if they don't nerf Envenom, you'll have more burst with Assassination while you're leveling

Nightstalker'd Marked for Death envenom near oneshots normal mobs up to lvl 117-118ish
    That sounds like something that is going to be nerfed though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazen

Best leveling spec is the one you plan on playing at max level.
    Why? The Azerite pieces you get while leveling will probably be replaced relatively early anyway.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why? The Azerite pieces you get while leveling will probably be replaced relatively early anyway.
    If you know you will be playing assassination for example at 120, why would you bother playing sub for 10 levels? Makes little sense to get used to one spec to switch to another to save a few minutes of play time.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Deleted
    Some specs are just more enjoyable in different situations. This mostly applies to healers, which I would never level in the spec I intend to play on max level, but for example if the spec you intend to play on max level has very long ramp up or very little sustain, why not level on something that works better in a leveling environment. (Shadow priests leveling as Disc say hi).

Honestly none of them are fun 0-60.

Any spec with MfD will blow up world content. It does on live. They're not going to change it.

It seems deliberate, given Envenom is >50% of your damage at max level before you have enough ilvl for mastery/haste to make your DoTs worth, and no words about it have come from Blizzard in the beta about it being an issue

All the same really, it is leveling. It doesn't matter at all. Play what you like for leveling, its the only time you can if you care about best damage at max level, cos you get locked in to a spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    i do like grapling hook to get to elevated terrain while leveling. Also very useful in the new hub city (Alliance)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    Honestly none of them are fun 0-60.
    I agree with that. Re-leveling a rogue at lvl 45 and it’s been painful so far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart View Post

Nightstalker is not affecting envenom in the current beta.
    Tested it myself on the same mobs, several times.
    MoD and envenom with legendary shoulders still oneshots everthing. 106+ its alot harder. if the nightstalker interaction with envenom stays the same, ill use MoD+rupture+nightstalker for leveling. 3 seconds 50% crit are realy... meh. I hope blizzard will change it to 4 or 5 seconds atleast.

5+ Year Old Account
    I personally liked leveling as Subtlety with Marked for Death + Nightstalker.

I think it has a good burst if you have the legendary shoulders. You can snipe mobs pretty quickly with this build.

Anything with MfD will kill everything very quickly. Outlaw has more front loaded cleave for killing larger packs. Assassination with leeching poison lets you kite if you need to. Some elites are immune to snare so you can't kite them.