Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    So you're trying to tell me that swearing/using profanity somehow makes you a bigot?
    No, using bigoted slurs makes you a bigot. Again, normal folks who don't hold bigoted views aren't doing this. When I get mad I'll curse up a storm for sure, but I can't remember the last time I started dropping racist/sexist/homophobic/etc., angry or not.

"Deal with it" is not an argument.
    ...is this not the literal argument you're making against this decision from Ubisoft and the people who support the change in this thread?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Just saw your post and will do.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a difference in saying ass and saying a slurr...

Do you even know what slurr means?

- - - Updated - - -

And I already answered that, read that post again.
    You talked about a white person saying it. Why is it ok in rap but not online?

So they chase bad words but the rampant, obscene levels of team killing still hasn't been touched? Who gives a shit what the screeching tween is yelling as they mow down their own team? its still unplayable without a premade group.

"Deal with it" is not an argument.
    Then why are you making it your argument?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

So you're trying to tell me that swearing/using profanity somehow makes you a bigot?
    Are you seriously trying to lump racist slurs in with other profanity?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Stop confusing 'things people do' with 'things that are okay for people to do'.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I've never used a racial slur when angry/venting. Literally never. It isn't a 'natural' thing to do and it should have consequences.

"Sorry I called you a niggar bro, I was just mad." Seriously? That's normal behavior where you come from?
    I personally don't use them but I use other derogatory language when I feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I think that people will say the most offensive shit that comes into their minds without giving it much thought. So in that regard I don't think it's much different.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2018-07-13 at 10:45 PM.

Last checked Ubisoft runs the show on Rainbow 6 Siege not 50 cent (example) if he wants to use the word in his song that's his choice.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So they chase bad words but the rampant, obscene levels of team killing still hasn't been touched? Who gives a shit what the screeching tween is yelling as they mow down their own team? its still unplayable without a premade group.
    PR and virtue signaling. Getting woke is the way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    It would appear so.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I personally don't use them but I use other derogatory language when I feel like it.
    Then enjoy your vacation from the game when you feel like doing it around people who don't feel like hearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    There is systems in place to deal with Tking but ya they could be dealt with better. One step at a time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Stop confusing 'things people do' with 'things that are okay for people to do'.
    So why is it not ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    So not wanting to deal with toxic bullshit is "getting woke" now?

Fuck me I guess the golden rule was the start of it all.

Yes, and "Fucking shit" or "Damn asshole" don't seem to be triggering bans. Only bigoted slurs rather than just regular vulgarity.

A developer not wanting bigots shitting up their game is "virtue signaling"? And they already have plenty of good PR, they don't "need" more.

So why is it not ok?
    Ur question has already been answered.

So not wanting to deal with toxic bullshit is "getting woke" now?

Fuck me I guess the golden rule was the start of it all.
    Dealing with that instead of (or rather, faster than) the game-play issues that pester the game is, in fact, getting woke.

Dealing with that instead of (or rather, faster than) the game-play issues that pester the game is, in fact, getting woke.
    Alternatively...they can do both at once. A decision like this is more a policy move than anything that would require serious development time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Last checked Ubisoft runs the show on Rainbow 6 Siege not 50 cent (example) if he wants to use the word in his song that's his choice.
    Actually his record label does. Whose side would you be on if they said he, or any rapper, cant say it?